Search Unity

[New Release] AiMalgam - A generic AI system for any game genre

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NikodemGrz, Jun 3, 2022.

1. NikodemGrz

NikodemGrz

Asset Store Link
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/aimalgam-218556

Introduction Video

After 1 year of hard work on my thesis about AI patterns and this AI system itself, I have finally released the generic AI system - AiMalgam!
    This thesis and the AI pack was introduced while I was working on a game project, wondering why I needed to traverse the decision trees each time I wanted to execute a (simple) action while testing some other AI packs.

Classic AI patterns, such as behavior and decision trees usually force you to traverse the entire decision tree to execute (simple) actions...
    This is a huge waste of performance, since many actions like entity spotting or movement can in theory run independently.

AiMalgam solves those issues by separating the decision-making process from action execution, while also providing support for event driven implementations!

With AiMalgam you can create custom AI logic for any game genre for AAA or smaller game titles that can run on any device supported by Unity.

Though this AI system does provide you the tools to create AI for any game type, it does not mean that it already contains those AI implementations, since there are potentially infinite AI behaviors! You can take a look at the demo section to see what AI behavior can be made and beyond that as well!

Checkout the video tutorial series and the documentation!

Features:
    • Building AI behavior with the graph editor
    • Debugging AI at runtime with the graph editor
    • Generating new custom AI scripts (node settings, Monos, AI logic, etc.)
    • Management of your AI settings
    • Event driven architectures for decision-making
    • A well documented API and manual
    • Video tutorials
    • Demo AI behavior implementations
    • Supports any game genre
    • Supports any creature AI (humanoids, insects, fish, stationary objects, etc.)
    • Compatible with 2D and 3D environments
    • Compatible with any render pipeline
    • Can run on any OS
    • Supports Unity 2019.4 and ongoing
    • Uses custom property drawers

AI Demos (3D only):
    • A simple "Red Light Green Light" scene, similar to "Squid Game"
    • Hide and Seek example
    • Small Tower Defense setup
    • Close and distance-based Combat AI
    • Swing, get hit and Block melee attacks AI
    • Example Conditions and Monos
    • Spotting AI
    • Animation AI
    • Follow AI
    • Flee AI

I appreciate any feedback for this asset pack to improve it further!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  2. NikodemGrz

NikodemGrz

AiMalgam version 1.1.1 has now been released, including some Demo animation fixes and now also displaying the required Descriptors of an AI graph.

Displaying the required Descriptors for special Conditions of a graph in the Decision System MonoBehaviour:

Descriptor.PNG

Displaying the required Descriptors for special Conditions in the graph's side panel:

DescriptorInGraph.PNG

3. Setmaster

Setmaster

If you are still working on this please make a discord.

4. NikodemGrz

NikodemGrz

Hi, until now the user base is not big enough for a discord server, but I can set it up this month for the future anyways.
    In the meantime, feel free to write me a mail or post your questions/ remarks here if there are any.
    BR
    Niko

5. NikodemGrz

NikodemGrz

Hi again, I created a discord server which will be displayed on the asset store pages, once Unity has made (and accepted) the reviews.

Here is the invite link:
    https://discord.gg/qPnaTNsd

Since this server is newly created, it might experience some restructuring over time...