Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

°New here!°-some question

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by mrm2, Nov 6, 2017.

1. mrm2

mrm2

Hey all,please excuse my bad English!
    Interdiction
    I'm 18 and from South Africa.
    The only programming language I know is Delphi 7 because that's what they tought us at school :( (I feel personally its it's of now use anymore. Not even that powerful)

So game developing was always a dream of mine.We'll...more like I always wanted to make RPG/MMOrpg game's. So I chose unity because it's widely recommended (And it's the only one that runs on my blehh pc)
    Okay so for the question's.(you don't have to answer all)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Is it posable to learn c# while learning unity? If so then what's the best tutorials I can follow with 0 c# experience. I tried starting with with the ball example tutorial. But the explanation of the code was little bit short on explanation.I am able to carry over the basic logic drop my delphi7 school experience. So I understand how all type of variable's work .Also can some one explain to me what void is and a example? Please!

2.let's say I made a character/item in blender with an animation. Will the animation carry over to unity if I import it?

3.Let's say I make a video in Blender will I be able to carry it over into unity and make it play as a cut scene?

4.What is the cheapest available vir headsets I can use?

5. If I'm finished with the game can I freely give it out to my friend's to play /and or post it on sometimes like play store or steam.

6. I know you need to go trough a screening with xbox1 and ps4 before you can release game's for them. But let's say I made a Xbox one game .Will I be able to play it on my personal console?

7. What's the absolute best graphics unity can provide (screen shots are welcome!)

8. I seem to have a problem if I launch it with out connecting to the internet I get a plain white screen,is there a fix for this?

9.Where is the best place I can get free texture's (I know not everything in life is free,that's why I'm happy unity is but I'll use more main stream stuff when I am able to.)

10. Is the GUI you make customisable. Like can I make my own buttons? Hope it makes sense lol.

11. This is for anyone who is from south Africa that I doubt there would be but what's is the best university/college to go study game development.I doubt you can in roll in a over sees one.If you can what is normally needed?

Thanks for reading and your help!I know all the answers is out there is just had to Google but for 2 more weeks my time is limited I have to study.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. nat42

nat42

Delphi is object oriented Pascal, right? Nothing wrong with Pascal, it's a decent language, especially as a first language to learn.

Nice try, a student's time is less valuable I think, and they need to learn to Google things twice as much.

You get 2 answers:

#6. Forget it

#1c) in the context of a return type, void means that the function / method will not return any value to the caller, this is equivalent to a "procedure" in Pascal

3. Whippets

Whippets

Welcome :)

#1. Yes
    #8. What version of Unity are you using?
    #10. Yes

4. mrm2

mrm2

Latest version
    Actual I forgot yesterday it told me a new update was out ,was it for the fix?

5. Whippets

Whippets

No idea, I'm working with 5.6 at the moment.

6. mrm2

mrm2

I have 2017.1.0f3
    How can I update it to 2.0f3 lol
    I remember it promoting me to do it but I ignored it

7. Whippets

Whippets

8. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

OK, I'll do a few. :)

#0. PLEASE READ THIS. It's a great introduction to Unity for people exactly like you.

Try learncs.org.

Yes, and yes.

Yes.

Whippets likes this.