Search Unity

New RPG kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sleglik, Jul 2, 2011.

?

Are you willing pay extra money for support multiple scenes in RPG kit?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2014.
  1. No

110 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes (maximum 30 dollars)

92 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. RayWolf

RayWolf

Any progress so far?

I really like the thinking of this RPG-Kit and the new RPG-Kit (comming soon..I still hope), feature-complete for building RPG..kinda skeleton. I dont need art-assets (Im digiartist by myself) and dont understand why it must be in category 'complete projects' with the new standart-talk form unity asset store lady/guy. Maybe switch category to 'Scripting' and release the damn thing!^^ Or have they newer standarts there as well? Maybe they should check ALL the Products in the store again...we would wonder how few could even match any form of standart.

Anyway, I would love to support You by buying a new RPG Kit version. It also gives me Ideas how to solve some things in my own projects.

regards,
    Ray

2. franbon2005

franbon2005

I have the same mind for the Rpg kit and i am waiting @Sleglik for the next update of the project !!

I work with Blender and i will create a women with 5 to 10 set of armors and weapons...(hard work !!)

I have made the 5 for the moment .. i am waiting the new RPG lit version too !!

Francois

3. RoyS

RoyS

Placeholders are fine with me as well. They will take up less file space as well when we download it. I've seen FPS kits with placeholders and no textures.

What is the new update of the Kit going to include?

4. RoyS

RoyS

What is the new update of the Kit going to include? I don't remember when I received the last update to the kit.

5. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I don't understand why RPG Kit needs new art assets. I agree with others maybe you are in the wrong category. I am also digital artist myself so I don't see why you need to include complete art asset into RPG Kit when placeholder art would be fine. I am pretty sure nobody is going to use those art asset anyway (everyone's game is different plus it is unprofessional to use stock art asset in a shipping game) because we will all be using our own art. If you start including art asset then 'some' people will start (expecting) complaining its not enough!

And I also agree with others that this project is becoming unmanagable - its 250 mb+ (and probably expected to grow with new art assets) to update every time. I am hoping if you can just put it back to just place holder art with emphasis on minimizing the package size as small as possible to download (maybe 10 mb of less!). I think everyone really just want the code, the structure, the art is unimportant because we will all be using our own so really the art is superfluous in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  6. casimirsblake

casimirsblake

At this point, if Sleglik is indeed about to update the kit with first person hands / weapons views (animated, hopefully, also I'm hoping the logic for animating enemies and NPCs will find its way in), that's the one last thing that I'm missing. I'll be grateful if it happens!

7. RoyS

RoyS

I thought the update was going to include Steve's character pack settings for changing clothing if you have that pack.

8. sleglik

sleglik

Tomorrow I will send you version with armor equip. It will be for Arteria character but I will write manual how to apply to different character set. Unfortunately I don´t have any other 3d models so I cannot test it.

For customers who has advanced kit I am offering help to apply my scripts to their characters! Just send me an email and I will try to help you.

The only problem is attaching weapon. I really can´t solve it. So right now is only armor.

9. casimirsblake

casimirsblake

See, I know the theory, but actually trying to put the code together leaves me frustrated.

But, I remember that in Petey's BZA RPG example, he took the GameObject of the weapon and instantiated a copy of it in a "mount point". A null / zero / invisible gameobject that is parented to a hand. A similar system would work fine for both armour parts, weapons, shields etc. (By which I mean, have mount points throughout the body that mark where the gameobjects are instantiated.)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  10. sleglik

sleglik

True I will look on this tutorial how it is working.

Still tomorrow will be only armour and some tutorial for it.

11. sleglik

sleglik

I send link to customers who bought advanced version. Who DID NOT receive send me PM or email. I don´t have complete list of customers of advanced kit.

BTW wait about 30 minutes to upload.

12. casimirsblake

casimirsblake

Has anyone here managed to create a simple script to instantiate the equipped weapon on-screen?

I cannot seem to get a reply from Sleglik, and I'm at my wits end trying to work out how to create a basic, simple, "weapon HUD" so that it's possible to actually see the weapon one has equipped in the RPG kit, on screen.

I understand how Petey is doing it in his BZA articles, but I just cannot fathom how to add that to the RPG kit.

If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it. It is completely halting my game development.

13. imrod2

imrod2

hi, one simple question

i have the version 1.22, this is the newest?

thnx, sorry for my english, is very poor :(

14. poboczny

poboczny

Hey Sleglik, sorry for my own commercial here,
    but weve talked some time ago,
    and my characters are almost ready :):):)

I'm planning to send them tomorrow to the Unity Asset Store
    (so in a few days they should be on) :):):)

As for today I can present few new banners of what the pack will contain:

*movie will come today later on or tomorrow :)

15. sleglik

sleglik

New update for RPG kit explained in this video

http://youtu.be/3qHgWjB4s68

EDIT: You can download from the same position as usual. Same password ;)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  16. poboczny

poboczny

Heya !

I have a question of free updates for ppl who bought it. How did you resolved that, do you see an email of everyone who buys a pack ?
    I saw you comment in the asset store to write you about the patches ? or free updates ? How is that working ?

17. sleglik

sleglik

When new version will arive to asset store you can upgrade that pack. If you will buy it directly you will just download again from same location :)

18. poboczny

poboczny

Upgrade for free ? is there such option on asset store for users and buyers ?
    And buy it direclt from your page right ? so than you write
    down the emails and send a link somewhere on the net ? :)

19. sleglik

sleglik

You are selling still one project but when you will send new version it is "upgrade" for previous customers.

20. poboczny

poboczny

oh ok thats great they thought about it :)

21. sleglik

sleglik

I am preparing new big update for RPG kit! This will make work with that kit much easier. I am working on huge improvements all editors. It will be much easier to use and you will not make so many mistakes.

During thursday I will prepare some screenshots and maybe video :). I hope that this week this update will be finished. I want to thanks all customer who bought this kit.

I am also preparing one new kit and I think that it can be really interesting. Well main reason will be price :). Imagine FPS kit with AI. So I will sell small action game where you will add only models, levels and thats all. No other scripting! It will work for Unity free.

22. RoyS

RoyS

I am looking forward to your update, Sleglik. I'm also interested in your FPS kit, too as I've wanted to do a few shooters as well.

23. sleglik

sleglik

So new version 1.25 is almost prepared . This update is focused on editors and improve them :).

- all editors are now together!
    - finally alphabetical order of items
    - every item you can search by name and ID
    - added enums to easy manipulate not int fields
    - much easier to add new conditions

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFc1mh7KKTs

24. sleglik

sleglik

So I am uploading this version to asset store. Should be accepted without problems. Than you can upgrade.

Any idea for new version? I was thinking about few GUI imporvents like weapon, armor compare equiped / inventory. GUI tooltip... anyone interested?

25. RoyS

RoyS

+1

26. sleglik

sleglik

Asset store submision delayed as usual. Please believe that it is not my mistake.

BTW I will add that AI from FPS kit also to this RPG kit. But it will be only for advanced version.

27. Hans

Hans

great work Sleglik.

Yes gui improvements, when will the advanced version be ready?

28. IGIS - Jon

IGIS - Jon

IGIS - Basic Inventory could probably be rolled into it pretty easy =) It's up on the asset store.

29. sleglik

sleglik

I cannot promise you when it will be finished. But now I am in the situation that I am working at least 10 hours per week on RPG kit. I will increase price to 70 dollars and for long time it will be stable.

BTW just information first version has 130 kb of scripts and now it is more than 300 kb :).

30. cynel

cynel

is it possible to implement a turned based battle system

31. sleglik

sleglik

Sorry this feature will not be in my kit....

One important question for you: Will be problem if I will delete all graphic assets to neccessary minimum? The main reason of this kit are scripts it is value of it not that models. So I will delete it and also size will be smaller and for me easier to distribute....

BTW today I will prepare new video how to upgrade and about guilds

32. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Yes, no problem at all. I think this is what this RPG Kit should be all about - the scripts and programming. The smaller the better. Make this kit compact, easy to use (easy to modify, easy to read) is what you should be aiming.

33. Boss

Boss

Nice.

34. sleglik

sleglik

35. imrod2

imrod2

edit: in my version, 1.20, the arrows cure to enemy :(

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  36. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

37. drewradley

drewradley

If you have any emails from Sleglik with the download, it's the same link and password.

38. sleglik

sleglik

I submited again the latest version

New planned features

- quest can have different endings

- easier creation long conversation

- new combat system for 3rd player controller

I am working on that FPS kit with strong AI. If you are interested about new AI let me know. I will start new topic. Primary goal of that AI lots of possibilites (behaviours), VERY easy to configure, clean code. This AI will be aslo added to RPG kit as some addon if somebody will want it.

FPS kit main features first version

- basic shooting
    - patroling
    - searching enemy
    - team fights
    - priority system (user can choose what is primary goal for current bot)

39. Clark990

Clark990

Nice features! I m interested in your FPS as I wanted to do a few shooters as well.

40. RoyS

RoyS

+1

41. sleglik

sleglik

42. cynel

cynel

so i would have to make a turned based battle system by scratch

43. sleglik

sleglik

You can buy the kit from other guy. It costs 200$ but it has turned based style.

44. cynel

cynel

damn yours is cheaper but i shouldn't be picky

45. sleglik

sleglik

I know really sorry but turn based style... I have so many work to do now. Mainly focusing that AI. For example you will not need my AI at all :eek:). You are not good customer at all :D

46. sleglik

sleglik

New version 1.28

I submited today to asset store and is also available for downloading

What´s new?

- fixing erros in editors
    - added possibility that quest has several endning
    - improved action for it
    - improved condition for possible ending

Also new video for beginner how to add item to the scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4eRsXh_Bo&feature=youtu.be

47. poboczny

poboczny

Hey hey I finally Made it ! :)

Ubrin - character costumization for RPG

or you already have the system ? :p

If not I have many scripts we can work on as a support
    if you are interested - I have them in C or Java so
    only few things should be to change :)

Ah finally got onto the Asset Store Sleglik ! :)

And the pack will evolve on this weekend :)

48. Archania

Archania

I'm going to need a side job to afford these assets!
    Will defiantly see about getting your system Poboczny.
    Sleglik... Awesome. The little I watched of the video, looks like it will answer a bunch of stuff. Looking forward to playing with it tonight :).

49. Hans

Hans

Hello sleglik

i have tried the d/l link but doesn't work for the new version 1.28

50. sleglik

sleglik

Hello,

try again, for me it is working. If you have problem just send me an email.