Search Unity

New to Unity - Network missing in new version

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by atlien-EW, Apr 22, 2019.

1. atlien-EW

atlien-EW

Just beginning with Unity and ran into what is probably a self-inflicted problem.

I would like to create a simple multi-player game for Android, and one of the first steps is to add Network Manager and Network Manager HUD to an empty GameObject. But the entire Network folder is not showing up when I try to add these new components. I've activated the Multiplayer Services, but still nothing.

I'm using the latest version 2019.1.0f2 and when I try the same thing with the previous version (2018.3.13f1), no issues. Is there something new with 2019.1.0f2 where you need to import or activate this Network folder somehow?

I tried searching for this, but haven't found the answer as of yet.

Thanks

DARKNESSROGER likes this.
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Don't just now start learning the Unet API which was never finished and was deprecated a year ago. Choose a 3rd party network solution. See the Connected Games forum for other options.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Amirreza_Daghighi

Amirreza_Daghighi

thank you for the answer, that could do the trick

KaiShaine likes this.
  4. unity_yU8nNB4BqhYDyw

unity_yU8nNB4BqhYDyw

thank you so much i was at the middle of a project and i thought i got stuck and can't finish it

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. ajaydoc001

ajaydoc001

Thanks so much

6. leo_unity183

leo_unity183

where did it go

7. leo_unity183

leo_unity183

oh btw im using 2020.1.3f1

8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It got removed from the editor and moved to a package, so check the package manager. I'm not sure if it is even available for 2020.x anymore, but it might be. If you want to use Unet though you probably should be using Mirror instead. Unet hasn't gotten hardly any improvements or bug fixes since around 2016, while Mirror is a fork of the Unet HLAPI with ongoing support by the maintainers.

9. Alokishu2008

Alokishu2008

i have even done this but still could not find it in the add components list, and when i imported mirror asset for doing this it did not show up in the add components list. then in the asset folder in unity editor i went to Assets<Mirror<Runtime, in this folder named runtime i found a script or material i didn't recognize what named '
    Network Manager' And 'Network Manager HUD', i then dragged network manager hud into the new empty gameobject which i had made for network manager then this came into my screen --"can't add script component 'Network Manager HUD' because the script class cannot be found.Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and the class name match." and there are no compile errors related to that pls help me......

10. Alokishu2008

Alokishu2008

and one more thing i am using unity 2019.4.3

11. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You need to make sure that there are no compile errors at all, not just related to the Mirror scripts. The entire project must be entirely free of compile errors.

12. SagarMH

SagarMH

Thank you bro