Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

New Dashboard - no archived projects?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by RisingSunStudios, Sep 8, 2020.

1. RisingSunStudios

RisingSunStudios

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before. I was checking out the new beta dashboard and it appears there is no way to view, or un-archive, projects.

Can anyone point me to where this is? Or is it indeed missing, in which case, it really needs to be added..

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @RisingSunStudio, in the new Dashboard, you should see a checkbox in the top right of the Develop section that will display Archived Projects only.
    Snip20200911_4.png
    From here, you can click on the "Unarchive" button next to any project that you'd like to unarchive.

3. RisingSunStudios

RisingSunStudios

Hi, the new dashboard does not have the "Develop Operate Acquire" tabs anymore. If I go to "Devops" I can get to a list of my projects via the "Manage Projects" link but no checkbox like in the old dashboard. There is no way to see any archived projects.

I've attached an image of what I get when changing to the new dashboard - no Develop, Operate or Acquire.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm not familiar with that particular site. I'm referring to the site at http://dashboard.unity3d.com/. On the landing page, you can click the Develop tab at the top to view the Develop Dashboard. You should see the Dashboard that I'm referring to there.

5. RisingSunStudios

RisingSunStudios

Yes, but I am referring to the new beta dashboard, as stated in the title of this thread.

If you go to the site that you linked, then click on your profile in the top right, then click "try the new beta dashboard".

Surely the new beta dashboard is the dashboard that is replacing dashboard.unity3dcom? In which case, as per my original post, the new beta dashboard is missing the functionality of un-archiving projects.

I'm not asking "how do I un-archive projects?" because I can still do that in the old dashboard. I'm trying to report a missing piece of vital functionality from the new beta dashboard! I don't know how I can be any clearer and this is getting exhausting.. :(

If this issue isn't fixed, and the beta dashboard goes live, I'm going to lose all my archived projects because then there will be NO way to restore archived projects!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm very sorry for the confusion on my part. I was not made aware of a new Dashboard beta, but I'm reviewing it now and have reached out to the Dashboard team for updates on where the option to view archived projects has been moved to. If it's missing then we will make sure that it is reintroduced. I'll update here when I have more information.

[UPDATE] The Dashboard team has been notified and they will add this functionality back ASAP. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your patience in helping me understand where exactly the issue was located. We'll be updating our workflows to make sure that these kind of changes on the Dashboard don't go unnoticed by the Service teams in the future.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. RisingSunStudios

RisingSunStudios

Excellent - it is much appreciated, I'm happy we got there in the end and could help out :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  8. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting :) We'll keep the previous version up until we achieve feature parity with the previous one. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your dashboard experience better.