Search Unity

Question New to ProBuilder, Edge Loops

Discussion in 'World Building' started by IntelZ, Jan 14, 2021.

1. IntelZ

IntelZ

So I'm trying to find my way around ProBuilder in Unity and started by trying to create a simple house Scene. On doing this from research to create holes in walls for windows/doors you use Edge Loops and then delete the materials in between which is fine. However after doing this I have rearlised Im left with lots of edge lines and am not sure how to deaal with them as some are not miss shaped and when trying to edit small things its getting messy. Am curious for any tips round this or what I'm doign wrong. Thanks very much. P.S. As you can see the main problem is these diagnols which are uselss to me but get in the way for future editing.

I tried reading on this and people mentioned on Merging faces or Connect vertices but on doing that I was still left with some random loop lines which I could not get rid of.

Any help would be great, thanks for your time.

2. SurreyMuso

SurreyMuso

Hi and welcome to Unity. Your journey will be painful at times but, if you like diagnosing problems, you'll feel right at home!

As for your edge loops, there is no direct way to delete them since they indicate the junction between two faces. What you need to do is select the Face tool, select adjacent faces and then click "Merge Faces". That normally works but I have seen cases when it does indeed merge them but still leaves a visible line.

Depending on your geometry, you probably have to do the same on other faces as well.

If you're doing something complex, you may want to try building in Blender or even SketchUp and importing. ProBuilder is often quite ropey. I've been working with it today building some teaching material and had five crashes. Grr...