Search Unity

1. How has 2019.2 and the beta been for you so far? Give us feedback in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We would like to hear your feedback about Unity and our products. Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

New Input System - Mobile integration

Discussion in 'New Input System' started by Obikson, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Obikson

Obikson

I'm trying to implement new input system for mobile device. Problem is that I need some info about setting up layout and binding. I've successfully created keyboard/mouse bindings, setted up some GUI for mobile device that is showing values of pressed input keys, but android device (6.0 Marshmallow) is not registreing any input on debug GUI. Are there any docs, tuts for Mobiles with new input system? Or any advice, or experience?

This is layout settings for Mobile
    touchInput.PNG
    Player settings
    playersettings.PNG

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, we still have some way to go here -- both in terms of docs but also in terms of code. It's high on the list of stuff to get tackled next, though.

We do have UIActionInputModule to replace StandaloneInputModule from the legacy system and it does have a certain level of touch support. However, aside from having seen little testing so far, we have a deeper problem ATM with actions in combinations with touch. Touchscreen has seen a number of changes under the hood that basically render actions unable to meaningfully work with the device. This is one of the next things that will get fixed.

When this is all done and proper, all that should be needed is replacing StandaloneInputModule with UIActionInputModule and wiring up some action references. My hope is that we'll eventually have some UI to completely automate that setup, too.