Search Unity

New GUI Scrollbar NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Spelmyst, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Spelmyst

Spelmyst

I have read through the docs. See below.

image01.PNG

I have seen a couple of videos on how to setup a scroll view. Still the Scrollbar does work.

I'm attempting to create a console like view. Where entries are added to the bottom of the Text component. It starts at the top, but once the text component exceeds the bottom dimension, it becomes scrollable with a bar on the right.

image02.PNG

When I set the Scroll Rect > Movement Type to "Clamped". It doesn't move at all. Even though the text content is about twice as long as the viewable area. It should still be able to move to the bottom. Elastic comes close.

image03.PNG

The Scrollbar (Switch is assigned to the Vertical Scroll in Scroll Rect) doesn't work in any of the ways that I've tried to implement it. It stays full sized, even when I manual change the Scrollbar size to 0.01. It adjusts itself back to 1.

If anyone knows how to make this work. Is anyone available that can TeamView with me and try to show/teach me why the Scrollbar and Scroll Rect aren't working correctly?