Search Unity

New shader source

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by PeterDahl, Nov 15, 2005.

1. PeterDahl

PeterDahl

Note: this thread is superseded by the sticky thread with updated shaders: http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2150

Here is a zip with an updated version of our default shaders. One of them got updated after Aarku pointed out an bug (thanks for that).
    If anyone finds any more bugs in them, or just does not undestand some of the stuff that goes on there, dont hessitate to ask, and I will try to explain / bugfix the issue.

- Peter

2. Sync1B

Sync1B

I had a bug once on a imac G5 (older version) I was using the parallax bump specular shader and from some reason when I rotated the object it looked like the bumpmap was stretching and distorting. I just thought I would mention it. I was only able to look at the bug once, I dont have a imac G5 but I still have the build that I used if any one wants to test it.

3. Sync1B

Sync1B

Also how do I update unity with those shaders?

4. PeterDahl

PeterDahl

You can just put them in your assetsfolder, then those shaders can be used. You might want to rename them though. All fixes are integrated with unity in the next release, so the source is mainly for you to play with :)

About the parallax, please file a bug. There are some issues with the texture "swimming" a little for large heights, so if thats what you saw, then thats a problem related to the technique and not a implementation bug.

- Peter

5. Sync1B

Sync1B

Alright, I already put them in my assets folder I was just wondering if there was a way to put them into the unity default project. no prob though. About the parallax, that might have just been it, ill try some different settings to see whats up.