Search Unity

Bug New Input System doesn't seem to detect my Gamepad

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Sadyk, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Sadyk

Sadyk

Hi! I am having this weird issue, witch I have seen seems that has been happening to more people, although I haven't found yet a solution online.

I am trying to bind my controller (MSI Force GC20), witch is a Xbox 360 controller for windows, to the actions on the new input system. It works fine in other programs and games, and Unity seems to detect it fine:

upload_2023-3-17_17-30-42.png

As you can see here is listed as a supported device and captures correctly the input events.

But somehow the new input system just doesn't detect it. When I use the "listen" feature it doesn't respond, it is not listed, and even if I manage to bind the event, in game the input is not detected.

I've tried updating the new input system to the latest version (1.4.4), removing from windows system the device and restarting everything, it makes no difference at all. I've been looking for answers online but haven't found anything useful.

Is there anything I am missing?
    Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Sadyk

Sadyk

Okeey... You can just ignore or delete this thread... I just had to add the control scheme and didnt remember this step..