Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A few Unity 5 related fixes and parameter additions for the moon halo are coming soon in v1.7.

boysenberry likes this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new image effects are finilized and will be released in the upcoming version 1.7 (Unity 5) together with a lot of ease of use updates (like decoupling of sky rendering from SkyMasterManager position and much more options).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    boysenberry likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have noticed that Unity 5 has a strange behavior that does not replace the files if they are not in the same folder as in the project.

This may cause a problem when updrading from a Unity 4 installation to the new native Unity 5 pack that has a different folder structure.

Steps for the upgrade (v1.6 to v1.6.5 in Unity 5) - Scripts:

1. Create a folder inside the "Scripts" folder in SkyMaster folder, named "V1.0 Scripts"
    2. Move all items of "Scripts" folder (besides the new directory) to "Scripts/V1.0 Scripts" folder

Steps for the upgrade (v1.6 to v1.6.5 in Unity 5) - Shaders:

1. Create a folder named "Assets" in the SkyMaster folder
    2. Move "SkyMaster/Version1.5" folder to the "Assets" folder made in the above step

Now after importing v1.6.5, the correct files will be replaced and it will not produce any double class errors.

Hopefully Untity 5 bug will be fixed and work like Unity 4 in future, since this double file creation instead of replacement is infinitely confusing.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

The new pics, especially the moon shots, are awesome. Can't wait to see the next version!

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

New volumetric cloud options and presets

Using with HorizON Water reflection

Cloud top

Small video of the WIP with scatter fog, HorizON integration, new presets and volumetric clouds.

True volumetric particle clouds and image effects in Unity 5 for Sky Master ULTIMATE.

Tweaking for Unity 5 fully was definitly in order, since the port from Unity 4 did not realize the full potential of the new image effects and Unity 5 shaders.

The moon has received a lot of options, like choice between a mesh moon and a more artistic (and cheaper) glow only version, plus will work with the volumetric clouds and light shafts for all kinds of cool effects. Everything is also paramertizable from the scripts and full integrated in the day/night cycle.

The goal is to provide a wide range of parameters for complete control over the effect and many possible combinations in presets to readilly use or serve as templates for custom new ones.

In version 1.8 i will also have a configurator with a menu and icons to showcase each possibility/preset and apply it in one click on the sky manager.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some more pics from the work on the new presets, systems, tweaks and full Unity 5 integration.

Volumetric Cloud shadows have also been added to the system as well as a system to use a cloud sheet for cloud particles, for variety.

A huge thanks for the cool reviews for the pack !!!, it really helps boost the morale and with the countless hours of work put in this asset :)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE will be at the current version 1.x intro price for a few more days.

Version 2.0 (Unity 5 native) will be priced at $90, so make sure to grab the pack while on the lower price.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

The demo for Sky Master v2.0 is nearly done, a link will be posted in the next few hours if all goes well exporting it.

Also the pack will contain a "mix a custom prefab" scene, where various parts (clouds, effects, 3rd party options like HorizON, sky dome etc) will be available to insert in the prefab and save it for any ammount of customized setups.

This will be directly derived from the demo, so will contain the special FX, like refractive rain and all volumetric cloud setups (with or without shadows and lightning, various shaders etc) for a complete tool to create a huge variety of sky and cloud looks.

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some pics from the demo.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master v2.0 has been uploaded and will be submitted shortly.

Make sure to grab the pack while at the lower $70 price. Version 2.0 will be priced at $90.

Duffer123 likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Gradient based control of volumetric scatter fog, the gradient can extend to the sky itself with the right setup and be controlled in height along with the fog.

Duffer123 likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Previous cloud video

Sky Master v2.0 Demo video

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v2.0 was submitted to the store this Tuesday and pending review.

Enjoy true volumetric clouds for spectacular effects and fly throughs, using particles for ultimate customization and true physically based sky rendering in Unity 5 skybox with support for all Unity 5 features (PBR, GI, IBL etc).

A huge number of special and advanced weather effects is also provided (Turbulence, Forces, Batching system, Ice/fire propagation, spread, stick and melt system and much more, individual cost of similar packs would be multiple times the cost of Sky Master ULTIMATE).

Full integration with Speed Tree and Unity 5. Sky and clouds use SM2.0 for Ultimate compatibility. Orthographic camera supported for use in 2D-2.5D games.

Extreme optimization with just one draw call for the True Volumetric clouds and sky !!!!

The cutting edge, extremely optimized & one of the most feature full sky rendering - weather effects - volumetric cloud & fog packs in the gaming industry will be available shortly with complete Unity 5 integration !!!!

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master 2 ULTIMATE is up at the Unity Store !!!!

Enjoy :)

Sky Master 2.0 demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/UNITY 5/SkyMasterV20DEMO2.html

Release notes:
    - The sky rendering is now independent of the placement of the Sky Manager gameobject, thus the system may require some tweaking for older projects that have moved the prefab and adjusted the camera follow factors. In v2.0 the prefab is just droped in the scene and may be moved as a whole and used directly, with new height adjustment for the horizon and ground.

- The Speed Tree placed trees on the terrain are rather expensive, this is beyond Sky Master since Speed Tree is a separate system. As a hint, reducing the shadow distance (set high for the demo) will greatly enchance Speed Tree on Unity terrain performance (shadows create the most draw calls).

- The new image effects when copied from the samples/demos or Custom Prefab Creation scene will work right away. When inserted from the menu, the shaders will require changing to the custom shaders i have included for the volumetric fog and other image effects. Make sure to insert the customized SkyMaster version of the GlobalFog shader in the GlobalFogSkyMaster.cs script (attached to camera), if setting it up from Unity menus.
    I would recommend copying the effects from the Custom Prefab Creator scene camera.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    boysenberry likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master 2.0 Features -
    Volumetric scatter height fog with ultimate control for various looks/placement and precision color control with gradient input.

I will be posting the code for new presets regularly, together with sample pics in the forum, as i am constructing the new Configurator editor and Sky library systems.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Duffer123 and boysenberry like this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on volume fog, the system does not cast fog on clouds (because they use transparency). This will be handled in the next version, if possible directly in the image effect. In the mean time the standard fog can be used to fog the distant clouds, along with the volume one.

The issue to using volume and standard fog together, is that i disable the standard fog in the Terrain Manager script when volume fog is used, so the disable code in the fog preset must be removed.

If both standard and volume fogs are required:

Check for "if(SkyManager.Weather == SkyMasterManager.Weather_types.Foggy" in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs script (attached to terrain).

Remove this whole if-else check completly, so when Foggy weather is used, wont disable standard fog.

Search for "SkyFog.FogSky = false;" lines and remove them all as well.

This should allow to enable both volume and standard fog at all cases. Note that standard fog will add up to volume one, so the volume fog preset numbers will have to be altered to lower the intensity a bit to compensate for that.

Next version will have an option to use both fogs and auto-adjustment depending on the case.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Also another note, currently the standard fog can be used when volumetric fog is off at the SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs script (terrain seasonal and fog controller).

Both fogs can work together, but need extra tweaking, so in v2.1 there will be an option to use both together and presets specifically tweaked for such use.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video

Road to heaven, WIP for the new presets in Sky Master v2.1

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The next update will be v2.0.1 and offer some fixes and new functionality

- Add option to use standard fog together with the new volumetric image effect based fog, with "use_both_fogs" parameter in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs script.
    - Add option to correct sun/sky aspect ratio in Orthographic camera mode, "use_ortho" parameter will control the squeeze factor for complete control over the vertical axis scaling.
    - Move presets to a function and add it to start(), so there is no longer need to match the preset parameters in the script.

Also some notes on the speed of sky effects:
    - The system is regulated to work in a normal day cycle and if used in the time lapse mode of the demo will seem to have a sudden appearence of some of the effects (like the moon halo appearence). This speed and timings can be regulated at the presets code if another day cycle speed is needed.
    - The volumetric clouds for demo purposes are set in a higher than needed update rate, so if the clouds are used in a normal day cycle, the spread to frames and update factors can be set much higher for extreme optimization.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master version 2.0 Release notes (Revised):

- PREFAB PLACEMENT: The sky rendering is now independent of the placement of the Sky Manager gameobject, thus the system may require some tweaking for older projects that have moved the prefab and adjusted the camera follow factors. In v2.0 the prefab is just droped in the scene and may be moved as a whole and used directly, with new height adjustment for the horizon and ground.

- SPEED TREE: The Speed Tree placed trees on the terrain are rather expensive, this is beyond Sky Master since Speed Tree is a separate system. As a hint, reducing the shadow distance (set high for the demo) will greatly enchance Speed Tree on Unity terrain performance (shadows create the most draw calls).

- CUSTOM IMAGE EFFECTS SHADERS: The new image effects when copied from the samples/demos or Custom Prefab Creation scene will work right away. When inserted from the menu, the shaders will require changing to the custom shaders i have included for the volumetric fog and other image effects. Make sure to insert the customized SkyMaster version of the GlobalFog shader in the GlobalFogSkyMaster.cs script (attached to camera), if setting it up from Unity menus. I would recommend copying the effects from the Custom Prefab Creator scene camera, for direct use with the correct shader.

- TAGS: The "tags.cs" script is for Unity 4, there is currently no way to automatically assing tags in Unity 5 (the structure was changed from Unity 4), the tags/layers neede must be inserted manually in Unity 5. The tags are mentioned both in the manual and in the Instructions in the demo and Cutom Prefab scenes.

- DAY CYCLE TRANSITIONS SPEED: The system is regulated to work in a normal day cycle (speed value near 1) and if used in the time lapse mode of the demo will seem to have a sudden appearence of some of the effects (like the moon halo appearence). This speed and timings can be regulated at the presets code if another custom day cycle speed is needed.

- VOLUME CLOUD PERFORMANCE: The volumetric clouds are set in a higher than needed update rate for demo purposes (time lapse sun and fast cloud motion), so if the clouds are used in a normal day cycle, the spread to frames and update factors can be set much higher for extreme optimization. It is advised to change these parameters to get the most out of the cloud optimization methods, depending on the cloud and sun motion speeds.

For any concerns about the system or help on creating the custom prefabs or any other setup consideration, please contact me through PM or in email (artengame@yahoo.com). Full support is provided for the pack and i am always open to more suggestions as to how to make the system better.

Coming soon in v2.0.1:
    - Option to use standard fog together with the new volumetric image effect based fog, with "use_both_fogs" parameter in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs script.

- Option to correct sun/sky aspect ratio in Orthographic camera mode, "use_ortho" parameter will control the squeeze factor for complete control over the vertical axis scaling.

- Move of presets in a function and add it to start(), so there is no longer need to match the preset parameters in the script.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new presets for Sky Master v.2.1. New detailed cloud textures, sprite sheets and presets for various spectacular sky looks are coming soon.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ηι,

I have found why the 1st issue appears with the light at night and will provide a hotfix unitypackage asap.

I am also adding light intensity control parameters for each time of day, so it will be possible to specifically set the max and min intensities for day/night.

The moon and stars distances can be manually setup, the stars is using a particle dome and particles can be set in higher size and numbers. The moon size can also be altered by scaling the moon sphere and increasing the moon hall in SkyMasterManager script.

I can provide a scene with bigger moon and stars ready for use as well immediatetly.

I will send the link to the hotfix unitypackage in PM asap.

Jet-Woods-Lim likes this.
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Thanks a lot for bringing the issues in my attention, it is really very helpfull to perfect the asset.

I have solved the previous issues, plus some other ones (2D ortho setup, sun color at night, presets applied on start than lerp at start etc) and can send a hotfix right away.

I will now work on the synch issues, probably i will add a shift factor to shift sun rise and sun set at will, so it can be customized with two parameters. Would that be ok ?

I will investigate the moon glow, from what i see it happens at a margin of the cycle, so probably some parameter is too slow to make it dissapear.

I can send the previous fixes right away, or can work on the new ones and send it all together, please let me know.

Nasos

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will send the full hotfix when it is ready so you can use the new fixes and additions right away.

The moon problem was due to the shader (remained frorm Unity 4 version and was transparent), if you add a Unity 5 standard shader in fade mode and set the emission with the moon texture and at a higher than zero number it will not create the glow in front of moon. I will send a pic of the shader settings along with the fix.

The dawn/dusk shifts are the most tricky part, so this will take a bit to get right, i will be working on this today.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v2.0.1 is ready for release and will be submitted tomorrow (extending the manual will take a bit longer):

Fixes and enchancement in v2.0.1

- Added option to use standard fog together with the new volumetric image effect based fog, with "use_both_fogs" parameter in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs script.

- Added option to correct sun/sky aspect ratio in Orthographic camera mode, "use_ortho" parameter controls the squeeze factor for complete control over the vertical axis scaling.

- Presets have been move in a separate function and was added to start(), so there is no longer need to match the preset parameters in the script. Presets will be initialized at start of game without a lerp from the editor defined script parameters.

- Added a parameter to shift dawn time for earlier dawn control.

- Added Sun intensity controls for day and night time, with maximum reach speed control for easy adjustement.

- Added precision rotation for the sky dome in Rot_Y and Rot_Z parameters.

- Fixed an issue with Night sun color parameter, now it is properly handled. Also note that this should be set to black for the general case.

- Changed the moon material to a Unity 5 one, for better look and fix of a strange glow in the moon middle due to the old shader transparency mode.

- Fixed issue with sun light still active at night from the ground side.

- Added a Day cycle speed factor to sun light coloration lerping, so it will behave better at higher day cycle speeds than "1".

- Added sample scene with tweaked volumetric heavy storm and Lightning Storm that uses the new line renderer based lightning.

- Added scene that showcases the orthographic camera mode use.

- The image effects will now grab their shaders properly when inserted from the menus. The shaders had to be inserted in the inspector defaults of the scripts.

- Image effect Sun and SkyManager properties are now auto-assigned by the SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script, for easier setup

- New preset for volumetric fog that will work best with the "Use_both_fogs" option (that is, when Untiy standard fog is also used in combination, fog preset no5)

This version is also available as a hotfix for the current v2.0, so there is no need to wait for the store review time, anyone interested may contact me in artengame@yahoo.com with the invoice and i will send the hotfix link immedately.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v2.0.1 has been submitted to the store and is pending review.

The update brings a lot of fixes, more controls and enchancements and new special shaders for the volumetric clouds, which will also be expanded upon in upcoming versions for even cooler results.

The new shaders allow the composition of per particle noisy texture based cloud motion and the current system that relies on scripted en mass motion of cloud particles, for even cooler dynamic cloud effects. Note that this is just the first version of the new shader system and there is a lot more to come on that front.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v2.0.1 is now up at the store !!!

List of changes, fixes and additional features is posted in the change log and in the above posts.

30. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ nasos,

Really looking at purchasing this product over TrueSky Alpha. Just got acouple of questions re capabilities.

- Does the product allow for different (than normal Earth) celestials ie. more than one Moon, Planets visible in atmosphere, different or more than one Sun?

- What does the product manage as well as (the amazing) clouds? With weather effects are there particles and lighting effects ie. what now happens with latest version with lightning, snow etc re particles, lighting, sound?

- does it cater for godrays, and other similar weather effects?

- if I create a reflective or water reflective surface will it reflect the clouds etc? how easily?

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

New detailed cloud textures (coming in v2.1, possible to insert any custom texture as well already, even sprite sheets for variety !!)

Volumetric cloud storm, lightning per cloud, lit clouds for complete effect. Sounds also provided.

Volumetric fog, here is affecting the clouds as well
    (need one line of code change to get that effect, to turn image effect non opaque, creates an issue with objects behind clouds though, so is best used from ground level. The default is using the opaque directive and does not affect volume clouds. Standard fog affect the clouds normally).
    Gradient coloration support is also possible for complete control.

Moon halo is done by placing the moon transform in the shader instead of the sun (most optimized).
    Can be extended for more moons/ planets / suns by providing their place to the (extended) shader and adding the calcs for each (will be a SM3.0 shader though, current system works with SM2.0)

Volume clouds react great to sun shafts effect (sample system and control included) and lighting.

Clouds reflected in Unity 5 water/ocean

New shader sample that will extend the system with inner particle motion and details (first version, much more to come on that front)

Dual Suns is very easy to program (took me 5 minutes to convert the shader, the hard part is that this arrangement depends a lot on the specifics of the game, so it is hard to provide a global solution for the control, but i can offer this extra sun as an on demand change to the shader and SkyManager, sent in email). The problem is that i dont want to confuse with multiple shader versions etc as it is already a problem with Unity 4 to 5 conversion.

Hi,

The sky rendering does offer various modes for sun, like the halo version etc.

Currently the system is made for as much optimized sky rendering as possible (SM2.0 and still have the full physically based model), so it uses only one light source in the latest version and switches it to the moon to give it its halo.

It is very much possible to have more moons / suns, but it requires an extension of the shader (but it is not a hard one, given then previous Unity 4 version works with separate sun/moon already). The plan is to offer a dual sun/moon solution in the next update as well, with a SM3.0 shader.

The new skybox mode that does not use a sky dome, can essentially have any number of other independent items shown in the atmosphere, since there is no dome to pause any restriction, it will be the planets against the far away Unity skybox. Then it is up to the planet shaders to get the perfect result. I dont currently have planets with special shaders, but the moon uses a version of a self illuminated shader that could be used for other planets as well.

The weather is a versatile system of lerping in/out effects on demand. It supports some samples like lighting, particle clouds etc as seen in the demo. The system does not integrate the new volumetric clouds, this is in the plans since the volume clouds will eventually replace all weather functions as they are more efficient and spectacular.

The volume clouds do have their own controller though, so they can be set to renew themselves and have wind attributes separately or with a middle script that may tie this system to the on demand changes handled by the main sky Manager script.

I think the best and most complete system so far is the volume clouds used with the new shadows and lighting systems. It is shown in the 2ond cloud system in the demo. All other volume clouds can have similar effects attached as well very easilly.

The rain and snow systems have a follow the hero mode that is advised to use, since this will make the effect seem global while using only one particle system. The rain has a base that is used in the on demand weather transitions, but can be replaced very easilly with the provided new refractive rain for more spectacular effect. This rain reacts to light and light halos as well and is shown in the Special FX secton of the demo.

The v2.0 and above have a control system for both god rays and scatter volume fog as image effects and special version of the latter for the scattering, with a preset system as well (all handled by the SeasonalTerrain script that also controlled the older shader based volumetric terrain fog).

Generally speaking the system is very versatile and has numerous options for SM2.0 and SM3.0. It does not require DX11 either and is super fast when used with all optimizations on (like the cloud update set low in a normal day cycle etc). Also support orthographic camera.

The clouds are readilly reflected by the Unity 5 water, i just placed the water properly and had reflection by default. Also since the clouds have volume will give great result with the god rays image effect etc and support amazing fly throughs

Also the particles allow for any texture/shader use, so the effects / clouds seen so far use just a standard set of shaders and medium range textures. I am currently working on the new shaders that will create more detail and motion inside the each cloud particle (v2.0.1 contains a first sample of this shader in the demo scene) and new presets with super high res textures.

Even more variety can be added by the new in v2.0 sprite sheet system for the volume clouds.
    I attach some reference pics for the systems.

EDIT: I also programmed a dual sun shader on the spot (last set of pics above), it takes only a few minutes to insert any number of suns/moons, the hard part is controlling them during the day cycle which i can also help with per case (as it would be different per game case and needs).

EDIT 2: There is so much more to the system as well, there is a decal system, a batching system, turbulence, forces (gravity etc), terrain conformation, volume clouds/haze/smoke for close up use and much more. With much more to come as well. Some can be seen in action in the demo (e.g. ice spreading, chain lightning, tornado vortexes etc).

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Duffer123 likes this.
  32. Duffer123

Duffer123

That's about the most overwhelmingly comprehensive response I've received in the forums! Consider it bought (when I scrape together the money). Thanks for such a comprehensive response.

In terms of your demo videos I think it would be great if you could have one with this product playing out cloud effects etc over a AAA Alpine lake n mountain scene - to really showcase it?

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the kind comments :) and suggestions. It is always great to see more requests and suggestions that will make the pack better, the dual suns for example was something i wanted to do for some time and postponed it, but now will definitly be in the next version as it is working great from my tests today.

About the demo, I have planned on creating a full fledged map to showcase it better for some time, so it is definitly in the plans.

The vision is to have something like Skyrim's mountains with the rolling fog and an as close to their effect texture work and some roaming with weather effects etc.

Now that most systems are in place, i will be doing that kind of work more together with the new cosmetic changes like extra cool shaders-textures and the shader based cloud dome for higher altitude clouds.

I also got both Terrain and World composer to help create a cool map that will eventually come along with the pack.

Another idea is to have a small mini game templete with an airplane, to also showcase best the fly through clouds possibilities. I have started work on that as well.

How fast these will come depend a lot on the workload i have in general and the reviews for the packs, more reviews allow to move forward with new features much faster and push ahead cool stuff like that sooner.

Duffer123 likes this.
  34. Duffer123

Duffer123

That all sounds fantastic. I will buy this when I get paid > 9 June. I'll be interested to see, for instance, how the volumetric clouds interract with say tall mountains and so forth.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

The great part about particle clouds is that they can act as haze too and interact with anything, but this needs a bit extra scripting.

I have rolling fog scripts that move particles on terrain, so it should be easy to adapt the volume clouds as well to follow and roll on ground. I will note it for the next version as well.

I post some pics of a bit more work on the planets and dual sun, both will definitly be in the next update :)

36. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ nasos,

Sounds great.

nasos_333 likes this.
  37. Xaron

Xaron

Awesome stuff, bought it! :)

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for buying.

For any guidance in seting it up, or if special setup is needed (like dual suns etc) i am always in the forums (and artengame@yahoo.com) looking for the next cool suggestion and challenge to be included in the next updates :)

These are the planned features for v2.1 so far, for reference

Features planned for v2.1
    - Aurora effect
    - Shader based cloud dome
    - Dual (or more) suns/moons shader
    - Tweaks to dusk lighting/coloration, or option to adjust the time dusk coloration will be applied
    - Rainbow effect
    - More shaders for volume clouds (inner motion, noise, scattering and more)
    - New detailed textures for volume clouds
    - Volumetric shadowed particles for smoke (SM2.0 for global compatibility)
    - More image effects integration (bloom etc)
    - Mikley Way texture option for night sky (if i can get the proper texture)
    - Planets showing through atmopshere
    - Volume cloud interaction with terrain
    - Configurator Editor with a big preset library and Particle Scaler

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  39. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

Hi there,

a recent buyer as well here :) After a first look it it seems very powerful and I like the gradients in there. One piece a struggle a bit is the initial setup of the whole beast. as you were writing that you prepare a configurator editor - it would be very preferable from my side. I think most probably it would be easier for myself if I could configurate - maybe step by step - everything via an inspector instead of alot of GO's were several of them are only there for delivering text input :)
    But maybe this comes because I'm not used to the setup and it takes several steps :) You know, there are coders and there are visual guys.. and I belong more to the second part even if I could read a bit of code :)

Thx for consideration.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

I understand that the system is rather complex to fully customize directly and needs some work. The configurator will hopefully help to that end and will extend the Custom Prefab Creation scene i have included.

In fact i first made that scene and put intructions for creating a custom prefab to help organize the Editor better, as it will be based on that scene's items.

Until the editor is out, you may try with the Custom Prefab Creation scene, it has a lot of step by step and tips on how to put together a custom prefab (plus there is a sample prefab scene created with this templete scene).

There is no programming required to set everything up, just some knowledge on which are the base three scripts that govern the whole system (SeasonalTerrain that goes on terrain and controls image effects and volume fog, Sky Master Manager that handles time, weather transitions, particle clouds and coloration of fog-sun and Volumetric Cloud script that controls the new volume clouds)

If there are any question on the intructions and steps detailed in the custom prefab creation scene, it would be great to know so i can both create an even better instructions set and also make the upcoming editor even better.

I will try to push the editor as fast as possible as well, it is a rather complex system to cover all things possible, so this might take a while, but is the top priority for the next update.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Features planned for v2.1 (updated)

- Configurator Editor with a big preset library for visual preview of sky/cloud settings and Particle Scaler
    - Weather ULTIMATE
    , a module for visually arranging weather patterns and scheduling during the year. It will be based on the Weather On Demand transition system and offer a higher level control for weather automation.
    - Shader based cloud dome, for higher clouds (above the volumetric ones).
    - Dual (or more) suns/moons shader option and main script handlers.
    - Tweaks to dusk lighting/coloration, or option to adjust the time dusk coloration will be applied
    - More advanced shaders for volume clouds (inner motion, noise, scattering and more)
    - New detailed textures for volume clouds
    - Volumetric shadowed particles for smoke (SM2.0 for global compatibility)
    - More image effects integrated (e.g. bloom)
    - Mikley Way texture option for night sky (if i can get the proper texture)
    - Planets showing through atmopshere, big collection planned with various styles
    - Volume cloud interaction with terrain, for rolling over mountains
    - Aurora effect
    - Rainbow effect

Please remember to review/score the pack !!!
    , every good review allows me to extend the pack with all kind of cool new features much faster.

The Configurator editor with the big visual library will be a big undertaking to create, but will offer one of the most spectacular ways to create a sky/clouds arrangements, and reviews will help a huge lot while making this system !!! and all other updates to the pack.

Thanks a lot in advance for any reviews.

42. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ nasos,

Some ideas for future development:-

- Will the multiple moons / suns / planets shader thingymabob cater for shadow ie, cycles of moon etc.?

- Some ideas for other celestial or atmospheric phenomena - comets, vapour trails?

- With the volumetric clouds and the new shaders, how about 'template' types of cloud according to weather,temparature, altitude... ie.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/clouds/low-level-clouds#stratocumulus-clouds

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/clouds/mid-level-clouds#altocumulus-clouds

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/clouds/high-clouds#cirrus-clouds

- Grouping clouds?

43. Duffer123

Duffer123

I have purchased! Couldn't wait for pay day... ;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), let me know for any questions/suggestions

I just finished Particle Dynamic Magic 2 submission and will start working full time on the next Sky Master update, the planets especially look very cool and i plan to have a big collection of epic skies with dual suns/planets and any other idea that will bring space closer to the surface :)

I have also started prototyping the configurator system.

EDIT: I just saw the post above the last one :), all points are great and will be considered, especially the moon cycle is a definite must. Comets would also be great, also asteroid belts that will go around the planet. I will use Particle Dynamic Magic modules to perfect these.

The clouds is an ongoing thing, they will be expanded with much more details and many more templetes are already planned (and some are already made too, shown in some of the pics above)

45. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ nasos - looking forward to it!

nasos_333 likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

A sample of what is the plan for orbital objects. Planets with effects and astreroid fields will be visible through the atmosphere.

These will work great with the skybox mode, as there is no spacial restriction of what can go where in relation to the ground.

I think by the time i am done with the new effects i will have a Space Master pack ready for release as well :)

47. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Does this work with the asset "Time of Day?" By any chance? If not does this tool carry the features of that asset?

Also does the reflective water shader come with it?

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is no reason why it should not run, but they do have overlapping elements as both have some similar functionality. For example one of the two will be controlling the sun or sky rendering at each scene.

Sky Master has both a skydome and skybox (unity 5) solution, for versatility. I dont know what Time of Day uses, but i recall the first versions used a dome, so i would recommend using the skybox since no dome is required on Sky Master (plus supports all Unity 5 functionality of a skybox, like GI etc without any extra calculations or scripting)

The water is the Unity 5 water and i do have an installation in the pack and a sample (the same seen in the demo). The refractive rain is uniue to Sky Master and is not in Unity libraries.

Sky Master is way more than a sky pack though, aside from the physially based sky render in skybox and standard particle clouds, weather etc, there is also a complete true volumetric particle system (with fly through, ligthning, shadows etc) and advanced effects like refractive rain, seasonal SpeedTree color handling, ice stick, melt and propagation, chain lightning, custom static/dynamic batching system, volumetric haze (close up and smoke), volumetric fog (scatter for far distances, supports gradient for amazing effects) and much much more.

This is one of my super packs (like Particle Dynamic Magic) so even if you do use Time of Day, there is a huge number of amazing things in there to use together with it.

The sky rendering in Sky Master is also the full accurate model in SM2.0 (with minor tweaks) so you get some of the best rendering results for all platforms. And besides the special effects like halo like formation (like Halo game) is also easilly expandable (two sun and planets coming in the next version, with just 4 lines of code changed to get the dual sun effect)

49. toto2003

toto2003

is it occulus , google cardboard compatible? if not are you planning to make it happen on the future?
    i really love that asset.
    cheers

50. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ nasos,

Looking good! Although the atmosphere clouds should really be in front of the orbiting planet (I hope!).