Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New RaceCraft Model

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nickavv, Nov 12, 2007.

1. nickavv

nickavv

I'm restarting RaceCraft with a more professional approach. All of Targos' stuff will stay, due to its high quality nature. However, I'm redoing the entire project from ground-up elsewise. I'll probably use some of my old code, but thats about it. And for a start, here's a new model for the RaceCraft itself!

A windshield? You mean the pilot can actually see now?!

2. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Models that looks like a combination of basic shapes never look good, try deforming it a little or combine more basic shapes to hide them from the viewer, like adding little cubes around the turbines, or extruding some faces..

.ORG

3. nickavv

nickavv

Yeah, except that it doesn't really look like that. Look at how detailed that propellers and their housing are. Maybe you can't see it from here. And the windshield is nothing like a primitive.

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

If I may ask: then why have you bothered to post this? Why not post an image that shows what it actually looks like? Or at least say "the bodywork and engine housings are temporary". You're the one that said "here's a new model for the RaceCraft itself!" ;) :p

I can see all that and that's why the main craft body and propeller housings look so out of place (to me).

I'll reserve any comment until you post an image of "the real deal" as that doesn't seem to be what you've shared so far. :)

5. nickavv

nickavv

<.< Well, I meant that I don't personally see any simple shapes, aside from the cone and how the housing of the propellers sort of still look like cylinders.

Uh, I was pretty much finished aside from texturing. Unity makes all models look better, so I'll put on some textures and show you it in Unity. :p The main point was to show off how much better it was than the OLD RaceCraft model (which I unfortunately don't have any pictures of except for my avatar). Uhh, so yeah, I'll fix some stuff. You'll see!

:p

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Coolio then... carry on!

7. shaun

shaun