Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question New to Unity, and needing to teach it. What modules in Unity Learn should I prioritize

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by jharmanroisd, Jul 5, 2023.

1. jharmanroisd

jharmanroisd

Hello,

I am a highschool teacher in texas and will teach Unity to a Game Design class next year. I will be expected to have my students certify by the end of the 52 week school year.

I have only completed the first two missions in Unity Essentials. Beyond this, I have no experience with Unity or C++. I do, however, have beginner level experience with Unreal Engine.

I come from a Graphic Design background and am proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Primere. I have beginner level skills in modeling with no experience in animation or audio design.

What learning modules in Unity Learn do you recommend prioritizing so that I can best teach my students?

I plan to have my students go through Unity Learn this year as well.

Thank you for all suggestions.

Regards,

Jacob Harman

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

I suggest joining game jams to get the hang of it.
    And learn what Unity has to offer and which language it uses. It's C#, not C++...
    The unity learn pathways are pretty descriptive, so choose the ones which fit most. If you are going to teach to create games as a while I recommend to take fundamentals, programming, and creative, as these are fundamental building blocks in game dev.

And maybe hire someone externally who has mor experience with Unity development if you are going to teach others properly

3. thickiran

thickiran

You should start with "Unity Essentials" and after go for the "Junior Programmer" route. This will be quite a good start for you

DevDunk likes this.