Search Unity

Bug New Input System is unresponsive on a Pixel 7 Pro when updating the Standalone Input Module

Discussion in 'Input System' started by KoalityGame, Dec 29, 2022.

1. KoalityGame

KoalityGame

I have a weirdly specific bug that I was able to reproduce in a new project from scratch. I am using the latest version of Unity (2022.2.1f1) on a 2021 Macbook Pro. I created a scene with a simple UI Button that when pressed, displays how many times it has been clicked.

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.32.01 AM.png

The Active Input Handling is set to Both. Here is where it gets weird - on the EventSystem game object, the Standalone Input Module displays a message:

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.32.01 AM copy.png

After clicking 'Replace with InputSystemUIInputModule' and testing it on a mobile device, it works fine on other devices except when tested on a Google Pixel 7 Pro. But when removing the new component and reverting it back to the Standalone Input Module, it works as intended on the Pixel 7. What's weirder is that I tested a game using the same setup but built from an older version of Unity and it had no issues on the Pixel 7. I built the same game in the latest version of Unity and the issue arises. The game simply does not respond to any touch input when using the new Input Module built from the latest version of Unity (on a Google Pixel 7). Has anyone else encountered this and can help out with any solutions?

samol2014 likes this.
  2. JoaquimR

JoaquimR

I can confirm that this issue is the same here, as soon as the event system is using InputSystemUIInputModule in unity 2022.2.8f1 the game doesn't work, I have tested on 3 different project and using pixel 7 and 7 pro.
    It is not just this input module, a standalone inputaction work in the same fashion (woks totally fine on most android device, just not on pixel phone)

KoalityGame likes this.
  3. KoalityGame

KoalityGame

Thank you for your comment! I reported this issue to Unity back in January, it has been logged in their issue tracker but unfortunately still has not been fixed.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...sponsive-when-building-for-pixel-7-pro-device

4. DrH1gh

DrH1gh

Still having this issues with Unity 2022.2.18f1 :(
    In works ok on Pixel 3 / 5 and 6 Pro.
    It doesn't work on Pixel 7 Pro.

5. MotionBrain

MotionBrain

Same Problem here. I removed the pen thing in the input System... but it still doenst work!

6. KoalityGame

KoalityGame

A member on my discord mentioned this as a potential fix, could you try it out?

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 1.22.37 PM.png

samol2014 and rfedorovPlarium like this.