Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Also please let me know which pipeline is used, so can test directly on this Beta version.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  2. NotQuiteSmith

NotQuiteSmith

URP. I added a windzone and turned everything to zero AFAIK and many of the plants act like there is still wind.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will check the urp for these issues too, since is still beta i may have neglected to update some of the materials in the grass manager, maybe that is why wind not affect them, will test and get back asap

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS URP Update

A new update for InfiniGRASS URP Beta is now available, solving an issue with the main shader in URP and bump mapping that made a few of the more complex grass - flower types appear darker in some camera angles.

The patch is available on PM request.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tutorial on shader based interaction with grass setup.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.6b has been released to the Unity Asset store.

v1.9.9.6b

- Added new demo for showcasing the delayed per brush stroke re-planting system, used with the new run time grass saving and loading feature.

7. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

I don't know if this has been asked already, but the forum is quite long.

Does anyone know if this supports Ps4, Ps5, Switch, Xbox? I know it says it's direct X 9, but it supports mobile now so wouldn't that mean it works in open gl too?

I'm generally looking for a list of all platforms it supports.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have not tested on those more exotic platforms, but since it goes all way down to Shader Model 2, maximum Shader Model 3, i suppose would run on all latest consoles and mobiles.

The grass is also meshes in the scene, does not use any form of indirect rendering in script or image effect etc, so has maximum compatibility. Essentially you can save the batched meshes and use them without the system and with any other shader too as needed.

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of a new Geometry Grass system i am working on, this will be mainly directed to desktop and the plan is to integrate to InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) in some form in the PRO version, also will be a standalone package for developers that target desktop platforms and just grass-flowers are needed, than the full InfiniGRASS system that covers everything.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of a new Geometry Grass system for InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) Pro, this will be mainly directed to desktop and the plan is to integrate to InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) in some form in the PRO version, also will be a standalone package for developers that target desktop platforms and just grass-flowers are needed, than the full InfiniGRASS system that covers everything.

JUNE 2021 UPGRADE OFFERS !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $3-15 for limited time: InfiniGRASS ($15) - Ethereal ($5) - InfiniTREE ($9) - Advanced FX Creator ($9) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($9) Sun Shafts SRP Beta ($3) - Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($3) - InfiniCLOUD ($5). InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $29.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system is on -50% Off in Unity New Assets Sale !!!!
    During the sale can also upgrade from Ethereal to the full Sky Master ULTIMATE Suit for only $15 !!!!!

Enjoy :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  11. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Hmm ok that sounds pretty positive. That's a good point I could just use this to paint them on and ultimately use another shader on another platform when the time comes. Thanks for the quick response! If I end up testing on something exotic I will report back and let you know how it goes!

nasos_333 likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, that would be great, thanks :), will really help a lot.

ODINKONG likes this.
  13. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Hi I just purchased the asset and for the most part it's working great but I have one pretty large issue. I can't get it to play nicely with ambient occlusion from the unity post processing stack. For reference I am using the built in render pipeline. Here is what it looks like with ambient occlusion on.
    upload_2021-6-8_18-36-24.png

You can see the transparency is doing something weird. Looks fine with ambient occlusion off, But we need to use ambient occlusion.
    upload_2021-6-8_18-37-36.png
    Any ideas on what I should try to fix this?

14. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Changing the render Que to 3000 Seems to allow the grass to ignore the ambient occlusion all together although that really isn't ideal.

15. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Also the grass does not appear when editing in a prefab. There seem to be several other issues with editing while in a prefab, like for instance I can't delete any grass that I have put down after the prefab saves. What is the proper workflow for working in a prefab? Should the prefab have it's own grass manager?

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

What renderer path is used ? Forward or deferred ?

The general idea is to create a final prefab and ungrow the grass, then can be instantiated at scenes start. To edit probably need to open the prefab and break it in a scene and edit then, or keep a scene that is not prefabed to create the prefab if need changing for example.

Generally prefabs are not ideal for editable items, so what i do is keep a prefab neutral scene to recreate the prefab from.

17. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Ok that makes sense. Thank you for outlining the proper workflow for me a bit. I will have to make some adjustments to the project but honestly it's probably something I should have done already anyway.

We are using deferred rendering. Btw is the grass supposed to receive shadows from other objects in real time? It currently isn't with the render Que at 3000.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

yes, it both cast and receive shadows. It is not full transparent, is cutout

Also i had been working on a pure deferred shader option, which i had not followed fully for some time, but could work better with occlusion, so let me know the invoice in a PM and can send that version to check if works better.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  19. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Awesome thanks! I sent you an email about it.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, just saw, i have sent the deferred version there, let me know if worked out and will do more tests as well on this.

21. ODINKONG

ODINKONG

Awesome thank you for all the help! That's very generous of you. I really appreciate it.
    I'm adjusting our levels from prefabs into scenes that are loaded in an additive manner. This might take another week but I will test out the deferred shader soon and get back to you on how it turns out. Looks great in the video. I'm excited to see it in game!

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Geometry Grass system for InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) Pro WIP, added more procedural grass types.

JUNE 2021 UPGRADE OFFERS !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $3-15 for limited time: InfiniGRASS ($15) - Ethereal ($5) - InfiniTREE ($9) - Advanced FX Creator ($9) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($9) Sun Shafts SRP Beta ($3) - Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($3) - InfiniCLOUD ($5). InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $29.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system is on -50% Off in Unity New Assets Sale !!!!
    During the sale can also upgrade from Ethereal to the full Sky Master ULTIMATE Suit for only $15 !!!!!

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  23. Minzie

Minzie

Hi, I'm interested in this asset. I have some questions:
    1. Can I know if this is integrated with The Vegetation Engine?
    2. What is the difference between InfiniGrass & Nature Renderer?

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system is at core a global optimization system, that also offers a set of render options and shaders. So has nothing to do with both those assets, is closer to Vegetation Studio at what is main purpose is and is compatible with all devices and DX versions (so does not require DX11 or above as Vegetation Studio and is not using compute shaders).

Also unlike Nature Renderer, the system optimizes all assets, like trees, grass and can even be used to optimize houses, rocks or any other mesh. And all code is open to modify if needed.

The system can potentially work with any mesh and shader, so with some extra work could work with both the mentioned art assets and shaders they offer, but would need to write a simple script to control their wind i suppose.

If decide to buy now and would also need my Sky Master ULTIMATE system, make sure to buy the Ethereal system first and then can upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $1 after have Ethereal in assets, and then in a separate order can again upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $1. This offer will be only for 2 more hours though.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  25. Minzie

Minzie

@nasos_333 Just saw your message. Another question, what is the difference between this & InfiniTree? Isn't Skymaster ultimate alreday has URP & HDRP? if so, what is the difference with Ethereal in the link? Also, how long more do I have to be able to get the $1 + $1 offer when buying the Ethereal?

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

InfiniTREE is similar in core to the grass, but has no global manager and preview in editor is a but harder to use, on the other hand it can do procedural L-trees from base items like branch, leaves etc and batch them after for performance all automatically and also can chop trees etc with scripted control.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP Beta does indeed contain Ethereal, the store version is a standalone of that system and has a few extra demo scenes and assets comparing the the sky beta.

The $1 offer has ended unfortunately :(, but have an offer of upgrade to Sky from Ethereal for $15, so that is the next best option during the current sale. InfiniTREE is $9 upgrade and InfiniGRASS $15 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE, so make sure to put in a separate order after get the sky for example.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.6c has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

v1.9.9.6c
    - Added deferred shader option ("InfiniGRASS Directional Wind ROOF Deferred") for the case where pure deferred shading may be required, e.g. if using certain ambient occlusion assets. The shader is the first Beta version and will be WIP for some more time until the final release.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    ODINKONG likes this.
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

30. creat327

creat327

Anyone knows how's performance on mobile with a big unity terrain? I have a 4kmx4km terrain that I want to put grass on and I was thinking of using this package. But I don't know how the performance would be on a mobile android phone.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

HI,

I have not tested on so big terrain, the asset increases performance a lot with batching, the issue is the LODing, RAM usage and distance checks on mobile, so one thing you can do is make multiple grass managers and enable-disable them in a grid, so those distance checks and enable-disable of LODs will be much less locally than handle all map at once.

The coming v2.0 solves a lot of those issues by creating this grid automatically and also uses pooling so only one batched brush is needed in RAM, which also helps a lot.

So for vast mobile terrains would recommend the coming v2.0, so not have to do lot of manual extra optimize for v1.x

32. creat327

creat327

when is v2.0 coming out?

Also is there any public APK we could use to test on a common android device? (no high end)

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

I plan v2.0 for early July and working currently on a mobile demo for it, so hopefully will have both very soon.

Note that the main purpose of v2.0 is to stream grass, so the performance seen locally will extend to any size of world, even infinite.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is a few demos of the system on desktop for reference, until the mobile one is available

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) and HDRP WIP, run time grass planting and manipulation.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  36. suckerPunchen77

suckerPunchen77

Hi

For how long is the summer sale offer last ?

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, the Unity sale for week one ends today, 28th.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  38. creat327

creat327

Any estimates on when do we have the mobile APK demo?
    It's an expensive package and it's on discount, but if the APK demo is coming in a few days, the package will be even more expensive and there is no way for us to test it on mobile right now.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Unfortunately the demo need a lot of work specific to mobile, so wont be ready until this sale is over, i work on it though and should come sometime next weeks hopefully.

If you want i can make an offer to get my Sky Master ULTIMATE and InfiniTREE assets for $1 each if purchase the InfiniGRASS, so you will get multiple times worth of the system. Let me know and will enable the offer asap.

InfiniCLOUD, Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in Unity asset store Summer SALE !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is a $15 upgrade from Ethereal or InfiniGRASS for the duration of the sale !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE upgrades to InfiniTREE ($9) - Advanced FX Creator ($9) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($9) Sun Shafts SRP Beta ($1) - Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($1)

Asset Store links

40. creat327

creat327

ok, sounds fair, i bought the infinigrass

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, let me know the invoice in PM and will enable the offer asap

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

43. creat327

creat327

Thanks
    yeah, they run pretty slow right now. What device do you use for testing?

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Samsung S8, bought around 4 years back. I get 55 to 60fps in landscape (worst case scenario)

Note this is also the desktop shader, i have not done any work on a mobile version for v2.0 yet

Attached Files:

45. creat327

creat327

Yep but that example doesn't seem to have much grass either. I compared it to a default terrain with grass and couldn't see much improvement in performance. The idea is to have a full terrain covered in grass and compare it with terrain vs infinigrass on mobile. And not need a high end device for it to run fine since the game needs to also run on top with infinigrass at the same time.

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

The issue is that if you target less than a high end mobile, like mine which was high end 4 years back, then i am not sure you can indeed have so much grass as a viable solution. The mobile hardware is just not good enough for that purpose in general.

Any gamer that would expect to see amazing graphics on mobile would go with the latest tech, which at this point should be vastly faster than my 4 years old Samsung.

I am still working on this demo, so next steps are to make a full terrain as you describe and also a lightweight shader version for mobile and see how it compares. The grass in quality is way above Unity terrain one as it is not a simple billboard, thus is a bit heavier but can look better from above for example. So generally comparing the two is not directly possible.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  48. littlePonyLane

littlePonyLane

Hi, is there a URP version of the asset ?

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, you can send me the invoice in a PM and will send the HDRP and URP projects asap

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tile based real time planting WIP, new demo and controller script coming in next version of InfiniGRASS.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021