Search Unity

[FREE] Introducing Amplify Occlusion 2 – Ground Truth Ambient Occlusion, up to 2X faster!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Apr 21, 2016.

1. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Yes, there's a difference with cache aware. It's no longer a halo effect, it's complete double vision.

What am I missing to not get buggy single pass stereo here? I've upgraded to Unity 2017.1 now and the issue remains.

2. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

You're not missing anything, it's a known Unity issue, apologies for not making myself clear in the last post.

We will let you know as soon as we have a viable workaround, thank you for your understanding!

3. StaffanEk

StaffanEk

Why did you decide to make a WebPlayer demo? Does this not work with OpenGL ES 3.0 and WebGL?

4. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello!

We only used WebPlayer since at the time we've put that demo online WebGL wasn't as reliable.

Amplify Occlusion does support OpenGL ES 3.0 or higher, required for Android devices, and WebGL should work, it really depends on the browser.

You may download our fully functional trial version to test it on your side since the demo is included in the trial package.

Thank you for your interest!

StaffanEk likes this.
  5. StaffanEk

StaffanEk

Thanks for the info.

6. castor76

castor76

In regarding to the cache aware optimization, is there any reason not to use it? Does it have other performance consideration if not used correctly?

I have tried to figure out when to use it and not. What is pros and cons of using this option?

Also is there any performance gain by not using the fade option?

I am using deferred option and post effect apply method. Should I make my per pixel normals based on Camera , Gbuffer or Gbuffer encoded? What is Gbuffer encoded and when should I be using it?

Sorry about spamming questions here :D

Thanks

ekergraphics likes this.
  7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Back-to school Sale!

Get Amplify Occlusion for only $12.50.

Amplify Occlusion - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project.

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed reply, there might have been an issue on our side in regards to forum notifications.

The Cache Aware option is a specific optimization ideal for higher resolutions, particularly when using a large radius value. It might be detrimental to overall performance when used on low resolution applications.

There's no performance gain by not using the fade option.

GBuffer is required for the Defered method.

GBuffer Encoded is a specific optimization that, at the cost of some visual fidelity, could reduce memory use and slightly improve AO performance. Regardless, the default value should work well for most projects.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

castor76 likes this.
  9. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Cold Waters is inspired by the 1988 classic “Red Storm Rising”, command a nuclear submarine in a desperate attempt to prevent “mutually assured destruction” when the Cold War gets hot and WWIII begins.

Striking visuals envelop this realistic naval simulator, providing an intense and immersive atmosphere that is amplified by Amplify Bloom, Amplify Color and Amplify Occlusion, three premium Unity3D image effects that work great together!

Amplify Bloom - Asset Store Page
    Amplify Color - Asset Store Page

Fully Functional Trial Versions - Download

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

10. castor76

castor76

Amplify should really make these three packages into one super awesome and more optimized streamed master version! That would be super awesome. I use all of three packages too!

11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Something along those lines will be available soon. We were actually working on a free package similar to the new effects stack but, given that the new one is officially supported by Unity, we had to change our development plan, else it would have been already released.

Thanks!

12. castor76

castor76

Cool. But Amplify ones are way cooler.. than untiy ones. Otherwise why would I use them ! :D

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks, that means a lot to us!

14. victorkin11

victorkin11

Hi! I just buy AmlifyOcclusion.

When I apply 2 AmlifyOcclusion in same camera, I find out the second one will overwrite the first one, because I use other AO post effect, I can combine more than one AO use different Radius to get the best result(Yes, I know it cost alot of gpu power), it is possible do the same thing in AmlifyOcclusion?

The picture show two different AO, I want to combine it.
    small_Screen-2017-09-10_05-08-34.jpg small_Screen-2017-09-10_05-09-24.jpg

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Occlusion, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, adding more than 1 AO component to the same camera is currently not possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

16. victorkin11

victorkin11

Thank for your answer.
    I try to use distance fade second Radius start 0 & fade length to far far away to get the similar effect.

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

No problem, be sure to let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!

18. katsuyuki_suzuki

katsuyuki_suzuki

hello.
    i bought amplify occlusion and thank you for your good asset.

when i enable Down Sample, then there are strange line in iPhone.
    i know same kind of question in this forum, but i still don't know how to solve it.

i appreciate your help.

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it. It's a known issue, we'll have to run a few additional tests on our side. Can you send us a sample with the problem present? Any additional information such as device used, AO settings, or Unity version, would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

20. katsuyuki_suzuki

katsuyuki_suzuki

thank you for you replay.

unity version 5.6.1 personal
    iPhone 6+
    iOS 10.3.3

スクリーンショット 2017-09-18 9.27.46.png スクリーンショット 2017-09-18 11.07.34.png

side lines on objects.
    IMG_5826.PNG

thank you for your supports.

21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information, we will run a few additional tests and get back to you as soon as possible.

22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Black Friday Sale!

Don't miss out, get Amplify Occlusion for only $12.50.

Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project.

23. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Liftoff is a game that translates the rush of first-person view drone racing to the digital world, developed by the game developer LuGus Studios and drone manufacturers ImmersionRC and FatShark. It features realistic drone physics, recommended by top drone pilots in the world. Flying a drone in the game feels so real, you’ll forget it isn’t.

Explore new environments or race one another in the ultimate First-Person Drone Racing game, with visuals that make great use of Amplify Bloom, Amplify Color, Amplify Motion and Amplify Occlusion for an immersive experience!

Amplify Bloom - Asset Store Page
    Amplify Motion - Asset Store Page
    Amplify Occlusion [50% OFF] - Asset Store Page

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

24. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hi! Is it possible that we will get Amplify's AO version integrated into Post-processing stack v2?

v2 is great (fog is a must + color grading is superb + decent motion blur (Amoplify's Motion was jittery in combination with Screen Space Shadows in my test case)) but your AO is the best and I would love to use it on the v2 stack.

25. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, thank you for the kind words!

I can't confirm the integration of AO in Unity's Post Processing Stack, perhaps in the future.

Amplify Occlusion can be used in conjunction with the post stack, as it applies the effect at a specific stage regardless of image effect order.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  26. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I believe AO (even the one currently in Unity's post-processing stack v2) isn't ever really integrated into the stack, at least, not from the perspective that you get any performance savings. I've seen that point mentioned in other AO asset threads.

27. shamsfk

shamsfk

That's interesting. I thought the whole stack was made the way it was made to have performance benefits of combining multiple shaders.

28. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Ideally, as much of the stack's effects are combined in such a way as possible, but SSAO solutions can't be integrated that way, from what I've read from AO asset implementers. I want to respect this thread by not linking to competing asset threads, but if you search some of the AO asset threads on this forum, you'll see what I've seen.

29. Cicaeda

Cicaeda

Is there an ETA on when Single Pass Stereo will be working for this Asset? Is this issue actively being worked on? I've tried it in 2017.3 with no luck, and it's a pretty big dealbreaker for VR use.

ekergraphics likes this.
  30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed reply, holiday seasons are always a bit hectic.

The way Amplify Occlusion works, it can be used in conjunction with Unity's post-processing stack as it applies the effect at a specific stage regardless of image effect order. There's no perceived gain, so to speak, in actually adding it to the stack.

As for Single-Pass Stereo support, it's high on our list but, unfortunately, we currently can't offer you an ETA.

Thanks!

chiapet1021 likes this.
  31. sledgeman

sledgeman

It seems like, WebGL doesn´t work. I tried many options without success. Does anybody also have these issues with WebGL + Amplify Occlusion ?

Robko75 likes this.
  32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there,

It really depends on the actual Unity and Browser version. What are you currently using?

Thanks!

33. sledgeman

sledgeman

I am using U5.64 and the newest Chrome Browser.

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information, we ran a few tests and it seems to be running as expected. I'm not entirely sure what could be causing the issue, can you provide a simple project sample for further testing?

Any additional information regarding your project, camera and occlusion settings, that could possible help us identify the issue would be extremely welcome.

Thanks!

35. sameng

sameng

Any update on this?
    I am running into the same issue. Dark lines all over the screen when downsampling is on. Only shows up in the mobile build.

Downsampling is needed for higher performance, so this makes amplify occlusion unusable on mobile right now.

36. sledgeman

sledgeman

Okay, i got everything for you Devs to check whats going on with WebGL. Should i use "support@amplify.pt" to: "Ricardo", Subject: "Amplify Occlusion, WebGL". I guess this are enough informations....right ?

37. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Yes, that would be great.
    Thanks!

38. sledgeman

sledgeman

All right. Just sended it to: "support@amplify.pt"
    "Amplify Occlusion, WebGL" , foward to: Ricardo. (16.01.18 , 1:15h)

It contains everything you need, to do a test and figure out, what maybe i done wrong, or whats going on with webGL.

39. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks, we'll get back to you as soon as we test it.

40. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

As note to other users, the issue has been identified. Be sure to use WebGL 2.0 for image effects such as Amplify Occlusion.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks!

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Apologies for the delayed reply, we were trying to push for a fix before we got back to you but, unfortunately, we haven't found a viable solution yet.

We'll keep you posted on any related developments.

Thanks!

42. alexandyr

alexandyr

I am seeing the same issue with similar settings on Nintendo Switch. Seems to be mainly related to having "Downsample" checked, which is unfortunate because un-checking it results in a significant hit to frame rate.

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we'll run a few tests on the Switch and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

44. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Dimension Drive is an intense space shoot ’em up that challenges you to fight across two battlefields on one splitscreen. Instantly switch between them to dodge waves of bullets, reach secret areas, or surprise your enemies. Play solo or turn it up to 11 with a local co-op partner to give your enemies hell when you team up on one screen, or split up to grab as much loot as possible.

Fight through a richly detailed sci-fi adventure and unfold the secrets of the Dimension Drives in an amplified experience that makes use of Amplify Color and Amplify Occlusion, two premium Unity3D image effects that take your game to the next level!

45. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Holdfast: Nations At War is a competitive multiplayer first and third person shooter set during the great Napoleonic Era with over 150 players per server! Play as a Captain, Sailor, Line Infantry and more! Every class comes with its own traits and roles which are crucial for your team’s survival.

Take part in historic clashes on land and at sea waged by the most powerful nations during the great Napoleonic Era, with detailed visuals enhanced by Amplify Occlusion!

46. MobileDevice

MobileDevice

Hi,

First, thanks a lot for this asset, we bought it a few days ago and we're really happy of the way it improved our apps!

Nevertheless, we have some trouble using your asset on iOS device with Metal. Our app is a VR one and we've got some glitches : our transparent materials are always displayed, even if they're hidden behind a wall for example.
    Do you know what can cause this? Is it our bad or an error that you're aware of?

Many thanks.

47. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello!

The issue is likely to be unrelated to the Ambient Occlusion effect, but due to the shaders being used for your transparent materials and a Unity limitation regarding how it handles depth and depth normals.

In order to ensure that depth normals are written correctly you must set the properties used on your shaders for transparency to have the same name as the ones used by the Unity internal depth shader ( e.g. Color and MainTex ).

For the purpose of providing an example, we've had to deal with a similar issue on Amplify Shader Editor where the Depth Normals weren't being correctly written, and the solution was to create the Texture Sampler and Color nodes while setting them as properties and their names as MainTex and Color respectively, as per the image below:

For this to work, both the property names had to be the same as used those used in Unity, and the usage of each node's alpha channel to create the Opacity mask had to be setup in that exact way.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

LAST CALL!
    Quick heads up for anyone interested in adding Amplify Shader Editor or any of our other products to their collection, the Unity Asset Store MADNESS SALE ends today!

Now is the best time to get our packages at half price!

MADNESS SALE - Amplify Products at 50% OFF

49. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Hi!
    I use amplify occlusion and it looks amazing, but I have a problem: I have flowers and packaging. I need shading on flowers, but it's superfluous for packing.
    Please tell me whether it is possible to disable the effect for a particular object (for example, for a particular layer)

50. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for the kind words!

Unfortunately, there's no built-in masking feature in Amplify Occlusion, however, it does offer a distance based fade option. Have you considered using a multi-camera setup?