Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New error in 5.40b5 The object of type 'Image' has been destroyed but you are still trying to acces

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by epit, Feb 12, 2016.

1. epit

epit

Just updated to 5.40b5. This error is new in an otherwise working project before the update.

I have submitted a bug report too......

Not even sure where this is coming from as the error message doesn't indicate anything from my own source files.

This is occurring in scenes are I have ScrollRect's being used to create pseudo table/list views. And if I tap on one of the images in buttons that are are in my scroll rect this error fires repeatedly. The entire scene becomes unclickable.

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Image' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.

Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.

UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[CanvasRenderer] () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineComponentBindings.gen.cs:48)

UnityEngine.UI.Graphic.get_canvasRenderer () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Graphic.cs:207)

UnityEngine.UI.Graphic.get_depth () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Graphic.cs:158)

UnityEngine.UI.GraphicRaycaster.Raycast (UnityEngine.Canvas canvas, UnityEngine.Camera eventCamera, Vector2 pointerPosition, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 results) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/GraphicRaycaster.cs:226)

UnityEngine.UI.GraphicRaycaster.Raycast (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 resultAppendList) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/GraphicRaycaster.cs:139)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.RaycastAll (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 raycastResults) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:180)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerInputModule.GetMousePointerEventData (Int32 id) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/InputModules/PointerInputModule.cs:198)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent (Int32 id) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:415)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:407)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.Process () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:190)

UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:277)