Search Unity

Official New, templated, and faster than ever: Unity material workflows in ArtEngine 2021.10

Discussion in 'ArtEngine - Archived' started by vishnuvp7, Aug 25, 2021.

1. vishnuvp7

vishnuvp7

Unity Technologies

upload_2021-8-25_12-50-43.gif

Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a great day!

We have introduced some new features in ArtEngine 2021.10.1
    Here's a blog post that gives an overview of the features and introduces the latest pricing model for ArtEngine.

Check it out and please share it with your circle:

New, templated, and faster than ever: Unity material workflows in ArtEngine 2021.10

Useful links: Unity ArtEngine Product Page

Thank you,

The Unity ArtEngine Team

2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Here is my feedback: The tool is really nice!
    If only this was part of Unity without having to pay extra then I would use it.

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

The tool is good and the new pricing is much better than before! We are still way too integrated into a substance pipeline to switch over, and nothing seems to be winning us over from that so far.

If this was part of the core engine (not a paid add on) this would give unity a feature to really stand out against the competition (unreal) who are constantly adding new tech for free. We would probably start to use less substance at that point too.

But in its current form, its nice but never going to win over from users who already use substance.

ArtEngine does not do everything substance painter, designer and alchemist do together, it only does some of the things those 3 software packages provide, but costs the same amount as all 3 of those combined. I think that the pricing could still use work, in that regard. Dont even get me started on the fact that its a gutted version that requires online-only to work, when using the cheaper tier. Thats not a good way to make an indie tier, it would be more palatable if it was the full software in each tier, with limitations on earnings for the tiers.

Great movement in the right direction, but nothing that I feel will win over many users of unity, nor make a lasting impression on those leaving for the competitor engine(s). And online only is a real mistake for the low priced tier.

Wattosan and Lars-Steenhoff like this.