Search Unity

New RPG kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sleglik, Jul 2, 2011.

?

Are you willing pay extra money for support multiple scenes in RPG kit?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2014.
  1. No

110 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes (maximum 30 dollars)

92 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. RoyS

RoyS

Those are some very nice additional features!

2. Catacomber

Catacomber

Well, yes, am just learning to use it. : ) I can help with the English of the tutorials but to learn things and expand them through my own experience you have to give me a chance to keep up. : )

3. Archania

Archania

Very nice additions. How do we go about getting them if they are not part of the original kit?
    Has the combat been corrected?

4. sleglik

sleglik

Version 1.41 is in Asset store.

some bug fixes with combat

I want to finish also combat and targeting system. So download this and it will improve combat but it is not perfect....

5. Le_Hieu

Le_Hieu

sleglik can guide specific setting in thirdperson mode?I use the kit for the first time so do not know how to adjust the starting third view mode like your game!?

6. Archania

Archania

I believe he has it in the readme file or one of the PDF files. You need to change the setting in I believe the game management script. Sorry not at home to verify it but will check it out when I go home for lunch and post again if sleglik didn't respond by then.

7. sleglik

sleglik

Scripts\RPG\Base\GlobalSettings = there you can find all settings including first person controller / third person controller

8. Le_Hieu

Le_Hieu

You can more specific instructions?Sorry that I have tried but can not do it perfectly!

9. sleglik

sleglik

No problem :)

- In Unity3d choose menu "Assets" - "Sync MonoDevelop project"
    - it will open MonoDevelop (or Visual studio according your settings)
    - select top project and navigate to file located in folder structure "Scripts\RPG\Base\"
    - select file "GlobalSettings"
    - line "public GameStyleType Game = GameStyleType.FirstPerson; " change to "public GameStyleType Game = GameStyleType.ThirdPerson; "
    - save it and compile

Open scene "LaunchThisScene"

- delete gameobject "Player"
    - add your third person controller
    - attach script "PlayerLauncher"

and it is complete

10. Le_Hieu

Le_Hieu

Thank you for your quick reply!But I do not know to solve the problem with 3rd camera angle?

11. RoyS

RoyS

Sleglik, what type of AI is in this RPG Kit?

I was looking at your AI Kit and that is for FPS Games, no? If I'm doing a Medieval Game, how is that going to fit in?

I do need...
    - pathfinding
    - patrol
    - chase enemy
    - attack
    but not really the rest of it which mostly applies to FPS Games.

12. sleglik

sleglik

leov2f: This is problem of controller. You must ask author of that controller

RoyS: I have to solve one important issue and than I will connect my AI with this RPG Kit..... but not prepared yet

13. RoyS

RoyS

14. sleglik

sleglik

I will combine both packs and add control for melee, range and spell fight. First of all I have to solve one problem. I am working on it how to do it....

When one problem will be solved than I will start prepare it. Right now RPG kit has only simply melee enemy.

15. drewradley

drewradley

How do I get the "advanced" version I've read about? I saw two links but they were both dead. I'm specifically wondering how to make inventory items appear on my character and it seems the advanced version included a sample of that.

16. sleglik

sleglik

Now is supported Ubrin character system. I hope that he will upgrade his pack soon.

If you want advanced pack with all scripts that I have inside my game just send me PM.

17. RoyS

RoyS

PM sent. Ubrin support for player and NPCs?

What AI is included in the RPG Kit?

18. Archania

Archania

He has it so your main character can be an Urbin character. You can use any model for npc just need to put the right scripts on it. The same can be said for your main character but he has it setup so it's easier usings Urbin.

19. hike1

hike1

I'm supposed to add 'player' prefab to SecondScene?

When I build and run windows standalone, there's no 'start game' menu, only a cross
    hair and game is frozen

when I run 'LaunchThis Scene' in editor, there's a 'start game' menu but it doesn't
    start when I click on it.
    I can run the second scene in the editor, I can't read all the text in the quest it says
    'you can kill one'
    And I get this error
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Enemy.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/RPG/Characters/Enemy.cs:115)

line 115 enemy.cs playerAttack.AddEnemy(this);

20. Archania

Archania

hike1,
    Did you add the different screens to the build? or verify it? And run it with LaunchThisScene loaded?
    Just wondering...

21. sleglik

sleglik

In readme.txt is mentioned few things what you have to do when you want to build. In Build settings do you have all scenes?

22. hike1

hike1

Yes, I read the readme.txt, in launch this scene there are 3 scripts missing on 'player'. Also I'm supposed to add the Player
    prefab to the secondscene, is that correct? I can do most of the things if I run secondscene in the editor, A menu that says
    'return to the game' comes up.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RPGContainer.Initialize () (at Assets/Scripts/RPG/Container/ConteinerScripts/RPGContainer.cs:145)
    Enemy.Awake () (at Assets/Scripts/RPG/Characters/Enemy.cs:53)

'second_scene.jpg' is what I see when I run the game and click 'start new game' in both editor and windows standalone .exe

but teleport doesn't work,
    can't see sword equipped, spheres don't die. On my other computer there is a minimap visible in the editor which
    disappears when I 'play'

Attached Files:

23. Archania

Archania

Are you using the rpg kit or the advanced kit? Plus is it the newest version that you can download off his site?

24. sleglik

sleglik

For some reason you have missing all scripts for First person controller....

I really don´t know why it happened. There is only one solution. You have to create your own prefab "Player" again.

Open LaunchThisScene. Delete player. Drag "First person controller" into scene. Rename it on "Player". Change tag to "Player". Attach script "PlayerLauncher". Select on script "PlayerLauncher" if you want weather or Ubrin character system. Launch the game.

25. hike1

hike1

I'm using the one from the asset store, don't see anywhere on his site to download a new version.
    I made a player prefab, but when I launch the capsule is far from the camera, and the keys and mouse look don't work.
    At least the game starts now.

Attached Files:

26. hike1

hike1

I should mention that when I run secondscene in the editor, everything works, except the teleporter, and I don't see my sword equipped when I press 'e'

27. sleglik

sleglik

On that first image was "Missing script". So I assumed that somehow was corrupted that First Person Controller.

If you want to see equiped sword you must have "Ubrin characters". It is character pack from Poboczny. Right now I support this character. I cannot support all characters because there is a lot of options how to "display" sword on some character....

28. hike1

hike1

in the readme.txt you have
    '- use created player prefab in your game (this prefab has all neccessary scripts for running)'

So I put one in secondscene, but one is automatically created (or goes from launchthisscene), why there were 2 capsules, it
    all works now. I still don't get why the minimap doesn't work.

29. sleglik

sleglik

I am sorry for problems with minimap this problem is my bug...

I will try to fix it asap

30. hike1

hike1

Is there some info on how to put a view weapon for 1st person and a 3rd person character? Nothing fancy, just a guy with a sword
    and a few animations, and how to get the player to do damage as well as enemies to deliver damage.

31. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

hike1, this could be a Unity problem. I have encountered this multiple times - Unity seems to have the tendency to "eject" or not load the script when it encounter errors - so make sure you clear of any error before you load up Sleglik's RPG kit. I have encountered this on uScript, Antares Universe, PlayMaker... you name it, if one of the script is not performing correctly, it could affect other scripts from loading correctly. So make sure you clear of any error, and then re-import slegilk's script.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  32. hike1

hike1

@dabawss
    all works now
    unquote

33. sleglik

sleglik

Combat system is working. Receiving and adding damage.... you have also loot enemies.

For characters and sword there is support Ubrin characters. I already wrote it...

34. hike1

hike1

I made a sword weapon out of the longsword, I could equip it, but it didn't appear in the viewport

The quest says 'left click on enemy to make his hit points go down" This does nothing, but the spheres (they're the enemies?)
    can kill me

If we don't have Ubrin, how do we make 3rd person character appear, or even a first person weapon?

35. sleglik

sleglik

1. yes spheres are enemies, you have to be close and facing them (some angle), in demo it is working and it is same version

2. you must import your animated hands or 3d model, create some equip point of right hand and left hand, than change script PlayerEquip

36. hike1

hike1

in demo it is working

Yes, it works in a second copy of the kit, must have messed up my working copy. Could you please set up this spider thing to be an enemy? It's a
    free model from psionic, I have it working in my Unity FPS tutorial somewhat

http://terrymorgan.net/beast.unitypackage
    6.8MB

I have weather checked in the Player Launcher but it's not raining or snowing or fogging

37. hike1

hike1

I got something to happen in conversation, my plan was
    NPC says-Hi I'm Louie
    Player says Hi I'm Terry

The player says, but npc no say, plus there's the inventory spellbook thing I didn't order, 'farewell' is good though.

Attached Files:

38. hike1

hike1

Here's the editor shot

Attached Files:

39. sleglik

sleglik

Hike1 can we solve all the problems you have using skype?

My skype is: sleglik

40. sleglik

sleglik

New version 1.5

- improvements to enemy now every enemy can have unique animation / animation speed
    - new event system - now events for between scenes!
    - new event - use teleport - so NPC can teleport you - good for magic teleports or anything
    - world objects has events - do you want to have teleports? do you want to have possibility when you enter new area that will spawn creature? solving this problem
    - spawn points - can spawn creatures according by frequency or some quest (or any event)

This is last time what price will be 75 dollars. New update will increase it to 80 dollars

This version was submited to asset store 10 minutes ago :)

41. Archania

Archania

Awesome. Nice improvements!

Same Link to download?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  42. RoyS

RoyS

Thank you for keeping on adding to this kit, Sleglik.

43. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

44. RGreulich

RGreulich

I have the same isue. Cannot find where the problem is.

WEnt back to using 1.41 as there are a bunch of bugs in 1.5

45. sleglik

sleglik

What bugs?

I don´t have time to fix it but during weekend I want to fix everything

46. RGreulich

RGreulich

Couple of things i noticed:
    1. Enemies hover and dont touch the ground
    2. Error when equiping the sword. The code errors when trying to play the equip sound. Equip works when the sound code is commented out
    3. Enemy name and health dont show anymore when it is targeted
    4. Area teleport does not work when walking in the area. Door teleport does work when activated.

Great kit otherwise. I didnt get a chance to test it more.

47. hike1

hike1

The teleport needs to have its destination put in, I have a door and an area going to scene 3, but I can't get back yet. Also
    can't equip the sword like in 1.41, I'll try commenting out the sound, I checked if sound file was present, thought it was. Anybody
    know why weather only works in scene 3 and how to slow it down? The rain strikes like lightning. |P

48. tharulas

tharulas

to fix the error when equipping the sword, you have to add following line into Start() function in Player.cs:

Code (csharp):
    1. sounds = new GeneralPlayerSounds();
    it should work now without errors.

49. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Has 1.5 been submitted to Unity Asset store as it is still showing 1.41 for me. I know I could search for the email and use the download link you sent me but I tend to prefer to update my assets via the Unity Store.

50. RGreulich

RGreulich

Sleglik, can you or someone else on this board put together a tutorial for equipping weapons? Like, in first person view, once the sword in the first scene is picked up, how to attach it to the player so you can see it on the side, similar to Skyrim. I know it can be don with Ubrin, but I want to use first person.