Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug New issue with articulation body leaves moving weirdly

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Qleenie, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Qleenie

Qleenie

Hi,

I encountered some strange behavior in our Articulation Body setup after upgrading to 2023.2.10 (from 2023.2.5).
    It seems that the articulation body which is the first leaf in the body hierarchy does move erratically. I was to some extend able to reproduce in a test project, which I just send in as a bug report (IN-69321); in this report, the very first leaf behaves different compared to symmetrical other leaves.
    In our project, the body on the very first leaf also goes out of its relative position.
    Has there been changes in Physics3D? I did not see any mentioning in the release notes of the versions 2023.2.6 - 2023.2.10.
    Also, there is an error in the console whenever I open an Articulation Body in the Editor: "type is not a enum value".

Edit: it might be that the issue existed also in earlier versions, as I remember having same problem on another articulation which was not explainable, but I looked now into this and saw that it's again the very first leaf of the Articulation hierarchy which was causing the issue. Again, the tree was symmetric with both sides having exactly same settings, but the first one behaving different.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024