Search Unity

Official New Performance Reporting Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by johng_unity, Mar 23, 2018.

1. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

In 2018.3, we'll be adding support for "Custom Metadata" to be sent along with exceptions and crashes, which should meet the needs of the scenario you are describing. Docs for 2018.3 should be available soon. Will send an update when they are. Note: you'll have to be using 2018.3 to take advantage of this feature.

2. Syganek

Syganek

Hi

Is it possible to search for problems using their PID? I can't find this option in filter dropdown, and this would be very useful.

3. infosekr

infosekr

The field for Device Model values is not wide enough to read all the text so I cannot select devices correctly. It's also not alphabetically sorted making it hard to find devices.

I often have people reporting crashes but I cannot find their devices listed in this drop down. Are there crashes not getting through, is there anything I'm missing to ensure every crash is reported?

4. RoboM

RoboM

I've encountered a problem - there is no link to click on in one of the rows on the list upload_2018-10-9_11-50-24.png

5. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi --- just to clarify -- are you referring to Problem ID? If you take the string on the summary page (i.e. something like "55acbaaa") and do a Keyword search, it won't work. However, if you take the full Problem ID (i.e. something like "55acbaaaaff6926504fa7a9c4eff75d9") from the URL (you can get this when you click on a specific Problem), you can use that in the Keyword search and it should work. Separately, since the Problem IDs don't change, you could bookmark them.

Let us know a little bit more about your workflow and we might be able to have a better solution for you.

6. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

For the Device Model issue you described above, we're looking into it.

For the issue of people reporting crashes but them not getting through could you send an email to perfsupport@unity3d.com with your project ID describing the issue? Thanks.

7. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

We are looking into this issue.

8. sknox

sknox

I am trying to filter my performance reporting by its Script Defines. Based on the script defines, i build a different app running off of the same code base. I want to be able to filter my performance reporting by the app.

How can I add some sort of custom tag/keyword/marker to a build? I am fine with this being done during runtime, compile time, in the dashboard settings, anywhere. I just cannot figure out how.

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/164594

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

While still in beta, I think the new custom metadata feature that is new in the 2018.3 beta should your meet your needs. See more details in this recent blog post in the "What's new" section:

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/10/15/whats-new-in-performance-reporting/

10. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

I am using unity Dashboard Report every day
    Today it seem to be broken - "Select Field" does not work - nothing drop downs (usually lots of parameters there)

Attached Files:

11. Mishaps

Mishaps

Filtering seems to be broken since this morning. I can't select any fields like "App Version" etc. It just says "No fields found" in red next to where you normally select them for all my apps.

12. Mishaps

Mishaps

nice to know I'm not the only one haha

13. pertz

pertz

Same here. Problem started this morning, up until 9h ago or so it was working fine.

14. pertz

pertz

In fact the Report page is not working overall, it's not only about the filter. Sometimes it gives me an error message saying I dont have access to the exceptions ("see our store for purchasing"), sometimes it loads fine, when I click on an exception it most of the times fails to load the details... basically it's useless right now, and it's the only thing I use from Unity analytics

EDIT: after a few minutes it was working again, now it stopped. Guess the devs are trying to fix.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  15. RoboM

RoboM

Hey, thank you for your answer. Our workflow is to create tasks in our task management software with our most important bugs found by the perf report. We use the Problem ID shown in the summary page and tag our tasks with it. We wanted to be able to search for the issue in Unity perf report without needing to click into our tasks and look for links etc. Your info about there being a full ID that is searchable is valueable, but we might still rethink our workflow, because it's too long to be convenient for our intended use.

16. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

The reported issues with the performance reporting dashboard should be fixed now. sorry for the inconvenience. @pertz @Mishaps @Lesha-VH

17. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

Thanks Johng) All working)

18. sknox

sknox

Hey John, Thanks for the reply. It seems like those meta tags are only useful for filtering by bugs. I want to be able to filter by build tags.

I start with the same code base, and build the app several times. I then release each build as a different app on iOS and Android. I am trying to filter by each of those builds.

Is this something that can be done?

19. Syganek

Syganek

It was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Maybe you can add possibility to search problems via their short ID or display the long one instead of the short one because this is not obvious at all :).

20. Avocco

Avocco

Can someone explain how make a keyword search with the new version?

21. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

In the dashboard, for the "Select field" choose "Keyword", and then for "Select value" type the text you are searching for.

22. RoboM

RoboM

Hello.

I'd like to know, how are particular exceptions thrown in our game get assigned to particular problem ids?

In our latest patch we introduced packaging of errors from a particular system in a new exception type (wrapper) holding additional info to help us debugging and that made us notice that some of the reports have stack traces both with and without this exception type/additional info under the same problem id, suggesting to us that very different errors and bugs get packaged under the same problem id.

Is there anything that we can do in our code to help perf report differentiate between errors? Having various problems bundled into one is a big problem for us and our workflow.

23. Syganek

Syganek

Is there a possibility to identify unique crashes using their stack trace not the exception message?

i.e. We've got a lot of Null Reference Exceptions. Some of them are coming from one stack trace, and some of them from another. Essentialy it's not one but two different crashes. Unfortunately they are reported as one and the same crash, so that sometimes leads to confusions.

24. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

We attempt to group individual reports into the same problem based on certain fields of the report. The logic is largely based on the stack trace, exception type and message. There are cases where our grouping logic doesn't work perfectly. If you could send examples of the two different stack traces you are seeing getting bundled into the same problem to clouddiagnostics@unity3d.com we can investigate further.

25. Syganek

Syganek

After reading your post I've re-analyzed our error messages. Looks like the issue was on our side, not in cloud diagnostics. This particular exception that I saw was actually a rethrowed exception that had it's original stack trace inside the exception message. So the only thing actually different was the message.

Thanks for reply and giving us some insight. It helped a lot.

26. phuong_unity

phuong_unity

27. makomarkus

makomarkus

Confusing behavior:

You select a few tags, "apply" them. Then you see the list of matching occurrences. In the same list you see a "Delete reports" button.

But it deletes all reports, not just the ones matching the current filters.
    We just lost our huge reports history due to this simple UX error. If "Delete reports" is not based on tags, then it should be outside in its own section.

upload_2022-1-25_16-26-51.png

28. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this! If you could let us know your UPID (in the ticket that you've got with my colleague or in PMs here with me), we can restore your reports.

Also, the dev team is going to look into this and fix the behavior. Thanks for reporting it!