Search Unity

New ECS on Linux Editor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Arnau-Prat, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Arnau-Prat

Arnau-Prat

Hi All,
    This is my first post here and I have a dumb question. Does the new ECS system work on the Linux editor? I am trying to run some benchmarks for a research project but I cannot make it work, so maybe I am missing something.

I am using AntergOS (Arch based) and build 2018.3.0b3 downloaded from the AUR. I've also added the following manifest.json file to the project:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/blob/master/Samples/Packages/manifest.json

The error I get is that the build system is unable to find the Unity.Entities package.

Assets/Benchmarks/MovementSystem.cs(4,13): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Entities' does not exist in the namespace `Unity'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Arnau-Prat

Arnau-Prat

Hi,
    Apparently recreating the project from scratch solved the issue.
    Best,

3. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

For me it just simply crashes. Unity 2018.3.0b4 and using the ECS samples that you linked.

I get this in the editor log:
    Code (csharp):
    1. : CommandLine Error: Option 'aarch64-enable-ccmp' registered more than once!
    2. LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
    3. [Unity Package Manager (Upm)]
    4. Parent process [27624] was terminated

4. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

Apparently the entities stuff is already in unity by default, so we didn't have to include it in the manifest.

angusmf likes this.
  5. angusmf

angusmf

Not sure about this. If you remove the entities package from the ECS samples package for example, the Unity.Entities namespace is unavailable. Tons of errors in the console.
    Looks like it's something to do with this:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/entities-package-crashes-editor-on-start-up.533625/#post-3513568

My (linux) builds have the same error with Burst.