Search Unity

New Royalty Free Music Packs Available! Very unique and Usable! Listen to the Demos!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ToddNelson, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ToddNelson

ToddNelson

Hi,

My name is Todd Nelson and I have been into music for 20 years now. I have worked in all different genres. I specialize in Rock, Electronic, Ambience, and Classical. I have recently uploaded a few music packs which are categorized by video game genre.

Please listen to the demos and enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/todd-nelson

- Side Scrolling Shooter

- Puzzle

- RPG / Adventure

- Sci Fi RPG / Adventure

- Platform

To purchase, simply search the asset store for "music" and you will see the "Music by Todd Nelson" packs. Thank you for your business!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Heya,

I don't have access to the asset store right now, so can't asset the value, but the tracks are pretty decent. It's a good start for you and I look forward to seeing more.

Here's my feedback, FWIW -

1) try to avoid really odd instrument/effect choices. The moment your track/song/snippet goes all wierd, you exclude 90% of your potential audience. Sure, there's that 10% that could make use of that really funky, freaky instrument, but for me, it's hard to imagine games where such an odd track would 'feel' right. A simple selection of instruments (piano, flute, bass, guitar, drums, etc) without crazy attack/gain effects can usually fit into most apps. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look at the 1st segment of 'platform game music', the 2nd segment of concentration pack, and a few others.

2) Remember that your music is supposed to be the 'background' or 'mood' of the game, not the primary focus. For me, I prefer tracks that are less 'intense' and not trying to super-grab your attention. Rather, they are something that adds to the interest level of the game by creating background mood. It's OK to go wild for maybe a menu intro jingle or winning-the-game screens. For the future, when you make new tracks, try to tone them down a LOT. Let the game take the lead and your music provide a slight bit of interest. Doing so should also make it much easier to create long-tracks and make them more appealing to customer's, like me.

Good luck.
    Gigiwoo.

3. Rust E

Rust E

However, I have seen many games that was carried by a powerful sound score!