Search Unity

[ON $20 SALE!✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I´d like the 2.0 version please.

Edit:
    Sorry, coul´nd resist ;)

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Send me the invoice in PM and I will send a PM with the voucher asap.

3. yotingo

yotingo

Hi Nasos,

I'm trying to implement something like a lawn mower. How would I remove grass that makes contact with the 'lawn mower' object?

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Need to remove it completely immediately, or first make it stepped down and then remove ?

The former should be easy, with unregistering the grass from the Grass Manager and erasing it, like it is done in the erase of grass in the editor (would need some coding to port to run time though, but all the code is there and i can help with a sample script too if needed). The other would be more tricky, as it means making the grass fully interactive, which is more performance heavy and then would need to synchronize the various actions.

In the coming v2.0 i implement runtime erase directly and also this uses the pool, so you don't create, destroy or batch objects during the process, for the ultimate performance. Also there is permanent shape changing (grass combing, shape changing, type changing with multitexture etc) which can be used at the shader level as well (for more precision erase of grass, even in very big batches from the pool system).

yotingo likes this.
  5. yotingo

yotingo

The v2.0 system sounds the best for my situation but, in the meantime, just removing grass immediately should be enough.

I'll see what I can figure out with the grass erase from the editor.

Thanks!

6. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Just forget it, do player characters can cut grass and trees in v2 ?

ftejada likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is grass erase and painting in run time. Then depends on the level of detail needed.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS with Sky Master ULTIMATE

NEW OFFER - FREE ASSETS with InfiniGRASS purchase

Buy InfiniGRASS and get either a Sky Master voucher (upgradable to SkyMaster ULTIMATE for $10), or a Advanced FX Creator voucher or an InfiniTREE voucher.

Sky Master vouchers left: 0/2
    InfiniTREE vouchers left: 1/2
    Advanced FX Creator vouchers left: 2/2

Post here and send the invoice in PM to receive one of the free vouchers.

InfiniGRASS is on -35% lower price for a limited time !!! ($39 vs $60)
    Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -23% lower price for a limited time !!! ($69 vs $90)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    twobob likes this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Top down grass with InfiniGRASS

InfiniGRASS is on -35% lower price for a limited time !!! ($39 vs $60)
    Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -23% lower price for a limited time !!! ($69 vs $90)

twobob likes this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

ISSUE in Unity 2018.3 and Fix

In Unity 2018.3 the assets get instantiated as prefabs without breaking linkage, thus produces an error when painting grass.

To fix the error, in InfiniGRASSManagerEditor.cs script the following must be changed

Search for "PrefabUtility.InstantiatePrefab" and replace it with "Instantiate" in all instances found.

These changes solves the error. I will upload an updated version for Unity 2018.3 to the store too asap with the fix applied.

twobob likes this.
  11. paulindrome

paulindrome

Evaluating a purchase of this asset for a project at work. The project is a pre-visualization application for a large city building project in a single scene (with both overview, first person and VR capabilities) and thus requires a fair bit of reckless optimization to make it run well enough in spite of all the building models not being optimized for the project because the studio making them is specialized in architecture, not game asset creation.
    (My colleague and I are the third team of developers in this project's 5 years of production so we have to work with, or rather AROUND, what we got. The basic demand is: "Make it better, more beautiful AND more performant.")

It's not as bad as it sounds, really. It's a lot of fun. But there's a couple brain-dead decisions that've been made in the past the fallout of which we need to work ourselves out of now. :D:confused:o_O:rolleyes:
    (For example: Someone made the decision to use DX11 water and grass assets while it was clear very early on that the client would like the option for an iPad version.)

So here's a couple check boxes we'd need checked:
    • platforms: PC, iPad
    • LOD capabilities
    • low performance cost (especially because VR)
    • semi-realistic grass types or even custom grass types (the client has a thing about the grass...)
    • culling capabilities (loooooots of grass all across the scene, sprinkled and dense)
    • easy to use, quick to setup in a clustered project
    What do you say? :)

12. Sam512

Sam512

Is it just me or some grasses don't react to player?

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The current version should work on all systems and give a good performance boost. The coming v2.0 is also even more optimized in many ways and most would work on all platforms, one optimization requires SM3.0 hardware.

Also v2.0 will be able to plant very fast and has a easy to use brush editor and much more, i hope to have Beta soon

NUKKschocke likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Interaction depends on Stop motion distance variable

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  16. RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Hello,

I am a new user of this (just downloaded earlier today) and have some questions. If they are answered already in a FAQ, feel free to point me there :)

1) I'm having trouble regrowing grass where InfiniGrass is used in an additive scene. Is there something special I need to do? Here is a video.

2) On some of the shaders, I get errors like "Shader error in 'InfiniGRASS/Vertex Grass': invalid subscript 'posWorld' at line 454 (on d3d11)". I'm not using those, but would prefer not to have shader errors if possible.

3) Is there any way to paint grass such that it more evenly places the grass? IE, prevent editor from dropping many grass blocks right in a row while dragging?

4) Finally, beyond the editor view distance slider, are there any other good performance tips? Such as a way to temporarily decrease density only in editor? I'm on a very capable machine, but it becomes almost unusable with grass on in the editor, even when distance is tuned down (fine in-game though!)

Thank you!

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I will check the additive thing, not sure on this, though i see that grass is registered as gives the gizmo where was painted.

You can also send me the scene to debug. As first step try to see if grass appears in play mode and also press the button that recreates the grass to see if appears.

About #2, i will check, these are probably legacy shaders not used, i will see if there is few i missed from removing warnings

About #3, you can use mass plant or define the interval that grass is painted when press and hold-drag paint (versus click and paint once). This is defined in grass manager in Grass brush settings.

About #4, you can use multiple grass managers to cover areas, thus you can ungrow the ones not work on. This eliminates any overhead and that can also be used in game start if too much grass, can choose to enable each gradually so goes easier on RAM when grass is first created, this had solved some similar issue in other clients that had asked about that.

Let me know if these help and for any further details and help needed.

In coming v2.0 there is an automatic handling of multiple creation of grass managers and handling, and pooling so use minimal RAM (only for 1st model of each grass type, so least that can be)

18. RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Thank you for your fast response!

Distance Slider: The distance slider does help a lot, although it seems capped pretty low (At a 1:1 world scale, the max value of "20" isn't 20 meters... it's like 2 inches between grass objects. But still that does help)

Density Performance: I'm having a lot of trouble filling even a small area with dense grass. Even at this amount of grass, the editor becomes unresponsive:

Looking at the profiler, when set to generate dense grass, this addon generates so many objects, there's just no way the editor can be responsive with it enabled. I'm actually impressed it handles it fine in run-time.

For the above placement:

game objects in scene: 4,688 -> 544,132
    total objects in scene: 20,431 -> 1,715,711

So, maybe there is something I am missing or doing wrong. I want to create an area of dense grass in a performance-friendly way.

Mass Plant: Looks like a great tool, but I'm painting on a mesh environment and it doesn't look like it supports that. It's a relatively small area, too, so if I could resolve the performance problem, by hand is fine.

Additive Scene: Those didn't resolve the issue for me, but here's the scene file if it helps.

v2: Sounds useful and something I might check out as long as it doesn't change to a one-license-per-seat model (flat fee is why I chose this asset to try first). Although I still would need to get v1 to work in a small area first before looking into upgrading ;)

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

If the grass is too dense it might give issue, to make dense cheaper try to use the base grass with a texture and not the more complex mesh model grass that consumes more memory and also make sure that density is not too much, that is not overlap a lot and have not necessary detail that could be avoided.

At run time the original objects can be eliminated as option to reduce object count in scene as well further, this is not possible in editor time though as it would disable editing (grass is batched from original individual objects)

I will do checks about the additive scene issue and get back on this asap. Also refine further the Distance slider for all distances.

Mass plant can be used in mesh terrains too, you have to assign "PPaint" tag on the mesh and enable the paint on meshes option in Grass manager, then define rectangle of planting above the mesh terrain and should plant the grass type you have chose (but wont plant based on splat map as this is not existing)

RobbyZ likes this.
  20. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

hi @nasos_333 I want to put grass all over my terrain , isn't there an option to place grass automatically as it's going to take a lot of time to paint it manually . I tried the corner things and I couldn't do it correctly .
    * I also tested the grass in my mobile and it didn't look as cool as in the editor .

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

The current version can use the Mass Plant, the corners need to be above the terrain to work, as there is a downwards raycast, so that might be the issue. Also Corner B must be X,Z above corner A.

About mobile, try to increase Unity quality setting, maybe there is lower setting in build than in editor there, otherwise should look similar, if not let me know how it looks in screenshot and i can investigate further. Also let me know which material - shader you use.

22. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

@nasos_333 thanks for your quick reply , ill try that out and let you know :D
    for the shader I didn't change anything , i'm using the default one :)?

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have not tested the main shader on mobile, only the mobile variant, but should work ok is my guess, probably is something in settings of mobile build, i will do some tests asap and get back on this.

24. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

really appreciate your work <3

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

IMPORTANT note on Unity 2018.3

When creating a new brush and open the prefab, the new way prefabs are handled updates the prefab state and creates error when prefab is used in the Grass Manager. I have created a patch that is available directly (send me invoice in PM and will send patch asap).

Also just submitted the v1.9.3 of the system that corrects this issue, will be in the store sometimes next week and i recommend upgrade to it to make new brushes the proper way.

twobob and ftejada like this.
  26. jamesnw

jamesnw

I like the tool, but why am I forced to tag with "PPaint"? I don't see any other way around this (short of modifying your code). I have a layer called "blocks" and I tag each block with the block type (it's not a terrain). The blocks tagged "grass" I want to paint (on the top). Of course, it only works when using the "PPaint" tag, as the instructions say, but I don't want your hard-coded tag - how do I change that?

Suggestions:
    I also noticed that I had to hunt down and edit the shader, as the grass was moving way to fast. I first thought that the 'Wind' options would work, but they do not seem to do anything. It would be nice to have options under 'Wind' to affect the shader instead of having to edit it, but not a huge deal.

On another note, your mass planting seems limited to terrain only. It would be nice to include any objects other than terrain (perhaps via user-defined tags, and paint based on an angle mask [top-down]).

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I chose PPaint so is different than other tags, but is easy to add option to choose the tag name, i will consider for next version.

You can use mass plant on meshes too, but will plant only one plant type each time, as it lacks the Unity terrain splat map information.

About wind, you can indeed fine tune each material with the parameters not affected by the global wind, this is for tweaking each grass separately. In the coming v2.0 i will have per material wind setup variables as well, so wont need to tweak the material direct.

Note that the PPaint thing is so that you can paint on multiple object scene and not paint everywhere, other than that is not required so maybe i add an option to paint at will without control or choose which layers too, i will add this in v2.0 as well.

twobob likes this.
  28. jroma17171

jroma17171

Sending a PM with my invoice, thanks!

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

NEW BIG OFFER !!!

Buy InfiniGRASS and receive a free Sky Master voucher, upgradeable to Sky Master ULTIMATE !!!

While vouchers last. Post here and send a PM with the invoice to receive the free vouchers.

Sky Master vouchers left: 1/2

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

IMPORTANT note on Unity 2018.3

When creating a new brush and open the prefab, the new way prefabs are handled updates the prefab state and creates error when prefab is used in the Grass Manager. I have handled the issue by not updating the script when it is open in prefab open mode.

The new v1.9.3 of the system that handles this issue, and is now up in Unity Asset Store.
    I recommend upgrading to this new version to make new brushes the proper way in latest Unity versions.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -50% lower price for a limited time !!! ($34 vs $68)
    InfiniGRASS is on -33% lower price for a limited time !!! ($40 vs $60)

Enjoy :)

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

BIG OFFER !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and receive InfiniGRASS voucher or Toon Effects Maker voucher which is upgradeable to InfiniGRASS for only $5 !!!

Or buy InfiniGRASS and get a free Sky Master voucher, upgradeable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $5 !!!​

While vouchers last. Post here and send a PM with the invoice to receive the free vouchers.

InfiniGRASS vouchers left: 1/1
    Toon Effects Maker vouchers left: 3/5
    Sky Master vouchers left: 1/1

33. InfiniteMonkey

InfiniteMonkey

Wow, InfiniGrass looks absolutely amazing! I've been burned before though, so I just want to check if it'l work with my use case. My game currently looks like this:
    20190418-1.png
    I would like to add nice grass on all the grassy tiles. The tiles are generated programmatically when the game runs, so I won't be able to 'paint' anything in the editor, I'll need to rely on some form of programmatic generation. Is that possible? Also, the tile texture and road texture are separate - the road texture is added as a decal, so if I'm sampling the texture to decide where grass should go, I'd need to take both textures into account, or come up with some other approach. Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated!

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system can place grass at run time. The choice is between putting all in one manager, and paint through that at run time (all grass registers there) or prefab a manager, its grass (in ungrown mode) and a tile and instantiate it for every tile.

The latter will allow to better manager the tiles and wont need any programming in run time.

There is few upsides and downsides with each method, e.g. if use one manager can batch more grass at once, while with each tile approach you can only have per tile batched grass. Also creating grass at run time uses resources to do batching when first appear in game, so if many tiles appear at once would be an issue.

The coming v2.0 will allow run time placement with zero overhead and RAM consumption or batching because uses a new pooling system.

35. InfiniteMonkey

InfiniteMonkey

Thanks for that. Any idea with v2.0 will be released?

36. farzaan090

farzaan090

Hi,

I would like to claim the free Sky Master voucher! I just bought InfinitiGrass this morning. Just sent you a PM as well.

Also, is it possible to change the color on the stock grass prefab assets that come with Infinigrass? I really enjoy the look and wind but changing the tint alone doesn't seem to effectively change the color of the base grass. I would like to make the grass orange or teal, etc.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

hi

Yes, you can change the global color in the material itself, there is no entry in Grass Manager for this, is planned for next version as well.

I will send the Sky Master voucher in PM asap

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

I finalize the brush editor currently and plan the beta for next month

ftejada likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

BIG OFFER !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and receive InfiniGRASS voucher or Toon Effects Maker voucher which is upgradeable to InfiniGRASS for only $5 !!!

Or buy InfiniGRASS and get a free Sky Master voucher, upgradeable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $5 !!!​

InfiniGRASS vouchers left: 1/1
    Toon Effects Maker vouchers left: 3/5
    Sky Master vouchers left: 1/1

Buy InfiniGRASS and get Sky Master ULTIMATE for $15 !!!!! (versus $68).
    (receive a free voucher for Global Illumination Proxy which is upgradeable to Sky Master ULTIMATE)

Global Illumination Proxy vouchers left: 2/2

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Special treat for InfiniGRASS thread readers, free assets !!!

ASV-A46U-F7TW-FGWX-N6GL-FHD3
    InfiniGRASS - Volume Grass

Also Global Illumination Proxy asset, upgradable to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $15 !!!!

ASV-FR3A-PC3G-34KJ-NCDV-KCRJ
    Global Illumination Proxy

Rockwall33 and johaswe like this.
  41. creat327

creat327

it says invalid code for the free assets

42. creat327

creat327

I don't see on the links or the store sky master ultimate water

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I am not sure, maybe someone used the codes already, that is why see as invalid. I will check and get back.

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, from what i see the InfiniGRASS was redeemed yesterday, so that one was already taken probably.

I can send a voucher upgradable to InfiniGRASS for $5 if you want or a new Global Illumination Proxy one (or both :) ), let me know in PM

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS
    Sky Master ULTIMATE

BIG OFFER !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and get InfiniGRASS for only $5 !!! versus $40 normal price.
    (receive a free voucher for Toon Effects Maker which is upgradeable to InfiniGRASS)

Toon Effects Maker vouchers left: 2/2

Post here and send a PM with the invoice to receive the free vouchers.

46. creat327

creat327

Hi
    I'm looking for the package "sky master ultimate water"
    I've searched for all water assets on the store and I can't find anything with that name done by sky master.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I dont have a separate water asset, it is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Also free InfiniGRASS voucher !!! for one lucky user !!! :)

ASV-CUFV-ALCY-97UH-RTYK-XKRK

50. MrArcher

MrArcher

I've redeemed this code, thanks a million!