Search Unity

Question New Input System and UI Button select

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Borjabor, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Borjabor

Borjabor

Hello everyone,

Firstly, let me apologize if this was solved somewhere else before, but I couldn't find this specific case, but perhaps I just didn't know how to properly search the forums. In any case, here's my issue:

I'm trying to allow the player to navigate and select UI buttons in a pause menu with mouse, keyboard, and gamepad. While the navigation is working, whenever the player selects and option - like "Resume Game" - Unity, and the build version, freezes completely. It doesn't crash, only freezes. However, the same button works fine if the player simply clicks with a mouse. So, at the moment the menu works if the player just closes it by pressing start/escape or by clicking the option with the mouse.
    I have linked the Pause Menu script I'm using, but I'm not sure what else could be helpful. My setup is a simple UI, with two buttons that call the ResumeGame and Exit methods from the script using the OnClick UnityEvent. I have switched the EventSystems to use the new input system and have hooked it up to the one I made, that is working for my player.
    Anyway, let me know if any more information is needed, or if it is only a matter of setup.

Attached Files: