Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW REFLECT VIEWER BUG

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by unity_aica01, Mar 12, 2021.

1. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi!
    I´m working on the new reflect viewer to customize it. I wanted to make an Android apk with the viewer but its being a bit difficult:

1st: Any time that I make the platform switch it doesn´t take more of two times entering play mode for the editor to stop respoding and forcing me to close it from the task administrator and losing all the work I had untill the moment.

2nd: The secene still being absolutely dark (I deactivated the Forward Renderer HQ ambient oclussion as you suggested, but nothing changes).

3rd: I want to disable all the part that you have to sign it, and choose a project from the cloud or local or whatever without affecting the rest of the project. (we just wnat to get one model into the scene from the editor and launch an executable app with only that model).
    Regards.

2. PortcoastDT

PortcoastDT

I also have the same problems as you!

unity_aica01 likes this.
  3. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Here you can see Custom Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (ForwardRenderer HQ) and the scene its completely black

Attached Files:

4. chafik_unity

chafik_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @unity_aica01,

Let me try to answer your questions!

Reflect is using a lot of tasks in the background. If you're using custom code make sure to call any Dispose method so everything is closed properly. The most important ones are the ReflectClient, the ProjectLister and the
    ReflectPipeline that requires to be properly closed before exiting playmode. If you think that the bug is in our code then please report the issue with repro steps if possible.

Since you're on Android, Reflect probably uses Medium or Low quality. Make sure to disable the Custom Screen Space Ambient Occlusion in ForwardRenderer-LQ and ForwardRenderer-HQ too. Please note that newer versions of Reflect that support Unity 2020.3 and higher will not have this issue anymore.

It's currently possible to do so right now but an advanced understanding of how Reflect works is required. The current way to do it is to have cached data of the Reflect model put inside the StreamingAssets folder and use a custom ISyncModelProvider. You can check the Reflect samples available from the Package Manager. To remove the sign-in, you can start by removing the Login Manager GameObject in the Reflect Scene and fix the errors along the way.
    Please note that we're currently working on making this whole process a lot easier to implement so stay tuned! :)

unity_aica01 likes this.
  5. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Thank you so much for yout time and for such a good response.
    I will try my best to get a better understanding of the new reflect version and take the customization to the level I want.
    I will keep tuned for more updates!

6. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Also want to know if the Reflec extensions package still working with new reflect releases?

7. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi @chafik_unity !
    Most of the problems are solved now but only one still going. Any time that i enter play mode to test what I´m doing the Unity editor stops responding, and make sme stop it from the task manager and restarting again

8. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi @chafik_unity :
    During the past week i have been reading about all the reflect workflow and process to improve my understanding of the new viewer. Then I started looking for the StreamingAssets folder (theres no folder with that name) and neither a ISyncModelProvider script to take as starting point to make a custom ISyncModelProvider as you suggested.

9. GSingland

GSingland

Unity Technologies

Hi @unity_aica01 !

The StreamingAssets folder is not provided by default in the Reflect viewer, but it's rather a folder that Unity recognizes and treats differently if you create one in your project's Assets folder. See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/StreamingAssets.html for more information on that front ; but in a few words it's a way to force Unity to store files directly into the target device's filesystem instead of including them directly in the built project.

As for ISyncModelProvider, it is an interface that we define in our Reflect package, you can find it in `com.unity.reflect/Pipeline/Runtime/Sync/Base/BaseClient.cs`.
    The default Reflect implementation of this interface is ReflectClient (`com.unity.reflect/Pipeline/Runtime/Sync/ReflectClient.cs`), which delegates the work of fetching manifests and models to the Reflect sync server. In your case, you'd want to replace it with another implementation that fetches manifests and models out of the files in your StreamingAssets folder.

EDIT : See Reflect 2.0 questions for more details.

Hope that helps ! :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    unity_aica01 likes this.