Search Unity

[NEW PATCH] uNature - GPU, Interactable Grass. Interactable Trees, MultiThreading and more!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ElroyUnity, Apr 29, 2016.

?

Pre-release Integrations

Poll closed Nov 29, 2016.
  1. TerrainComposer2

43.1%
  2. GAIA

54.9%
  3. GENA

49.0%
  4. World Creator

13.7%
  5. World Streamer

37.3%
  6. Map Magic

27.5%
  7. Landscape Builder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. SkyMaster ( Weather )

7.8%
  9. InfiniGrass, AFS, DX11 (Integration will provide built-in shader support)

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Everett_Washington

Everett_Washington

Hey there, i have a question about Touch Bending and similar properties with prototypes. The project im on has grass foliage prototypes and touch bending seems to turn itself off whenever we close unity or change scenes. The boolean on the foliage manager does not turn off, but the functionality breaks. Is this a known bug?

ElroyUnity likes this.
  2. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

interesting, can you try toggling on the touch bending and also save project straight afterwards?

Everett_Washington likes this.
  3. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hi there i h9ave a problem when i painting foliage its increasing the number of verts and tris but nothing shows up
    Even in play mode and the demo scene
    Im painting in procedural scene and as mentioned above its increasing verts and tris but nothing is rendering as grass
    Any idea @ElroyUnity ?
    Any help will greatly appreciated
    Using unity 2017.4.13f1

ElroyUnity likes this.
  4. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

Do you have UNSeeker on your camera?

5. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Yes of course!
    If i was creating a new scene then it might be my problem to not attaching the unseeker
    But my problem is even your demo scene not working which is designed to work out of the box!
    I even see a log message when i starting to paint which is
    Grass Map Debug: RGBA(1, 10, 0, 0)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    Then its calculating on scene and loading some content but after nothing shows up even my batches,tris and verts getting high

6. montyfi

montyfi

7. GCatz

GCatz

next update was supposed to be last year..
    by the rate of updates seems like HDRP is the least of our problems
    seems author is burned out on this one, can't blame him unity changes too frequently

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  8. malkere

malkere

Does this even work? It was really fast when I started following it years ago, but it was buggy...

9. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

Hey guys, as @Recon03 mentioned in the uConstruct thread I wasn't around lately and me losing access to this account's mail didn't help either :)

Not able to update the system at the moment but will be able to soon. If anyone is having problems with the asset feel free to send me a mail to my support mail/ to this account and I will help solve the problem!

10. lod3

lod3

Anyone have uNature running in 2020 URP?

11. lod3

lod3

Does anyone have it running at all in 2020, or is this asset deprecated?

12. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

It does not support URP/ HDRP :)

13. lod3

lod3

After evaluating URP more I've decided to stick with the built-in shaders. Have you tried running uNature in 2020, @ElroyUnity ?

Edit: After some deeper digging I got the latest uNature to at least show grass, but discovered an issue that seems similar to the one we ran into back with 2017. It's somewhere in this thread, but it was either 2017.3 or 2017.4 that broke GPU instancing in uNature, and the response you provided was that there was no way to fix it. While thankfully it only seemed to apply to that specific engine version, that same issue seems to be back in 2020. Below are screenshots of 2 fresh projects with only the latest uNature installed, one in 2018 and the other in 2020. ALL settings are painfully setup to be identical between both projects/engines, right down to precise location/rotation of the camera for a 1:1 read.

https://imgur.com/a/O3Mtdvw

Sadly... GPU instancing appears broken again in the latest official release of 2020. One screenshot from 2018, which runs 650-750FPS, indicates uNature's GPU instancing works, where the 2020 screenshot shows the exact same setup/scene but at less than half the performance seen in 2018 (200-280FPS), which to me is an indication of broken GPU instancing. Let me know once you've had a chance to look, and if there's a way to fix it. I have another product lined up to replace this if it can't be fixed, but really hoping the issue can be resolved as I prefer the look of uNature. Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    ElroyUnity likes this.
  14. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

I appreciate your interest in uNature and testing :) It drives me and I will do my best to try and figure that issue out and hopefully more than that and get a new uNature out that far surpasses the original version.

lod3 likes this.
  15. lod3

lod3

Thank you. But for now, do you have an estimate as to when uNature's GPU instancing will be fixed for Unity 2020 since this is core functionality? Just gauging if I need to default to my standby solution.

ElroyUnity likes this.
  16. Teila

Teila

Good to see you around again! Hope all is well

17. YOAJ1

YOAJ1

I want the grass of Unature to disappear when the Uconstruct building is installed.

18. visualjump3d

visualjump3d

Hi , With Unatature , i can add grass / Tree Runtime ?
    and in Asset store , windows runtime demo is not avaiable ...
    Thankyou