Search Unity

Question New laptop GPU

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by rmele09, Mar 13, 2023.

1. rmele09

rmele09

I’m getting a new laptop for an HDRP project and need to know if it supports all of HDRP features. It’s an AMD gpu so I’m worried about raytracing support. I know that it won’t support DLSS either, is that a big deal? I do not have a high budget, so don’t flame me LOL. The project will be a first person shooter for Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 and PC. I may end up getting a better laptop towards the end of development, but for now I’m eyeing the Asus Tuf a16 that has an AMD gpu Radeon rx 7700s 120w, 8GB. Is this a bad idea? I believe this is similar to a geforce 3060 in comparison, maybe a little faster. The game has pretty high end 3d visuals, but not quite AAA as I am developing on an 8 year old 960m currently that does not even support volumetric lighting but the tech demo looks impressive so far.

Anyways, is this GPU a mistake?
    Do I need to go nvidia for HDRP?

2. akent99

akent99

3. rmele09

rmele09

Thank you for that, I couldn’t find it! So I’m assuming I’d be fine, I believe the 7700 series is like the new gen of the 6700 that is listed, but maybe those are desktop cards? Not sure exactly, but thank you for the link.