Search Unity

New RPG kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sleglik, Jul 2, 2011.

?

Are you willing pay extra money for support multiple scenes in RPG kit?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2014.
  1. No

110 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes (maximum 30 dollars)

92 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Yme

Yme

how do you get the menu to work?

2. Yme

Yme

Correction...how do you get just about anything to work. I was able to locate the RPG Kit under the Window option. But, I have only been able to see the menu and other stuff in the "demo" game. I want to use these items in my own game. How do I get the menu and other stuff to work for my own game.

3. sleglik

sleglik

Can you be more specific about your problems. I am really confused.

In RPG menu you can configure every aspect of that game. Than in scene you will just attach script to that world object. So when you prepare NPC than you will add NPC script and set ID how it is done in my demo scene. I think that usage of this kit is very easy.

If you will give me one example what you don´t know I will describe how to do that. Choose one thing from RPG menu and I will describe it. Than other things are done in same way.

4. Ghidera

Ghidera

I was tempted to buy this from the descriptions and thread but when I looked at the web demo I was appalled. I don't know if it's just really old or if the starter kit really is that bad. Inventory and other windows have boxes sticking out the sides, text is all behind boxes, there's a giant pink thing sticking out of the ground that looks like a garbled model, equipment window apparently won't let you drop the sword into it (that was on the ground).

Unless I see something vastly better (with some instructions like what keys do what) there's no way I'd spend money on this.

5. sleglik

sleglik

Try again. I changed resolution. For some reason there was resolution 450 on height and it is not enough. Minimum resolution for this kit is 800 x 600.

Sorry

6. rowdyp

rowdyp

I just bought the actiongame kit with ai and RPG yesterday. I cannot get your demo to work, I tried attaching the bot and bot stats script to an enemy abd I get an error saying object reference not set to an instance of an object at line 65 of the bot script. Also I watched your video, but there is no fps kit listed under the window tab of unity, instead I see both the RPG and dungeon items. Any help getting started would be appreciated. Thanks for a great package

7. sleglik

sleglik

Hello,

this week I will submit new version. There will be some changes and tweakes. If you can contact me on email: sleglik87@gmail.com or skype if you want sleglik.

8. rowdyp

rowdyp

Hello, I just tried to start an rpg from scratch and I am lost after about two seconds. I am used to doing things in Javascript. I don't know that much about C#. I think it would be a good idea for you to create a pdf document detailing how to set up a scene from scratch, and how to set up the player.

9. sleglik

sleglik

Hello,

I am just uploading 8 video about beginning for this kit. It will take at least several hours. It is 10 short video. I have to apologize that GUI in that video is strange but used lower resolution to make size of that video smaller.

Minimum resolution for my kit is 800 x 600

10. Archania

Archania

Awesome. I'm sure this will help people out. Can't wait to watch them.

11. GregMeach

GregMeach

1. Video links on your website... are not links
    2. When I copy the URL, the video's are listed as private

I was TLDR for all 36 pages of this thread, however after skimming about 1/2 of them, one thing is sure - YOU ARE COMMITTED TO THIS PROJECT and I thank you for that... My game is a space trading sim and it looks like I'm going to have to gut anything (RPG) available in the store but again I thank you for your continued support and improvement.

12. sleglik

sleglik

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  13. sleglik

sleglik

The newest version is in asset store it is 1.65

all video are to this version

14. RoyS

RoyS

Is this the Action Kit with RPG Kit? Asset store must be slow in uploading as you posted this 4 hours ago and I'm still on Action Kit with RPG v1.04. Usually it says "there is a new version available", but it's not saying that.

Thanks for doing those videos. They are very well done and explains exactly how to set up your game.

15. hike1

hike1

on regular download site- 'this is not a unity project'

16. sleglik

sleglik

This is only RPG starter kit. RPG + AI will be next week.

I will upload now RPG kit to my server.

17. hike1

hike1

I will upload now RPG kit to my server.
    unquote

I got it from unity store (had to 'upgrade' to unity 4.10), getting this error when I save game

InvalidOperationException: SavedContent cannot be serialized because it does not have a default public constructor
    System.Xml.Serialization.ReflectionHelper.CheckSerializableType (System.Type type, Boolean allowPrivateConstructors)

18. hike1

hike1

Looking good, I'm up to video 8 no new errors except this

NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent (System.String type) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:34)
    Player.ChangeMouseControl (Boolean enabled) (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/Hero/Player.cs:275)
    Player.OnGUI () (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/Hero/Player.cs:232)

I messed up the 'visit brown area' not getting any new choices after I visit it. Could you post the unitypackage for that quest please?

19. sleglik

sleglik

I can upload that demo version what I have. Sent me an email with invoice from Unity and I will give you that project where I was creating these demo

20. hike1

hike1

I will give you that project
    unquote

You can't dl from the store unless you bought it from them

It works now. I'm trying to make a ultima 6 type conversation

npc: -Bob

Player : Name

NPC-My name's bob

Player - Job

'add other text' Bob: I'm a beekeeper

Player: beekeper

'add other text ' bob: I keep bees and make honey

player: bees

Bye

It looks like you can only have 1 choice of Player response, in Ultima 6, the more the NPC talked, you'd get more choices, like
    bees, honey, hives, etc.

here's what I have

2.2MB
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102638093/ultima_6_conv.unitypackage

Why isn't saving working? No xml folders?

I'd like to see videos on container and sword pickup, spell firing, teleport, combat with animated model

21. sleglik

sleglik

No I made mistake for that Save. I didn´t test in the latest version. I will fix it.

You can have ANY converstation you want. You can have X player response for everything. What is the problem?

22. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

23. hike1

hike1

Here's a shot of 'no way to add a second topic' and the other one is 'how to make a 1-topic conversation (like when a cop pulls you over :)

Attached Files:

24. sleglik

sleglik

I really don´t understand what you mean now.

I am prety sure that you can create any combination of conversation. That you can have X player responses to any NPC text. I will prepare some video for more advanced conversation technics.

25. hike1

hike1

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102638093/guard_talk.jpg

Look at this pic, it shows 10 of the screens in order I clicked on them - 3 rows 4 in 1st row, 4 in second row, 3rd row is just 'bye'

1. Clicked on the guard in the game

2.click on name? "I'm not permitted to give that information"

3. click on job? "I'm one of Lord British's guards, we keep order in Britannia" -the possible things to click on go up by 2, 'order', and 'britannia'
    This can be done with your editor? I couldn't do it.

4. clicked on 'order'- 'lately our ranks have thinned. Many..etc. Now 'order' choice is gone and 'Gargoyles' appears. Britannia is still a choice
    as I haven't clicked on it.

With almost every answer, new clickable keywords appear in what you can ask the guard about, until you click on all of them and only 'Bye' or repeating
    is left.

With your editor I couldn't add any new keywords, I could only go like

npc player
    - job

order (clicks order)
    gargoyles (clicks gargoyles)

and so on. If you could reproduce this guard thing in your kit, I'd appreciate it.

I put the skeleton in the WorldMap, he goes into his running pose(from idle) when I collide with him but he doesn't run or chase me.

26. rowdyp

rowdyp

I think a video about adding weapons and spells would be great

27. Razial7

Razial7

From the demo on your site I would like to suggest a few simple things to help it "feel" better to play.

1- Need to add highlights to targeted enemy or NPC so you know who your attacking.
    2- Need to set it where containers, bags, inventory and such can be configured with how many slots to display rather then full screen of slots.
    3- add an autoloot feature.
    4- move the currency to a separate slot embedded in the inventory window, not taking up a space in a slot. Some games may require more then one type of currency.
    5- a character selection and customization screen for rpg are really great to have don't know if you have one but that wasn't in demo.
    6- need to take off delay for opening menus and closing menus as well as add a close button on menus themselves
    7- when any menu is open game is paused which is kinda a pain. regular menus should be opened in game-time so the player can still move about with menus opened if they wish....this is very useful at times. pause game could be implemented on main menu.
    8- I'm sure you can customize the GUISkin but can we move buttons and labels freely in inspector or just through code. inspector editing would be great

Great work though reading through all these pages and your youtube vids, I can tell you are very dedicated and talented. I would like to see more videos of you implementing everything. Considering the amount of time you have put into this the price you ask is beyond far but for a novice programmer such as myself, digging through someone elses' script is mind boggling to me. I would like to make sure that I can use the kit easily as I can without spending more time trying to figure it out then writing my own.

28. sleglik

sleglik

1. done
    2. there is no support for bags in inventory, inventory system similar to diablo without horadric cube = diablo was also without bags
    3. done
    4. every shop can have own currency and always it is item, displaying gold is some gui change and minor inventory change
    5. no character customization in this version, maybe in future
    6. this can be done but not now, there are more important tasks and what is important everybody wants to have GUI in different style
    7. I can do this, I choosed pause but I can implement both
    8. instead inspector editing I am using window, for GUI there is problem that I am not graphic, I am expecting that people will make some finalizing changes on GUI

29. sleglik

sleglik

Anybody interested in version for mobiles? (Android, iOS)

I am making game and I am changing RPG starter kit for mobiles phones. It is almost done. Main work was with GUI. This will not be part of RPG starter kit! Separate version however who bought RPG kit and want mobile version can have it much cheaper.

30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

yes a mobile version would be cool

31. sleglik

sleglik

www.portalprolidi.cz/rpg/android.zip

there is huge APK file containing updated RPG Kit for mobiles, controls, GUI everything is now prepared for touch screen

sorry conversation is now in Czech but I need somebody for English translation

if anybody interests in this version just let me know

32. andrydeen

andrydeen

Hi sleglik ,i use your asset for ios game and it will be very heplfull ,if you can create ios project.
    Thank you.

33. sleglik

sleglik

I cannot publish iOS project now. I have PC not MAC. Really sorry.

When it works for Android it must work for iOS there is no difference.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  34. PPStudios

PPStudios

I'm heavily interested in the android version of this. Keep up the great work

35. hike1

hike1

No I made mistake for that Save. I didn´t test in the latest version. I will fix it.

You can have ANY converstation you want. You can have X player response for everything. What is the problem?
    unquote

Still waiting for save and conversation example I showed you.

36. sleglik

sleglik

I made video about converstation. It didn´t help you?

37. hike1

hike1

I made video about converstation. It didn´t help you?
    unquote

I didn't see the new ones, you should post here if you have new videos, etc.

38. Infernomaster

Infernomaster

Hi,
    I found a bug in the equipementsystem. Whenever you have a 2 handed weapon ( e.g. a sword that takes 2 slots) and you equip another (in my case the same kind of sword) 2H-sword directly from the inventory, you duplicate the weapon! I think this is because the system thinks you are holding 2 weapons in stead of one? And btw is there a way of making the conversation GUI close when you walk away from an NPC

39. sleglik

sleglik

Thank you for information about that bug. I will try fix it asap.

About closing conversation GUI I can add this feature.

Hike1: This is my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sleglik

40. hike1

hike1

I could duplicate the 'general' video 11 conversation, but the 'what's 10 and 10' one wouldn't save. Also the skeleton guy is still freezing on 1st frame
    of Walk animation.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Enemy.get_DistanceFromPlayer () (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/Characters/Enemy.cs:340)
    Enemy.LateUpdate () (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/Characters/Enemy.cs:240)

float DistanceFromPlayer
    {
    get
    {
    return Vector3.Distance(player.transform.position, transform.position);//line 340
    }
    }

void LateUpdate()
    {
    distance = DistanceFromPlayer;//line 240
    if (rayCastTimer > 0.75f)
    {
    rayCastTimer = 0;
    RaycastHit hit;

41. freakprince

freakprince

hey jan...any reason why the enemy capsule is moving to 389 points on the y axis when the players gets close to it?

42. sleglik

sleglik

It is strange. Can you describe me more your situation?

43. freakprince

freakprince

i put the capsule on my terrain which is on (0,0,0) and whenever my player comes close to the capsule it flips to a y of a certain number number(385 this time) and if i do not move the terrain and player on that particular Y point the enemy doesnt do anything, also if i do that the enemy follows my character but it doesnt do any damage to my character and vice versa

44. freakprince

freakprince

NVM sleglik i managed to fix my issue :) turns out it was a matter with the size of the gameobject for some reason .... anyway i wanted to ask, is it possible to create a Shield item, and have it so that when i press right click my character blocks all damage?

45. sleglik

sleglik

Hello, I will work on shield very soon, new version submited to asset store, this update will be soon also for action game kit and mobile rpg kit

- Condition ArmorEquiped
    - Condition WeaponEquiped
    - World object effect area
    - World Object can be activated
    - in general added more labels in editor
    - added exception when null ID for items
    - fixed buff collection (wasn´t removing instant effects)
    - fixed display info when is empty message (world objects)
    - fixed level minimum condition, level maximum condition
    - removed start position / start rotation from inspector
    - improved closing GUI windows
    - fixed take all for container
    - added conditions for container
    - added events that will be triggered after is container opened
    - added effect after opening container (damage trap)
    - easier edit of container, shop and enemy loot

46. hike1

hike1

Save is still broken on PC version
    System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/StreamWriter.cs:124)
    System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string)
    SaveLoad.Save (System.String fileName, UnityEngine.Transform transform, UnityEngine.GameObject[] gameObjects, Int32 currentScene, .Player player) (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/SaveLoad/SaveLoad.cs:68)
    MainMenuGUI.DisplaySaveGame () (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/GUI/MainMenuGUI.cs:171)
    MainMenuGUI.OnGUI () (at Assets/RPGKit/Scripts/RPG/GUI/MainMenuGUI.cs:59)

47. G_Trex

G_Trex

I'm bought the kit and am currently going through the video tutorials, but I have a question.

Can I use this without the main menu displaying at the start, as I would prefer to create my own?

In other words, can I just have it start straight away with just the GUI?

48. Catacomber

Catacomber

I wasn't able to do this but maybe Sleglik can help you.

49. Japhet Eisenhdorf

Japhet Eisenhdorf

Hey there,

I just want to know why when i clicked Save in Mainmenu(onplay) it does save but when i click the load game on the start or in the World map it doesnt load any thing..... also where can i edit the shorcut keys Example the current shorcut key for quest is J and i want to change it to Q. where can i Alter it?

can u make more Tutorial on making Character Select?

Thanks

50. Japhet Eisenhdorf

Japhet Eisenhdorf

Hey there? is this Thread is already DEAD? if yes, i can conclude that RPG Kit 2.0 is already DEAD too.. T_T. Please reply sleglik ... i want to buy this kit for my RPG game......