Search Unity

New Smart Water for Mobile ( OpenGLES 1.1 compatible)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikko, Jun 1, 2011.

1. nikko

nikko

'Everything' from SmartWater Basic is working for OpenGLES 1.1, except that it is not looking as beautiful of course.
    The water prefabs, exemples scenes etc...
    You can go underwater and have a similar effect (with specific underwater shader)
    You can mix several water shaders on the screen.
    You have caustics, etc...
    Only the refraction/fake reflection is gone which make the water looking for 'flat' but it is for the first generation of mobiles, it has to be fast...
    I made 2 shaders, 1 pass and 2 pass, for speed.
    I also made a demo scene and several prefabs (a 2 joystick camera for example) ready to use.

It is not as realistic as the basic version, but because it keeps the mechanic of the basic version, the textures animations and also interpolates the color, size of caustics etc...you just have to use the drop down menu to switch from one version to another.

You can change the target platform on the fly too. So when I will release Smart Water for OpenGLES 2+ it will be possible to check the phone version and to switch to the corresponding water.

It is already out on http://unity3dx.com, and I am uploading to the asset store. I also had to update Smart Water basic to 1.6 with a lot of internal changes too.

Attached Files:

• $01.png
      $01.png
      File size:
      999.5 KB
      Views:
    • $02.png
      $02.png
      File size:
      714.4 KB
      Views: