Search Unity

New input system package does not send key events when launching with the "-parentHWND" argument

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Lunatix, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Lunatix

Lunatix

I'm hosting a Unity application into a WPF "HwndHost". Unfortunately when doing this, the new input system package does not send any keyboard events.

However, using the old input system works without any issues. I have also tested this with the "EmbeddedWindow" project found in the documentation (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html).

Is there something I have to do to get this working or is this simply a bug / not supported?

2. Chrueschsch1e

Chrueschsch1e

I am having the exact same problem. Would be very glad to know if there is a way around that, or if we need to wait for a fix in the future...

3. mokserpent

mokserpent

I meet this same problem , do you guys find any solution to fixed it ??

4. joachimally

joachimally

5. leduc232

leduc232

Have the same issue. When Unity start, the new input system works fine. When it lose the focus, it just stop responding and I tried several ways to give back the focus to Unity and it just won't happen.

Until I find a fix, I am passing key input through a two way named pipeline and the mouse input from the Unity Input system.