Search Unity

Bug New Empty Project Memory leaks with Netcode for Entities

Discussion in 'NetCode for ECS' started by ricky_lee_, May 17, 2023.

1. ricky_lee_

ricky_lee_

In a new and empty 3D Core template project, after installing Netcode for Entities Unity detects around 50 leaks in play mode

console_01.PNG

These leaks are only detected after Netcode for Entities is installed, the dependencies are fine on their own.

Versions:
    • Unity 2022.2.19f1
    • Netcode for Entities 1.0.8
    • Unity Transport 2.0.1
    • Entities 1.0.8
    • Unity Logging 1.0.8
    I'm not sure how to resolve it, today I've been going through Unity's networked cube example and the number is increasing after setting up the bootstrap and connecting client to the server.

console_02.PNG

I haven't experienced any issues/crashes so far but I can't help feeling like the "This is fine" meme, apologies for the huge stack trace log :eek:

Attached Files:

2. jonathan-hertz

jonathan-hertz

Unity Technologies

Hi ricky_lee_, thanks for the report and the full log. This is actually a known issue, and we are looking at resolving it. Unfortunately, tracking down memory leaks takes a lot of time, so I cannot say when this issue will be fixed. Could I ask you to log a report via the editor bug reporter so we can get the full context? If you do, please post the case number here, thanks.

I can say that this issue should never actually result in memory leaks. The message you see is our systems cleaning up the leak, and just means that some allocation did not get deleted in time. So you can safely ignore the issue for now.

NikiWalker likes this.
  3. ricky_lee_

ricky_lee_

No problem, I made the report with the project files like you asked, the reference is IN-41326

Glad to know I can continue without issue :D Thanks for the quick reply!

jonathan-hertz likes this.