Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New isometric tilemap sorting issue

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by zulfajuniadi, Sep 12, 2018.

1. zulfajuniadi

zulfajuniadi

I've downloaded the new 2018.3.0b1 beta and added the isometric tilemap onto the scene. Tried tinkering with the values but I can't get the tile sorting correct. Here's an animated gif of my best effort, as you can see the corner towers are overlapping:

https://i.gyazo.com/c526a59381f394161307235a4fb59742.gif

Is there a way to fix this?

2. SirStompsalot

SirStompsalot

I've been encountering what I believe is the same issue.

zulfajuniadi likes this.
  3. SirStompsalot

SirStompsalot

4. o1o1o1o1o2

o1o1o1o1o2

but it not fix chunk mode? chunk mode work incorrect on isometric tilemap even all tiles on the same atlas and on the same z https://ibb.co/3dQNTXR Безымянный.jpg

5. eyee

eyee

I have the same issue. Fix does not work. This happends also if only 1 type of tile is used.

mikapote likes this.
  6. mikapote

mikapote

Yep, same issue here, with 1 type of tile used.

7. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, if you could send your reproduction project through the Unity Bug Reporter, that would be helpful!

Also, please post the bug case number here (and just that number), thanks!

8. eightpoundgorilla

eightpoundgorilla

Hi, I followed the suggestions in post #3674053 mentioned above and I'm having the same issues as well. I went ahead and submitted a bug report:

Case 1127579

9. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Thanks! Will check out the case!

10. eightpoundgorilla

eightpoundgorilla

11. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

The fix for this is also in 2019.1.0b09.

12. o1o1o1o1o2

o1o1o1o1o2

Artifacts gone in isometric tilemap, but it seem like transparency sort axis have no any effect on sorting order in chunk mode, and it still not sorting correctly when z as y.

13. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Yes, the transparency sort axis will not have any effect on the sorting order of Tiles with the TilemapRenderer in Chunk Mode. When using Isometric Z as Y, Individual mode is referred to get the sorting of other Renderers with the Tiles.

14. Re2Go

Re2Go

This almost completely defeats the purpose of using a tilemap, and is not consistent with behavior in other engines (including my own non-unity tilemap implementations).

There is really no reason that chunk mode sorting shouldn't work, barring an inherently flawed architecture

15. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

In Chunk mode, the Tiles are sorted based on a simple sort order set in the TilemapRenderer.

The transparency sort mode/axis is a property specific to the rendering Camera/s, even though this is usually set through the Graphics Settings. With the possibility of multiple Cameras having multiple modes of sorting and sorting axes, there would be plenty of sorting configurations for each Tilemap, hence the simple sort order.