Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question (New Here!) I have some questions about SQL Data Exploer.

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by ShenDh, Jun 20, 2022.

1. ShenDh

ShenDh

Hi there! I am doing research to find the most suitable solution for us from some data analytic platforms. Some questions pop up from my head while reading the documents.

1. Can we save the plot of SQL Data Explorer into my custom dashboard? So that I don't heve to re-enter those SQL command everytime.
    2. How long would the collected data exist? (Like, are the data 2 years ago available?)

Thanks for the reply : )

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing your questions with us, in answer to them:

1. Yes, you can save individual SQL Data Explorer queries and reload them again to save you having to retype the query. At the moment you need to load and view saved queries within the SQL Data Explorer UI, but we are working on a new Custom Dashboard feature. We will be sure to announce new features here on the Forum as they are released.

2. I will need to confirm the Analytics Data Retention policy with my colleagues in the engineering team. I'll post a message here and update our Documentation and FAQ when I have the answer.

For other general Analytics questions, we have an FAQ that may help, but feel free to post here if you can't find the info you are looking for.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    ShenDh likes this.
  3. basssssss

basssssss

Is there a rough ETA on the custom dashboard feature?

4. clarec_unity

clarec_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The custom dashboard feature is currently in development and will be landing in beta soon. Would you be interested in taking part? If so, could you kindly DM me your organization information so I can get you added to the list.

Thanks,
    Clare

5. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Again,

In response to the second question in the original post:
    There isn't a data retention limit on the new UGS Analytics.