Search Unity

New editor theme feedback over?

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by chatrat12, Dec 24, 2018.

1. chatrat12

chatrat12

Noticed a lot of constructive feedback in the Editor theme thread. It was locked when a thread about the new iteration was introduced and was directed to go there to participate. It seems that the new thread is also locked so participation is no longer an option?

2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

yea it's a bit of a dissapointment, I thought it was a nice place for feedback all in one place.

3. LeonhardP and Peter77 like this.
  4. EricJ13

EricJ13

Okay, I'm giving up. I must be an idiot. I installed 2019.1.0a14 via Unity Hub but it has the old UI and I can't figure out how to get the new one. Edit>Preferences and Window>Package Manager don't have any readily identifiable options to change the UI. What am I missing, other than intelligence?

5. chatrat12

chatrat12

Download link to editor prototype is here.

6. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I like the interface better how it is now, at least they should give us the option to keep using the current one ( switch between themes )

7. benoitd_unity

benoitd_unity

Unity Technologies

It was great for getting general feedback and identify issues related to the new theme but we're now iterating by measuring deltas between versions and surveys are much better to accomplish that.

The team is still working at improving it and a second survey should be posted soon.

rmb303 and Lars-Steenhoff like this.