Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

New Input System Knuckles Support?

Discussion in 'New Input System' started by jtslade, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jtslade

jtslade

Is there a timeframe for the new native input system of unity to support the Valve Knuckles controllers?

TY!

Sorry if this has already been asked to death.

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Unity Technologies

Should be working. We have a number of issues around XR so there may still be problems. But the support is there.

3. jtslade

jtslade

Is there a beta update that will have more support? A dev I know for Blade and Sorcery mentioned he was waiting on it to come out for Knuckles support. TY!

4. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    I was looking at Knuckles just on friday. Sadly, support will be a while. The latest Knuckles EV3 models are no longer reporting a number of input features the old OpenVR APIs, and so it's going to have to wait till we update our OpenVR backend to the SteamVRInput 2.0 version, which is on our roadmap, but not immediate. I'm taking them out of the New Input System device layouts for now until we can get them integrated fully.