Search Unity

Official New pricing and updates: Unity Pro, Enterprise, and Industrial Collection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Sep 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

unity.png

Starting October 13, we’re changing our pricing for Unity Pro, Unity Enterprise, and Unity Industrial Collection, our first price change in almost three years. This announcement will not affect Unity Personal or Unity Plus plans.

Read our blog post for the details. There, you’ll find an overview of the different pricing, period of change, and updates to Unity Pro and Enterprise, as well as FAQs. If you have any questions about these changes, please let us know here in this thread so we can address them.

AlanMattano likes this.
  2. Metron

Metron

Hi,

I'm currently on a $125 per seat rate... How's that gonna change?

3. spacefrog

spacefrog

I have a special pro license agreement because i was a Unity pro license early adopter and commited to the pro license right after the change to a subscription model. At this time, those early supporters and pro licensees where given a special deal for 10 yrs of pro license at that special price.( at least my deal was for 10yrs)

As 10 yrs certainly have not passed ( i think the offer started 2017 ), of course i expect this agreement being maintained by unity and valid according to the terms . Just in case, i have everything in written and screenshots, including the famous "To our longtime customers" email

EDIT: according to the FAQ, special deals should be maintained, but the FAQ talks about a special agreements with an "Acount manager", of course i do not have such a person,

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @Metron,

To quote from the FAQs:

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @spacefrog,

Yes, existing agreements will be honored until the agreement terms expire. To get clarity about your specific case, please reach out to our customer support team.

spacefrog and KindredKara like this.
  6. raybarrera-aofl

raybarrera-aofl

At which price tier do we get a stable LTS?

Dennis_eA, G_Trex, mgear and 12 others like this.
  7. Jamesgf_4322hn

Jamesgf_4322hn

I think the stable version is still waiting for a long time!

8. altepTest

altepTest

this is almost funny, bleeding subscriptions accounts, increase the pressure on those remaining. Wouldn't this just increase the bleeding? What can you expect from a CEO that defined, publicly, that unity developers are "Stupid"

9. Trekking52hz

Trekking52hz

thank you

10. Metron

Metron

Actually, I think the bleeding might be quite big. We normally do VR contract work for customers using Unity. We've switched all new projects to Unreal and kept the Unity licences for maintenance reasons.

Due to the price increase, I recently ditched all but one licences. This shifted the total number of licences from 5 or 6 down to 1 in my case.

MightyAnubis likes this.
  11. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

We do porting services and it's hard not to notice a shift towards Unreal in our inbox.

But since these are games that often started development a while ago this shift started long before the current chain of events.

12. altepTest

altepTest

It make sense, starting with 2020 unity starting promising stuff that ended in most cases as half baked features that were somewhat what unity promised but not quite what people expected. Then major bugs that were, and still are, ignored by unity devs, again from 2020 till now.

Top this with the war google and apple acted upon third party advert providers, with the excuse of user privacy. No innocents here, everyone. unity and google and apple cannibalize on user data as everyone else. But now unity are cut out because, hey, google and apple are protecting their users.

So you need money to invest in raising unity to the same quality that unreal has now. Which unreal provides for "free". And you work inside a very hostile market. You also don't have the money that unreal invested to fight (and win) against big giants like apple.

Top all above with the CEO they have now.

How do you get out of this hole?

13. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Hm. Interesting to read.
    i just a small Dev, using Personal Licence, and i am this time, not a Subscriber to any "Pro". Depents on: i work on my first release and this can change this Situation

but i think, you did a great Point:
    Adventage, and Licencing here.

in the Past, Unity did change the Licences for "Console Releases". Makes in this Case impossible for me, to release on a Plattform like XBox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch.
    This choices, are - gone -

Reason:
    there is a lot Work inside a Project, if it s a serious one. After Years you spend day by day, lot of assets you spend Money in, you first need - TO GET SOME MONEY FROM YOUR WORK - and after this, you can pay again.
    This is lost in the Cases of Consoles.

Was a very bad Licence Change in my Eyes. So truly: for my Project, ppl will wait senceless, for XBox, Playstation or Consoles. i just focus PC now.

the next is: as i start Unity, i start it because Unreal Licences was worst in this Times.
    Unity, did have the better LIcence Model.

And last year they change.
    unreal change to.

So: until today, we got the really better Licence Model in Unreal, than in Unity.
    And Unity now ?

Now, Unity will growth up the Prices more.
    This is the complete difference to this, i wrote the Support months ago: that this licencing, is not really
    a good Idea.

by the Side:
    unity also drives a URP, a HDRP, a Scriptable Pipeline,
    Why ?
    We can have one, and work with.
    Who want to learn 3 Render Pipelines, 3 Schader Systems, 3e Particle Systems?`

Why, do the Things more expensive then they was ?
    a lot of Unity Friends, change to Unreal, there is nothing to wonder about.
    and for real:

This, is a Heading completly in the wrong Signal i think.
    so @ unity Devs:

i do not thing this is a good Idea.
    but: i also dont think, my Voice count anything.
    but: the Signal is not nice.

14. svenneve

svenneve

I'm so confused about this price increase.

No where on the new pricing page is a price mentioned in euros, just dollars.

The subscription management dashboard for our company subscriptions mention that our current plan is set to autorenewal, costing 115 euros per seat per month, it is said to auto renew at november 8 for again, 115 euros per seat per month (not sure this was from some deal we made in the past or anything.)

On the same subscription and services page next to the manage subscription tab is a another tab called 'save with annual plan', clicking on that mentions The price for Unity Pro will be increasing. To lock in the current price, switch to an annual plan before October 13, 2022, 13:00 UTC. If no action is taken, you will keep your month-to-month plan at the new price after this time.
    This shows the price of 'locking' in subscriptions for 138 euros per seat per month, but what are these related to? Our subscriptions? Also, what is the price without this 'locking' in pricing???

And the unity subscriptions store site mentions the pricing is 138 euro per seat/month (https://store.unity.com/?currency=EUR), are these the old prices? new prices? 'locked in' prices?

I have no idea what our new pricing is going to be, no idea our old pricing is staying, no idea what it will be if i do nothing and let it auto renew.

Why is communication from Unity always such a massive incoherent clusterfuck...every..F***ing...time...

15. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Didn't know seeing prices in Euros is even an option. When I log in, euros magically become dollars even though my region settings are correct. Perhaps they don't support smaller EU countries well.

16. svenneve

svenneve

So, trying to contact anyone at unity we had previously had email contact with regarding our subscriptions...none of the emails are still registered at unity...great

I have no idea how to contact anyone at this company now on any questions regarding our subscriptions.

What on earth is going on at Unity?

17. altepTest

altepTest

probably all those people had been fired this summer. just use that support link posted above. what did you expect, paying for subscription AND get direct support from unity :D :D :D :D

18. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey hey! Please reach out to our Customer Support team, and they'll get you in touch with the right people.

19. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Wanted to also follow-up on the confusion on the pricing. To clarify, where are you seeing the misleading pop-ups and pricing? Can you link me?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  20. altepTest

altepTest

https://store.unity.com/front-page?currency=EUR

is just me or with this increase in cost you have removed the direct Technical support from an unity dev? I see that as optional which means more money to be thrown at.

Can someone that paid this for years can confirm if the stuff listed under optional was optional with additional payment also in the past or they have removed those perks now?

21. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unity premium support was never included in Unity Pro. Are you thinking of something else?

22. altepTest

altepTest

then it was my own wrong impression.

23. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

To build on and hope clarify this, Pro Users have been able to purchase a Success Plan for access to Technical Support. Enterprise has access to Technical Support included.

No new changes here, nothing being taken away that was included before. :)

24. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

You guys should really start looking into adding an own payment solution into the unity services.
    Like google play, apple appstore etc. have, where they take 15-30% of each in app purchase sale.
    There are a lot of markets opening up wit XR ( vr and ar) where there is no payment solution and they are not going through such stores ( in our case healthcare vr app). We would love to see an out of the box solution to sell inapp content while benefiting the company unity, our app does not go through any store and there is no inapp purchase solution we can use thrid party like xsolls etc. This could be such a revenue opportunity for unity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.