Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

New Device Simulator (preview)

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by JC-Cimetiere, Sep 26, 2019.

1. paul_h

paul_h

2. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Previously, the device simulator was a package, in newer versions, it's built-in. Not sure which devices are included, but in any case, you can add your own device.

Also, the package is/was a preview package, so you might first need to enable to option to show preview packages in the editor. It was never published via the Asset Store.

3. paul_h

paul_h

Yep, i tried in the asset store because I had no idea where to find it.
    Not speaking about the simulator itself but the "Device Simulator Devices 1.0.0". It appears to be a separate asset that contains additional devices for the device simulator.

4. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Right I see, then I don't know, because when I try to add com.unity.device-simulator.devices to Unity 2021.2. it says "not compatible", but also, if I look over the list it seems like all of those devices should be installed by default, but yea iPhone 13 is missing. Sorry, can't help, but I'd be interested as well to have more devices!

5. petey

petey

Hey I've been using the device simulator on the new 2021 LTS release and I noticed that whenever I trigger an input, a macOS system sound plays. It's super annoying, is anyone else getting this?

6. MaximPP

MaximPP

How to use DeviceSimulatorCallbacks.OnDeviceChange? Can you give me an example? I am getting an error
    "The type or namespace name 'DeviceSimulator' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity' "

7. Artpen

Artpen

Device Simulator always return 1 for tapCount ? It there a way to fix it?
    How to test iOS double tap feature with it ?

unityunity