Search Unity

New RPG kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sleglik, Jul 2, 2011.

?

Are you willing pay extra money for support multiple scenes in RPG kit?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2014.
  1. No

110 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes (maximum 30 dollars)

92 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Hans

Hans

Hello
    in the read me say version 1.20

2. sleglik

sleglik

yeah sorry, if you launch the game version number should be correct, I will delete version number from that readme file... next time will be only in that in game menu

sorry for confusing

3. Archania

Archania

I just want to thank sleglik for all his help yesterday for helping me! His kit is very versatile and I can see where it is going which makes what I want to do very possible!
    The next step is to get/use poboczny to create a character before going into the main part of the game. So hope this works out! But we will see how it all integrates next weekend!
    Keep up the fantastic work sleglik!

4. sleglik

sleglik

5. sleglik

sleglik

New version 1.29!!!!

Contains:

- spell has default target character (easy ediation)
    - added displaying hp and mana bar
    - fixed spell shop deducting currency item
    - fixed displaying deleted records in editor
    - fixed editor reloading data
    - fixed editors error during creation
    - fixed projectile/spell projectile rigidbody attachment
    - refactoring give item (it was duplicate)
    - fixed inventory GUI - now displaying correctly
    - fixed spellbook not using styles
    - added validation XML - very important feature in editors

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Ywwh8kM6Y

This version will be ready for downloading in 24 hours MAX... probably sooner

6. hamzah

hamzah

could i have it for free?

7. sleglik

sleglik

Hamzah: No

New version is on FTP. You can download. In asset store will be next week.

8. RoyS

RoyS

Are you going to add in the ats Snow Suite?

Do you have Character Customization in the kit for Arteria or Ubrin or isn't there one?

9. sleglik

sleglik

So version 1.29 arrived to asset store! Be carefull I changed project to "Scripting" section.

Can I ask people who bought and they are happy with this kit to add me good rating? It will helps me and I will increase my effort when I am creating updates. June and July was really good month and I created three updates in this period. So more sales, more updates will everybody have.

Important note I will increase price by 5 dollars after 5 new versions. So you can be calm, now price is 70 dollars :). BTW right now this project has more than 15.000 lines of source code. Still this project is growing....

Roys: I am really not sure which character pack I should choose for support. I like more Steve´s characters but Poboczny doesn´t have mistakes. So support better characters with mistake or worse without mistakes??

It is hard decision :(.

----------------------------

Today I can promise that I will start sell my Action game kit with AI. I have also special offer for first 5 customers. You can have all three my kits for only $100. Three kits: RPG starter kit, Action game kit with AI, Basic terrain mapper. If you want to buy separately price is more than $200.

Starting price for AI kit itself will be $70. But this price will grow faster than RPG. I will also prepare package that will combine AI and RPG. So you will have one pack for creating whole game with powerfull AI.

10. poboczny

poboczny

Oh now why my character pack is worse pack ? :D

I have there some nice scripts, models and the pack will evolve :p
    Evolve with quality and quantity of armor/animation/weapon/textures pieces :p

Give me some explanation man :p :p :p

11. sleglik

sleglik

I like Steve´s texture quality. I didn´t say that your pack is BAD just worse. You have great second place. For example 3drt commoner pack is terrible.... I think still that you are worthy of the money..... right now I have regular job and cannot create my RPG game but probably I will buy your kit :)

12. poboczny

poboczny

Hehe ok I undesrand and I guess that you are right.
    I fixed to a really higher level the armor textures and
    need to fix the skin textures and normal maps as well
    for body models :) so there is a point in that, although
    I belive that I menaged to create a really specific art design
    which is quite unique ? ;) well.. its not for me to judge :p

13. Archania

Archania

Sleglik, what is next for the rpg kit for the next update?

14. poboczny

poboczny

Oh I have to tell Steve Im aiming here for the first place :p
    - and my next update will be a blast ( although I'm impressed by his work :) )

15. sleglik

sleglik

Now I want to fix small bugs again. Also add two minor features. Than I want to focus on tutorials. Lots of people ask me questions and I think good tutorial will save my time :).

16. Archania

Archania

Sounds like a good plan. Even though your pdf is a good start would be cool to have tutorials where you start from scratch and pull the scripts in and start from the beginning.
    Not sure if this is on your list for the next upgrade but would be good one to do - for the Enemy having them have an area of influence so when the player comes within, they start to attack and when the player runs outside of that , they go back to where they started from. Instead they just start running up to you and start attacking which really stops you from starting to place mobs in a scene or dungeon without them all starting to come after you.

17. sleglik

sleglik

Area of influence will be much later cause. This is typical example what I will add when I will combine AI kit with RPG kit.

18. Archania

Archania

Alright.. sounds cool. Looking forward to it.

19. Catacomber

Catacomber

Hi, I bought this last year in the asset store and am just getting around to starting a 3d game with it in Unity--was too busy making some 2d games in another editor to dive in. I really like this editor and am hoping to finish our new game with it---just having started, I have some minor questions and undoubtedly will have more.

In my first scene, I get a warning:

"Null Reference Exception: Object refernece not set to an instance of an object
    Player.changeMouseControl (Boolean enabled) (at Assets/Scripts/RPG/hero/Player.cs:183)
    Player.OnGUI() (at Assets/Scripts/RPG/Hero/Player.cs: 136)"

Is there a way to add a conditional that tests whether it's day or night so that for example an npc might appear only at night. : )

Is there a way to make the player evil if he/she wants to be?

(Not that I am but some players like to be. : ) ) I see a script for Reputation but it's empty.

Is there an alchemy system yet? : )

Is there a way to fix this? I looked and don't see where there's a way in the Inspector for me to affect this.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  20. sleglik

sleglik

1. this looks like error and not warning, do you have latest version? Have you updated project?

2. Reputation will be added next patch it can be used also for good or evil... it should be based on decisions on quests and conversation

3. Alchemy no

4. Spawning NPC in night should be easy but not supported now

21. Archania

Archania

Sleglik, when are you thinking for the update? Two weeks? Or tomorrow :)

22. sleglik

sleglik

Three weeks, minor version can be next week but version with Poboczny characters will take longer. I have job and I need to work.... this kit is not enough money for me.... more sales I can work on it for full time.

23. RoyS

RoyS

If you're definitely going with Poboczny's characters, then I will purchase his pack.

What job do you work regularly? Do you do programming for your work job?

24. sleglik

sleglik

Games for kids :). I like that job so I want to keep it. Income from Unity sales is small bonus to whole my income... I don´t think that this situation can change in close future.

Roy wait until new version will be prepared ok? I mean that buying kit...

25. Catacomber

Catacomber

Yes, I have the latest version downloaded from the Unity Asset Store and used in a test file--all brand new.

While am making a full-fledged game, I also test things in a test file and so that file has the latest version. Let me try it again in a different file.

Reputation would be a great addition and I can figure out how to use it for good and evil. : ) I agree that it should be based on decisions in quests and conversation but perhaps also it could be affected (up or down) if you rob a door or window of something you find there? : )

A sort of alchemy I could do in dialogue if the player brings an npc some items and then the npc "makes" the new potion or whatever. In fact, I've done this many times anyway, even having an alchemy system, and can see how this might be better than an alchemy system. It would support the story more. : )

I don't think it would be hard to add a condition that would test for IsNight() : ) Just guessing. Don't really know. This is one of the things players love to solve---finding that monster or npc that appears only at night--they find it more challenging than many switch puzzles and I love it. They have to find that one, tiny little piece of grass to step on so the monster appears nearby. Just a thought. : )

Looking forward to your updates. Thanks.

I have Poboczny's characters. : )

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  26. RoyS

RoyS

Good idea. Set up an alchemy station as a "character" and have it ask "What would you like to make?" and have a list of items it can take from you and give back.

27. sleglik

sleglik

About that Alchemy and character... this possibility is already in this kit :). You have action "Give item" and "Take item". It is everything what you need. There is only small problem with GUI it doesn´t support so long list of items. But it can do in many categories. If you want I can prepare short video how to prepare easy alchemy (or any craft) like this.

28. RoyS

RoyS

That would be great, Sleglik.

29. Catacomber

Catacomber

Yes, that would be wonderful. : ) For example, you find an ingredient, say, mistletoe, lying around or you get it from a plant. And then you find another, queensbreath say from another source or from a witch or other npc and then you give them both to an alchemist and you can buy a potion say Cure Green Blight. : ) That would be terrific.

30. RoyS

RoyS

At least 3 ingredients would be good.

31. Catacomber

Catacomber

Three ingredients would be great and one more slot for a wand or magic spellbook that might be needed if the alchemist needed something special to mix them up. : ) I could make two ingredients and the wand or spellbook work but my partner in quest-writing likes complicated quests. : ) She prefers five items if she can get them. And the players scratch their heads to find things but they love it. : )

And the Alchemist might want you to find a better mortar and pestle than she/he has -- so the more items the better. It would be good to know what the max items would be. : )

"There is only small problem with GUI it doesn´t support so long list of items. But it can do in many categories."

It would be good to know how to max this out. : )

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  32. Catacomber

Catacomber

Does it matter what size the inventory icons are? I'm making mine all 48 x 48.

33. sleglik

sleglik

You can have any icon size, you can easily change size of GUI button for icons.

-----------------------------------------------

Great news... I am preparing the biggest update in history of RPG starter kit. When it will be released I will increase price by 5 dollars.

I can promise you these updates:

huge changes in conversation - easier editation, new features
    general conversation - shared conversation topic for all npc

a lots of more minor features!

34. Archania

Archania

Awesome. How long till its ready for release?
    Looking forward to it.

35. sleglik

sleglik

At least 14 days... really sorry but I need time.

36. Archania

Archania

With all the changes that's great. Can't wait!

37. mrmarooca

mrmarooca

How long did this take to make?

38. sleglik

sleglik

Well first part of updates is done, this video is about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpkzQVDouX4

So new features completed:

- huge improvements in conversation editors
    - GUI fixes

What I did not mentioned in this video:

- Scene manager
    - Improved player settings (I will explain in new video)
    - Ubrin Poboczny hero equip - support for Poboczny character system

What is missing

- GUI tooltip
    - "public transport" (= like boat travel in Morrowind)
    - NPC Poboczny - Ubrin

Everything will be completed next week... so week after it will be in Asset store and yes price will increase to 75 dollars.

39. sleglik

sleglik

Actual build is in asset store....

I have really excellent news. Catacomber is helping me with updates of tutorials. So soon you will receive compelte PDF manual with all tutorials to all aspect of rpg kit. I think that it is my weak points lots of people don´t realise how powerfull tool it is :).

40. Archania

Archania

This is great new Sleglik! Looking forward to the new build and the new set of tutorials!

41. RoyS

RoyS

Will the Ubrin be able to work for NPCs as well? Like in Morrowind, I can put armour on the guards and place them in the game? Or robes on the mages and place them in the game?

42. sleglik

sleglik

New version prepared 1.41

Lots of changes

- support for Ubrin character for hero and NPC/Enemy
    - PlayerLauncher = easy kit enable
    - Scene editor - configuration for scene
    - Teleport - support for indoor
    - GUI tooltip - all items have tooltips including effects and conditions!
    - improving editors
    - minor bug fixing
    - faster load

Video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86woE8D4DR8&feature=youtu.be

Price will be 75 dollars.

If you look at my game concept in this topic: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/151382-My-RPG-game

There is Windows version and webplayer. There are many features there ARE NOT in RPG kit for example compass, xp bar etc.... if you want them I will make it as small paid addon.

43. Archania

Archania

Excellent can't wait to get working with it. Use the same link as before to download?

44. sleglik

sleglik

Yes of course :)

45. sleglik

sleglik

I started created my game and to this game I added a lots of features that they are not part of that RPG kit. If you are interested for these scripts let me know. Unfortunately these scripts will not be for free..

Features that are now as bonus

- new events
    - spawn points
    - compass
    - improved validation

etc....

46. Catacomber

Catacomber

I really like the compass--could you tell us what's in the "etc." : ) What else is in the package? What are the new events?

I would love it if you could include the possibility to have a separate GUI skin for the Main Menu and the Dialogues. Can you put such a package up through the asset store as it's easier for me at least to get it there or would that be too involved? Thanks.

And is 1.4.1 submitted to the asset store? : )

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  47. sleglik

sleglik

There is problem to put some "upgrade package" to asset store. I cannot do that. So I will probably some features put for free in RPG kit anyway :).

There is list of features

- compass
    - xp bar
    - new type of spell - damage on target without projectile
    - playing music during game and depends on indoor/ outdoor
    - playing sounds for quest start / end
    - effect when level up
    - event - display note (Player enters some area and note will pop up)
    - event - NPC teleport - NPC can teleport you
    - spawn points - spawn creature with some frequency
    - event spawn quest - direct call for spawn point to create some creatures
    - game cache storing data to reduce loading
    - NPC can live only with some conditions - if you need that NPC will be in several places in the world
    - reducing save/load positions size - improvements with saving
    - support for multiple GUI skin - I will send you this file
    - improved enemy movement controller - now apply gravity
    - GUI can compare two weapons or armor
    - improved GUI for conversation - support scrolling
    - improved GUI for character stats
    - world object can have events - you enter some aread and can occur any event - spawn creature, info display... etc...
    - support for blood effect when you hit enemy

Maybe it is more than this but I am not sure right now

48. sleglik

sleglik

There is problem to put some "upgrade package" to asset store. I cannot do that. So I will probably some features put for free in RPG kit anyway :).

There is list of features

- compass
    - xp bar
    - new type of spell - damage on target without projectile
    - playing music during game and depends on indoor/ outdoor
    - playing sounds for quest start / end
    - effect when level up
    - event - display note (Player enters some area and note will pop up)
    - event - NPC teleport - NPC can teleport you
    - spawn points - spawn creature with some frequency
    - event spawn creature - direct call for spawn point to create some creatures
    - game cache storing data to reduce loading
    - NPC can live only with some conditions - if you need that NPC will be in several places in the world
    - reducing save/load positions size - improvements with saving
    - support for multiple GUI skin - I will send you this file
    - improved enemy movement controller - now apply gravity
    - GUI can compare two weapons or armor
    - improved GUI for conversation - support scrolling
    - improved GUI for character stats
    - world object can have events - you enter some aread and can occur any event - spawn creature, info display... etc...
    - support for blood effect when you hit enemy

Maybe it is more than this but I am not sure right now

49. Catacomber

Catacomber

Very excited about these---maybe you could add at some time that certain world objects like a statue can teleport you. : )

Can't you just change the price for new buyers? I think you have a really nice package and the improvements you've made are worth some gold. : )

Thank you for all your work.

What I like best about your package is that it's really stable. And that counts a lot! I know there are always some bugs to fix -- but the overall stability of your product makes it a win win. : )

Please send me the file for multiple GUI skins. : ) I think it's a nice feature. I'm doing ok with yours but would like some flexibility.

Again, thank you for the stability of your product and all your efforts to help us make it work for us.

And not least for your excitement about making games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  50. sleglik

sleglik

Statue can teleport you? Already done.... WorldObject can be anything including statue... so with this kit you can use it... ah the greatest problem of my kit... you don´t understand how it works :)