Search Unity

New to Learn Python language

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satineeraj, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satineeraj

satineeraj

Hello everyone, My name is Neeraj Sati and I am in the second year of my engineering, as an engineering student I want to build my career in the programming industry I search this on the internet and found Python is one of the most trending and future technology, this is also helpful because this also be used in the Machine Learning and in AI as well, so I decided to learn PHP, I found many of the Udemy and Courses are on the internet, I am very confused to which one is best, can anyone please suggest me which is best to learn Python.
    Thanks.

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

Unity uses C# for scripting and does not deal with Python.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you need advice about learning Python, while I'm sure a few people here know the language, you're probably best to go to a forum which specializes in Python.

4. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Kiwasi likes this.
  5. neginfinity

neginfinity

Reading the docs on python website should be a viable route as well. I mean they have beginner's guide and all.
    https://www.python.org/

satineeraj and EternalAmbiguity like this.
  6. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

The official Python site is so-so, but only useful if you already know how to program..I say so-so since I was reading it to relearn Python and ended-up just using it to write my own reference. The O'Reilly books are often the best, but you still need to check: is it teach basic coding using Python, or teach Python to a coder, or a mix that everyone will hate?

satineeraj, Kiwasi and Joe-Censored like this.
  7. Naheedmir

Naheedmir

I will suggest going for Udemy as it has a number of great courses delivered by people who are certified trainers and professionals working in that field. On this website, you will learn Python and other Programming Languages in Practical.
    You will learn python programming language, but also web Development skills, Ethical Hacking, etc.

satineeraj and Joe-Censored like this.
  8. sxa

sxa

Your first step should be learning how to research appropriately.

9. ADNCG

ADNCG

I needed to learn python recently for a machine learning project and the following worked for me :

Went through https://www.learnpython.org. Then dove right into relevant source codes. Joined a python slack and if I didn't understand something, I'd seek help there. Python was was fairly easy to get into. As for the ML part, tensorflow/keras are very well documented, and there are many discord channels.

This is the python slack channel in question : https://pyslackers.com/web

satineeraj likes this.
  10. undevable

undevable

I started programming in Python and then moved on to learning about web development (and there I also learned about PHP). The one which is the best depends on your use-case because PHP is mostly used for web development, while Python has many use cases (web development, applications, AI, and even games with PyGame. Whatever field you want to get into in software development, you should start with Python first, since it's a really simple and powerful language. I read many books on Python, none of them didn't help me too much. What helped me was just tinkering around with it. Get familiar with Python with a book. Whether it helps you or not, it'll give you a basic understanding of programming with Python (and importantly OOP programming). But, don't read many books. I would suggest just reading one book. Then, make your own projects with Python. Get stuck? Then Google it. I would suggest getting a look at this https://www.w3schools.com/python/ website, as it introduces Python well.

11. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Off topic.

Joe-Censored likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.