Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New post-processing stack affects screen-space UI in scene view

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Tomer-Barkan, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Tomer-Barkan

Tomer-Barkan

In game view it works fine, the post-processing only affects the main camera, and not the screen-space UI. But in scene view the entire UI is affected by bloom and other PP effects. This makes it very hard to work on the UI.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The only option is to disable the main camera but that means I have to enable/disable it every time I run the game... I submitted a bug in the meantime.

upload_2019-3-8_11-6-56.png

coding_crow, Ultroman and Ziflin like this.
  2. Cascho01

Cascho01

You could also disable posteffects for the sceneview by disabling them in the little menue next to the sound icon.

Tomer-Barkan likes this.
  3. Tomer-Barkan

Tomer-Barkan

Thanks, that's helpful.

It would still be nice though if this was fixed, since I do want to see PP effects on the game objects but not on the UI, as it's supposed to be and as it will look in the player.

Cascho01 likes this.
  4. Ziflin

Ziflin

Just ran into this as well and it's a pretty annoying as the scene view looks very different than the Game view. The only other "solution" I found for a 2D-only scene (our loading scene) was to add a global Volume component in the scene and override all settings which is a pain as it's easy to miss a setting that could alter the look of the UI.