Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New Project 2019.b5 Errors

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Soaryn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Soaryn

Soaryn

I tried loading a new 2019.2a7 project and wound up having rendering issues that were seemingly unsolveable. I then downgraded to 2019.1b5; however, this had its own issues:

First SRGB bug that spams the log due to something erroneous in the Post Processing V2 stack forced the game into a paused state. So, I decided to attempt to update to the latest HDPR to utilize the newer Post Processing, but then was met with a new error when ever any changes were made to the scene. error2.png
    "FoliageDiffuesion Profile.asset" was the first of many resource files that would appear to have this problem.
    I then also had to delete all of the existing Post processing items (camera layer, volume) from the scene and reimport. After waiting on it to finish importing, I could finally hit play and see the base scene. But again, anytime I would make a change, the "Moving file failed" error dialogue would pop up.

Finally after finishing playing, "Refresh case sensitivity failure. Asset: Assets/Scenes/samplescene ; Metafile: Assets/Scenes/samplescene.meta" came up which theoretically is fixed in 2019.2a7.

Files that attempted to move (for some reason), but failed:
    • Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipelineResources/Skin Diffusion Profile.asset
    • Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipelineResources/Foliage Diffusion Profile.asset
    It attempts each file twice with a different TempFile id.

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

What template did you use to create your project? Did you use the HDRP one before upgrading to 5.6.1?
    You mentioned you tried 2019.2a7, did you create your project in 2019.2 and then opened it in 2019.1? that would create a lot of issues.

3. Soaryn

Soaryn

I created new projects for both via the hub. Both of which I chose HDRP preview as the template

4. Soaryn

Soaryn

Update: This also happens in a new project with the 3D template chosen and HDRP 6.4.0 preview is added after the fact.