Search Unity

Question New Shadergraph and Additive Blend

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Noogy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Noogy

Noogy

Resolved, leaving this here for anyone else.

Hi all. I've been struggling with what I believe should be a really simple problem. At some point shadergraph moved away from the PBR master node into the split vertex/fragment nodes.

It used to be pretty simple to create an additive material, just toggle it from the gear in the master node. However I can't figure out how to replicate this with the new setup. I've tried numerous iterations with blend nodes and such but without success.

This would be for a sprite shader, but would be helpful for meshes and such (smoke, fog, lights, etc). Any help would be deeply appreciated, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    nbaris likes this.
  2. Noogy

Noogy

Updated, I think I've figured it out. I hadn't realized you don't need to use Sprite Lit/Unlit for sprites. Switching away from that exposed the Surface and Blend options in the Graph settings.

spark-man and nbaris like this.
  3. spark-man

spark-man

For noob like me

upload_2021-10-12_17-15-12.png

4. adamgolden

adamgolden

It's worth noting here that URP 12 introduced Material Overrides for Shader Graph. So for users of 12+, you just check the box as shown in the link below about this, then you pick the blend mode per Material.

"When enabled, this property lets you override certain surface properties on Materials. Before this release, those properties were set in a Shader Graph."

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...rsal@12.0/manual/whats-new/urp-whats-new.html

KarlKarl2000 and spark-man like this.