Search Unity

New GUI copy/paste in canvas text fields?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by bobbylee, Apr 5, 2015.

1. bobbylee

bobbylee

Hello,

I am moving a project from DF-GUI over to UT5 and the new GUI. I have a lot of labels and text boxes that had information in them. I have searched and found nothing (unless I searched wrong) about the lack of being able to copy and paste text into these new text fields on the canvas. I can add a bunch of scripts to update the text or retype it all, but I am hoping I am just missing something.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

3. bobbylee

bobbylee

Thank you Simon.
    I seem to have other issues also in the editor. Just was trying to copy paste my application ID from google into an editor script textbox from an admob plugin, and I can't do that either. Is this just something with my system,or is this a bug?
    Tried crtl/C crtl/V, copy from notepad and paste. nothing. I am using UT 5.0.1f1 personal.

4. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Not aware of that. If it is something you were able to do before, then log it as a bug using the Unity bug reporter in the editor

5. bobbylee

bobbylee

Appreciate your help, it turns out it was a clipboard registry issue on my machine.
    But I like the databinding you pointed me to, thanks again.

SimonDarksideJ likes this.
  6. JuanCamiloAlcaraz

JuanCamiloAlcaraz

Hi, just in case somebody have the same issue. I am having exactly the same issue, I cannot paste any text into the Unity Text UI and I though it was not possible. The thing was that I was trying to copy a text from a Word Document (*.doc) and no matter what I tried, it didnt worked, so I just test if I was doing something wrong or if the Copy function was not working so I opened the Notes app ( I am on Mac) and paste the text and it worked without any issue... the solution was that I copy again the text not from the Word Document but from the Notes app and later when I tried to paste into Unity it worked as expected... I really don`t know why this is happening into my mac, but maybe this solution could help somebody that is having the same issue.

Regards.