Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question New Diffusion Profile Dual Lobe Settings in HDRP 15

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Qleenie, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Qleenie

Qleenie

Hi,

what's the advantages of using the new dual lobe settings (multiplier and mix) in diffusion profiles in HDRP 15 vs just using the different inputs of StackLit Master Node (Smoothness / Smoothness B / Lobe mix)?
    Will the result be the same if I use same values?

2. Misaki_eKU

Misaki_eKU

Yes, they will be the same. The only advantage is you can now use default lit shader and don't need to create another shader anymore.

3. Qleenie

Qleenie

Did you test this? I tried it with shader graph, but the values did not seem to make any difference at least on lit master node. I guess you still need to use StackLit.

4. Misaki_eKU

Misaki_eKU

The lit shader means "HDRP/Lit", not lit shader graph.

5. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

The dual lobe from diffusion probe should work with HDRP/Lit, lit shadergraphs, and even stacklit shadergraph (set the diffuse lob parametrization to diffusion profile in the graph settings)
    Result on Lit and StackLit should be roughly the same, but using a Lit shader is much more performant.

Qleenie likes this.
  6. Qleenie

Qleenie

thanks, I tried again with 2023.1.20, and can confirm it works fine now with Lit shadergraph.
    If only I could use SSS and Specular together, I'd switch from StackLit to Lit. Is there a performance difference in StackLit using direct parametrization of Dual Lobe vs using from Diffusion profile?

7. adrien-de-tocqueville

adrien-de-tocqueville

Unity Technologies

no, same performances

Qleenie likes this.