Search Unity

New Reflect Version causing problems

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by unity_aica01, Jun 15, 2021.

1. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi everyone:
    Im wondering if any one is expriencing the same issues as I do:

- Whenever I am opening a reflect project or creating a new one the editor stops responding and if it opens the project I have to wait like half an hour or so to just enter the editor then it will continue not responding for short times
    - When I finally open the project its appear hundreds of errors of content that should not have any error because i did not touch those parts.

As you can figure out I can´t lose half an hour or more every time i need to open or restart unity

I dont know what is going on but it makes developing in unity so slow and frustating.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. christian_boutin

christian_boutin

Unity Technologies

Do you have the logs of the errors you're getting? When you say you're using the New Reflect Version, do you mean you're starting from the public repository or just the package? Thanks!

3. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi! I will post a few captures of the errors. I started with the public repo. But i dont remember if previously I installed the package log1.png log2.png log3.png

4. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Also when I made some changes on the scripts it stops repsonding and never actualize them. Idk why but I cant loose like half an hour (and do not even reimport anything) for nothing as you can guess...

5. christian_boutin

christian_boutin

Unity Technologies

From the warning messages I read I think you have cloned the public repo inside an existing Unity project that you have. (would explain a path such as Assets/ReflectViewer/Assets) The public repo is its own Unity project and contains a complete Viewer. If you want to use it you should clone it in an empty folder and open it in Unity. Alternatively, you can start with a blank project and only use the package to use the Reflect API and samples.