Search Unity

New HDRP Scene does not render game objects

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by hridpath, Dec 13, 2019.

1. hridpath

hridpath

I have a problem with an HDRP setup. I have created a scene with the HD Template. Using the default settings and using the HD RenderPipline deffaut asset, I placed a prefab in the scene that had a material using the HDRP/Lit shader. The gameobject does not render in the editor or in the camera view. Does anyone have any idea as to what I am missing? (Unity 2019.3.0f3 and HDRP 7.1.6:: running on nVidia GTX 1080)

2. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Can you post a screenshot?
    Does the console show any errors or warnings?
    Also, there is a bug, when you enable Fog in Scene preview, nothing will render. A workaround is to either 1. toggle Fog off or 2. toggle Fog on, save everything and reopen the project.

Do you have a global volume in the scene? It is under right click Volume > Sky and Fog Volume.

Also does the HD Render Pipeline Wizard shows any errors?
    It is under Window > Render Pipeline.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  3. Dreamback

Dreamback

I have this issue as well. I was using Unity 2019.2.15 with its HDRP version, I upgraded to 2019.3.0f3 with its HDRP, and now many things aren't being rendered in the scene. Even just creating a simple Unity Cube in the scene, the cube is not rendered. I discovered one clue: if you set the HDRP/Lit Surface Type to Translucent instead of Opaque, they show up (so for example, we have buses, the bus windows show up but nothing else...making the body translucent makes it appear). We do not use fog, and toggling all effects in the scene off doesn't affect the issue. The wireframe shows that the objects are there.

I have no errors in the HD Render Pipeline Wizard (the only one I had was the default scene needed to be upgraded to an HDRP version). But I do have a warning in the console:
    Code (Boo):
    1. Attempting to draw with missing bindings
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Note, I'm using Vulkan in Linux, GTX 1080ti.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  4. Dreamback

Dreamback

A big clue - I made a build and ran it, and this is in the error log:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'HDRP/Lit' - All passes removed
    WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?

So...the main HDRP shader isn't working, so it just doesn't render?

5. Dreamback

Dreamback

Figured it out! If I unchecked "Receive Decals" on a material, that one would show up. So I went into my HDRP settings asset and disabled support for decals, and everything appeared!

Still get that "Shader unsupported: HDRP/Lit", but I think that may be from some objects we are loading from an Asset Bundle, I think we need to rebuild the asset bundle with the new HDRP version.