Search Unity

Official New for WebGL in Unity 2021.2

Discussion in 'Web' started by anthony_b_, Feb 2, 2022.

1. anthony_b_

anthony_b_

Unity Technologies

Build Improvements
    • WebGL now uses the incremental Player build pipeline.
    • Updated WebGL compiler to Emscripten 2.0.19 and removed support for the obsolete asm.js linker target.
    New Features
    • Added support for compressed audio in WebGL.
    • Added support for mobile compressed texture formats both on individual textures and through the texture subtarget build setting.
    • Added the Debug Symbols player setting to create release builds with embedded function symbols for improved profiling and error stack traces.
    • Enabled the URP feature SRP Batcher for WebGL 2.
    • Groundwork features to enable us to consider adding Mobile support to the WebGL platform:
      • Provide gyroscope, accelerometer, gravity sensor and attitude sensor values (iOS and Android browsers). See manual for details.
      • Forward and rear facing web cameras.
      • Allow full-screen projects to lock screen orientation (Android browsers).
    For the full list of fixes, see the release notes

Rallix, Thaina, xucian and 17 others like this.
  2. Marks4

Marks4

How can I do this? How do I set a project to fullscreen and to lock the screen orientation on Android browsers?

3. JeffreyBennett

JeffreyBennett

I'm glad to see this new thread for WebGL Roadmap / WebGPU support implementation in Unity. Thanks for opening it!

4. Nishan2030

Nishan2030

I cannot build any file in WebGL in unity 2021.2. It is stuck in this scene for hours.
    upload_2022-3-20_18-1-48.png
    I have tried changing many building settings, but not working. Even the sample scene also cannot be build.

5. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

This is not the thread for reporting bugs. Please do it in the appropriate place and not divert the conversation about the 2021.2 webgl features / roadmap.

6. LogicFlow

LogicFlow

Is Unity in the midst of shifting this featureset over to WebGPU, or are we still sitting with pure WebGL with its high overheads on multiple GL calls?

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  7. theVirtunaut

theVirtunaut

I'm getting these errors when I try building for WebGL on the latest build. Havent found any solutions yet.

Attached Files:

8. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Does anyone know how to get unity video player to play a Base64 video ?

9. JCIPL

JCIPL

Hi ,
    We are using unity 2021.3 for making WebGL build, However after playing the index file it is stuck at loading (90%).
    Could you please help us, we've tried by changing all the publishing setting like compression format disabled but doesn't work for us.

Attached Files:

10. OneManArmy3D

OneManArmy3D

Do you see any errors in browser console?

11. xucian

xucian

Please make Task and UniTask work in WebGL, otherwise it's unusable with most bigger projects which require several libraries that only expose async APIs.
    I had no luck with any version after 2021, and I've tried many.
    Also tried this hack but it requires PlayerSettings.WebGL.threadsSupport which, once enabled, fails the build in Unity >=2021

12. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

How is it that microphone on webGL is still not being provided?

13. yty

yty

Can 2021.x support this feature?
    • Added mobile keyboard support for WebGL to enter text in UI input fields.

K_Kuriyama and xucian like this.
  14. xucian

xucian

Update for anyone interested. This was solved by a brilliant guy.

That's a big one for us as well! Please do

K_Kuriyama likes this.
  15. tinyant

tinyant

do you fixed this?

16. Programmer_1V1

Programmer_1V1

Hello, let me first say thank you for offering any help; please let me know what additional info would be helpful.
    I am working on an application that I have built for WebGL. It is a large project (~240MB) and after updating it recently, I can not get it to run in an iFrame. The previous version worked perfectly (2020.x.x LTS's) but after upgrading the project to URP/2021.x.x LTS, I can not play it from an iFrame.

After uploading the build to WordPress, I can locate and click the index.html file and open up the build successfully with no issues at all. However, if I create a page and use custom HTML to create an iFrame, and set the source as the index.html, I get errors. Please note, that the build opens successfully if I directly clicked and ran the index.html file directly as it cached the files on my browser. But if I clear the cache and navigate to the page with the iFrame, I again see errors. The build just stops loading between 20-60%, and sometimes has an Abort modal pop-up. I have tried different builds as well related to compression (gzip, gzip with decompression fallback, brotli, brotli with DF, not compressed at all, etc).

In Network, the GET request is returning with a 206, but shows (failed)
    upload_2023-1-25_17-22-43.png

Any help would be VERY much appreciated, thank you.