Search Unity

Official New Feature: Exclusion Filtering for Crashes and Exceptions

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by StaceyH, Jun 11, 2019.

1. StaceyH

StaceyH

Administrator

We’ve released new filtering functionality for the Crashes and Exceptions feature of Cloud Diagnostics. With this release, you can now specify parameters to exclude in your search query. We’ve also redesigned the filter UI to have a much cleaner experience, giving you the ability to expand/collapse the filter section to save space and easily delete individual parameters, which are now located in the chips section at the top:

tag.gif

If you find that you don’t like your newly added parameters, you can reset to the last completed search via the Cancel button:

cancel.gif

2. MigrantP

MigrantP

Is it possible to set your default filters somewhere? I never want to see editor crashes & exceptions in here, but my filter resets every time I visit the page.

3. tim_lol

tim_lol

Is it possible to add custom filters?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @MigrantP, we do not support default filters at this time. I understand that it's a hassle to reconfigure them each time you visit the page and we'll look into ways to improve this experience.

Hi @tim_lol, at the moment custom filters beyond what is available in the dropdowns is not supported. Can you give examples of what types of custom filters you'd like to see or use so that I can pass them along to the dev team?

5. tim_lol

tim_lol

I just now found out that we can set custom metadata that we can use in the filters which serves my purpose. :) ` UnityEngine.CrashReportHandler.CrashReportHandler.SetUserMetadata`

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  6. tim_lol

tim_lol

Hey @ryanc-unity this is great for crashes/exceptions within Unity, but is there a way to get visibility on failures to load the engine in WebGL? For example, I want to get a report of a timeout on slow chromebooks, or out of memory wasm error on iOS 13.0, or any other reason for failure to load the wasm, along with the device info we get with the in-unity reports.

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Tim, unfortunately our crash/exception reports wouldn't help with detecting those specific issues. If you can detect via callbacks when those out of memory or loading errors happen then you could try using the User Reporting service to send custom reports and get relevant device info that way.

8. tim_lol

tim_lol

How would that work if the engine isn't even loaded? Is there something I can do in javascript? Also, how can I catch errors that happen from the UnityLoader.js, which is where it seems those errors come from with the wasm instantiation? I'd rather not manually edit that file since it gets auto-generated on build, and I never know when the auto-generation will change with a Unity update. If I can catch those errors, my company has another error reporting service that I can send it to if we can't use Unity's without the engine.

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You're right, the User Reporting service would not help with checking for errors if the engine hasn't been loaded yet. I'm sorry for the misinformation. At this time there isn't a way for Cloud Diagnostics to check for errors in javascript. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

10. reigota

reigota

would be nice to be able to SAVE some filters.. :/ .. or get a link with the filter to pass to someone else in the team..

bgroves_ce likes this.
  11. HandMadeGame

HandMadeGame

Second that. It is really cumbersome to set filter every time. It'd help a lot to save list of filters so that I can apply them with just one click.

bgroves_ce likes this.
  12. camogram

camogram

Hi team,
    This is great - we've been live for a few weeks and it's been extremely helpful - particularly on Android where in-house testing for all devices is not always an option.

I'd just like to echo the sentiment that saving the filters would be very useful! Typically we have 6+ different views to check daily based on platform and severity. Using the query string in the url would be ideal for us as this would make bookmarking and sharing with team members easy.

13. g-augview

g-augview

+1 for default filters/saving filters.
    Reports from the editor are most of the time disregarded since they are generated when we write code.

peterlebek likes this.
  14. onefish1

onefish1

+1 for default filters, saving filters, and sharing filters via URL

It'd also be cool to have the webhooks (to slack, discord, etc) have a 'filter by tag' option

Lastly, there isn't much documentation on User Reporting, that area could definitely some love

Thanks

peterlebek likes this.
  15. PatrickMZ

PatrickMZ

peterlebek and garv3 like this.
  16. ProdiggaPA

ProdiggaPA

We need to be able to save filters. One accidental click and you navigate away from the page and loose your entire setup.

peterlebek and garv3 like this.
  17. garv3

garv3

peterlebek likes this.
  18. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

19. MehdiKhadir

MehdiKhadir

20. PatrickMZ

PatrickMZ

would be very very very nice when we can have those filters like in Crashes and Exceptions in the User Reports.
    the User Reports are very limited with the Dimension and Value selector.

Or how you guys are using the selectors for filtering Reports. those selectors only show a few entries. not all possible values.

21. sklimenko

sklimenko

2 years, no filter save between page reloads, that's a shame.