Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mattis89

mattis89

Thank you:) I will send it now

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I sent the latest version in PM.

mattis89 likes this.
  3. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nasos_333

The truth is that I think this is very important. I hope you implement it soon.

Regarding the issue of cutting trees is essential for me and my project. It would be sensational to include it in infiniGrass ... Especially because several tools similar to infinigrass already have it, like uNature, etc ...

Maybe I should consider it for the very near future.

regards

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will check if i can pass from InfiniTREE, the chop effect is complete with particles, sounds etc so would take a bit to do proper.

ftejada likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Raw videos (without youtube visuals downgrade)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vKKOd8o9rsybM-DVHmE-GjoSJ-dk4qRv
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PwAt54rXTtW8vPJj8DLs3Jbc3dAya9zM

InfiniGRASS v2.0 WIP, endless grass fields, zero need for in game batching, pooling system for least allocations, single material multiple grass types system, batched billboards, GPU instancing for further draw call reduction over the core batching system and many more features.

No special hardware required (everything works in SM3.0 and pooling works in SM2.0 increasing potential for older mobile platforms)

ftejada likes this.
  6. ftejada

ftejada

hi @nasos_333 !!!

I am trying the last version that I sent by private (v1.7.8d InstancingGPU new guide for GOOGLE DRIVE) and I wanted to ask you some questions or problems that I am seeing and I do not know if they are already fixed for the InfiniGrass 2 version.

I have tried to paint with all the brushes of Grass and I comment:

1) The brush grass number 24, of which I leave this video below, has very rare blue / violet colors that do not seem real. I tried to modify that strange color but I could not.
    The only thing I find is in the toggle "5 Grass Properties" where the TintColor comes to give it variety. But it does not seem to influence to remove that strange color.
    How should I solve this? It is one of the brushes that I like the most and I do not want it to look that unreal because of the color.
    As you will see in the video, changing the value of Tint power to zero eliminates the problem, but also this tint frequency characteristic. And this for me is a very important feature to lose it.

2) With this brush it seems that the problem is that the grass does not adapt well to the irregularities of the terrain ... and there are many floating in the air. I leave video

3) On the other hand there is no deletion with Shift for the "fence's and rock's". Break the workflow a bit if you have to delete something you do not want.

Regards

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

About the fence - rocks, you can directly erase anything you don't want without the Grass manager, as those are batched in game start and are not batched in editor.

About the vertex grass, try various combos for the vertex coloration like in pics below, some will give a mild effect, others will make contrasts higher.

About the displaced grass, that was an offset in the original prefab, somehow i missed this and i attach a hotfix with the prefab displaced to right position. The pivot was a bit off from the actual grass base, i attach a pic below with the fixed brush and its adapt to round surfaces for reference.

Let me know if these address the issues and thanks for the feedback, i had not realized the issue with the brush displacement.

Attached Files:

8. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nasos_333
    I have been testing, (with many different variations) but the problem is not solved. Whenever there is something of "Shift Base color and axis" or "tint power" that color appears blue / violet. I do not know what's wrong. But the only way to solve it is leaving the Tint power to 0 and that makes you not be able to enjoy the characteristic of tint frecuency

Regarding the patch, it seems that the problem is solved.

Regards

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

I tested with tint and indeed is not behaving like the other shader, probably because the vertex based coloration influences the tinting as well.

I checked also with tint power lower than zero and makes it lighter so avoids dark and purple, but does not blend the color correct either with the tint color.

I will check on this and provide a means to separate the two with weights as a solution or do some other method of blending.

ftejada likes this.
  10. ftejada

ftejada

Notify when you have it please

Regards

11. Rockwall33

Rockwall33

Will there be a extension for Infinigrass/tree/skymaster for Gaia?

Thank you and happy New Years!
    Xalo

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi and Happy new year

I will post here when the new version is done.

ftejada likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi and Happy new year

I am considering this for next versions, though the integration should be straightforward as GAIA ultimately creates a standard Unity terrain.

Rockwall33 likes this.
  14. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Skymaster would be welcome!

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Lars, let me know for the invoice in a PM and i will send the voucher asap

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

New year offer !!!!

To celebrate the new year, free vouchers for InfiniTREE ($80), Sky Master ($80) and Advanced FX Creator ($100) will be granted to the next purchases of InfiniGRASS (one voucher per purchase, chosen from any of the three mentioned). Post here to receive the vouchers, while vouchers last.

Sky Master vouchers left: 1/1 (upgradeable to the latest Sky Master ULTIMATE for $10)
    InfiniTREE vouchers left: 1/1
    Advanced FX Creator vouchers left: 2/2

Also Sky Master ULTIMATE can be upgraded from GI Proxy for only $20 (total $60 instead of normal $90 price).​

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  17. cybersoft

cybersoft

Hi,

If I understand correctly, I have to buy the InfiniGRASS and I can get 3 vouchers for assets: InfiniTREE , Sky Master and Advanced FX Creator for free?

All 4 assets will be total $60? Am I right?

Cheers

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

It is one voucher granted per purchase, but can be chosen between the three mentioned. I will revise the text to better reflect that :)

19. cybersoft

cybersoft

Anyway that is a great deal too. :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  20. Penfolded

Penfolded

Hi, I've just purchased InfiniGRASS. Is it possible to get a voucher for Sky Master?

Thanks,
    Kirk

nasos_333 likes this.
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, i will send it in PM. Let me know the invoice in a PM as well.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

New year offer !!!!

To celebrate the new year, free vouchers for InfiniTREE ($80), Sky Master ($80) and Advanced FX Creator ($100) will be granted to the next purchases of InfiniGRASS (one voucher per purchase, chosen from any of the three mentioned). Post here to receive the vouchers, while vouchers last.

Sky Master vouchers left: 0/1 (upgradeable to the latest Sky Master ULTIMATE for $10)
    InfiniTREE vouchers left: 1/1
    Advanced FX Creator vouchers left: 2/2

Also Sky Master ULTIMATE can be upgraded from GI Proxy for only $20 (total $60 instead of normal $90 price).​

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, did the Sky Master voucher work ok ?

24. Penfolded

Penfolded

Yes it did.

Thanks,
    -k

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Nice, dont forget to upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE before the prices change, since ULTIMATE will get all the latest upgrades (new clouds, particle, water etc)

26. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

From what I can tell from the asset description and some of the comments, it seems that InfiniGRASS has Tree brushes, so is InfiniTREE needed too? I'm looking for a more optimised replacement for the standard Unity terrain vegetation and trees. Does InfiniGRASS do trees? Thanks.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

The two assets have different functionalities. InfiniTREE can do procedural trees with LTree system on the fly so you may have each tree be different in automated way.

InfiniGRASS is more about spreading grass and managing it. Especially in v2.0 the focus is on pooling and doing endless fields with minimal cost and RAM use which is much different than how InfiniTREE and InfiniGRASS v1.x works.

In v2.0 I plan to have a unique tree creator for the grass system too but not with LTrees like InfiniTREE and will use pre defined touch point to attach branches on the fly in random.

Both systems can use any mesh so yes InfiniGRASS can use any tree as brush including speedtrees. Also can use rocks and any item to optimize it. I have tree rock and mushroom brushes included and much more coming in v2.0.

28. ranaUK

ranaUK

Got some grass sent pm regarding voucher

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Spline based grass placement and some new shader tweaks. Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 is used for the volumetric clouds, lighting and atmosphere.

InfiniGRASS is on lower price for a limited time !!!
    $39 vs $60
    Enjoy :)

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE (issue with Ambient Occlusion):

It has come to my attention that the grass has issue when Ambient Occlusion is activated. To solve this a variable change in the shader will enable the correct mode.

I attach an image based guide as to what variable must be changed in the shader, specifically the "TransparentCutout" must be changed to "TreeLeaf" in RenderType, which solves the various artifacts issue in the grass.

I will change this to the package and submit on the store as well soon.

31. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Can this work on iOS? with metal or 2018.1 with tessellation?

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Not sure on the tessellation, i dont use it as one of the system targets is to be as compatible as possible across the board. Everything will run on SM3.0 and there will be SM2.0 options for mobile as well.

It will run on iOS is my guess, i dont have machine to test though, but had many users on iOS and had no issues mentioned so far.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Helicopter wind

Usage of InfiniGRASS v2.0 with Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric clouds-lighting & soft shadows.

UPDATE: I am currently integrating everything in a single shader, this includes the deferred shading, seasonal module, sprite sheet module, grass burn system, the billboards mode and the helicopter like wind (which will blend with the rest as well now). Also integrating the vertex grass break points for finer wind control and both the depth based and pivot based placement systems.

ftejada and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  34. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

great progress!

35. Xype

Xype

Ok so I even reimported a couple time just to make sure it wasn't my wonky interwebz.

Theres an issue around line 476 there is an unknown symbol ; and it makes no sense unless the LIGHT_ATTENUATION(i) is wrong! so im not a shader guy need a handy (btw might not be creeped on you yet because im on the beta Unity)

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Are you using unity 2018 ?

If so I have solved this issue and will post the solution in bit. Note that 2018 is beta and can have various bugs so I can't support it before the official release fully as the solutions now may break everything later. But I will do as much help as possible.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is the solution

FIX: Change to the below: (only really needed in add pass, for point - spot lights)

Replace this:
    float attenuation = LIGHT_ATTENUATION(i);

With this:
    UNITY_LIGHT_ATTENUATION(attenuation, i, i.posWorld.xyz);

and should now work ok.

38. Xype

Xype

awesome, was no rush but that is great thanks man. I am just plowing down the list of errors in all my assets with the beta

Edit: I did mention that I was on the beta so you wouldnt panic lol if you will look at the end :p
    I like to report to devs so they can be ahead on the fixes, I usually try to find a fix but shaders bleh.

These were the nasty red ones, but heck I clear even all my yellow ones before I go back to deving.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the heads up. I too like to see bugs early so let me know for anything else.

If you have sky master too there is also a few fixes needed for 2018 which I also have utilized and can send a fixed pack or guide to code fixes which are minor.

Also you may see a warning in one script. This is easily solved by adding the 2018 in the lines where unity versions are cheched in the script.

40. Xype

Xype

Oh I do not, it looks nice but I invested in .... one of those other ones... that I really like a good while back.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

42. eblumrich

eblumrich

Infinigrass is not displaying in the game window upon play.

It shows up fine in the editor window, but not the game window..

Please advise. I have followed the manual and tutorials- with no success.

Thanks

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

This is usually an issue with LOD distance set too close which means the grass is cut off very soon. Increase the distances for the first lod to see if fixes it.

Also make sure the player has been set properly as that lod distance is calculated from the player. So if the player is static or away from the camera and camera goes far from player the grass may not have grown there due to lod calculated from the player.

By default the player is the camera tagged as main camera. So also check that you have a main camera tag in the scene camera.

Also there is a shader based fade distance which may also need to be extended

Also are my demo scenes working ?

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on grass auto adapt system

recon0303 likes this.
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on spline based ground deformation and planting (river side rocks, pines avoid river bed)

Sky Master ULTIMATE is used for the clouds and lighting.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    docsavage likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

@GDevTeam

Hi,

I have a Unity 2018 version ready to download, if needed.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS is on lower price for a limited time !!!
    $39 vs $60

Enjoy :)

48. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Why and how long will you tease us with InfiniGRASS 2? I do not understand it.
    Will InfiniGRASS 2 perform as well as Vegetation Studio?
    Can i cut grass grow plants and chop trees?
    Can i use it together with map magic and voxeland?
    Will grass automaticly go away when i place a stone or can i make it work that when i gow a way often the grass goes away on thatpath?

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS is super fast, you can try the demo now:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OfuJK920JuHDnvu8mtgdt_rtbt9c7PbL

Note this demo also has the full range of Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 cutting edge effects, so is a complete game world like in a final game would have, with nearly everything on as far as environment goes.

Also the system can play on all platforms (SM3.0 required for full feature set), so there is not even a point doing a comparison to other systems that are only on certain platforms. Note also that InfiniGRASS does not do a render loop that renders all grass at every frame in code. Generally is blazing fast.

For the tree chopping with actual tree falling down, with particles and the true experience, i have InfiniTREE that handles the specific case the best. In the grass system trees though you can still make trees disappear, the specific implementation depends on the needs (e.g. if you need blazing fast trees you can only chop them en mass, if you need one by one chop you will need to plant individually etc, still will be super optimized but not the ultimate optimization that can have). And also you can burn grass and trees and then make disappear automatically.

I also have a seasonal module that can grow grass to various seasonal types with minimal overhead, all in shader mode for super performance.

Basically the system is so versatile that the sky will be the limit (and Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 will be there to handle the rest :) ), that is partly why takes so long to finalize, i recently added a full featured spline system that can also curve your terrain for rivers and then decorate them all on the fly !!!, and plant with rules based on splines (both area and on spline functionality) You can add grass on rocks on the fly even. You can shape the grass as well permanently, in editor time and after real time interaction. This includes make grass disappear or appear or shape to direction etc etc

I have tested with Map Magic and works fine too, with real time planting on any new map that comes along. This is WIP and hopefully will make it in v2.0 (otherwise in v2.x cycle). The issue is that Map Magic is not GPU based and is very slow (that is something i will be solving with my upcoming InfiniLAND system)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on grass auto adapt system

recon0303 likes this.